“Uncontrollable guests” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
“Uncontrollable guests”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel was recommended by relatives who stayed in the past. While they were correct in their enthusiasm of its location for all the Christmas themed events, the guests in the hotel were something I wasn't forewarned about. Apparently the staff has no control. They're was a large wedding there that turned into some sort of night club. The pounding of the music raged through out the hotel all night. There drunk revelers (including oompa loompas apparently hired for the wedding) kept my family up all night. My wife felt horrified when drunk party goers basically accosted get in the lobby with a tremendous bottle of champagne and drunken propositions using of all things the lobby flowers. Find a quieter place if you have kids and actually want to sleep.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
mount airy, maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were recently at Hotel Hershey for two nights for a wedding. The staff should be commended from top to bottom for their service and graciousness. While we were there for an adult function families were very present - so fun to see the little ones dressed in their holiday finest enjoying breakfast with Santa. We all enjoyed a hot chocolate treat in the lobby Friday night efficiently put together by staff. The lobby can be quite chilly so dress accordingly. Dinner at Trevi5 was excellent. Cioppino yum. The Lights Tour via the Trolley capped the evening. The Circular was a beautiful spot to enjoy breakfast. The buffet was fairly ordinary so we ordered from the menu - a very rich crab Benedict and interestingly served smoked salmon on bagel chips. Julie was excellent. The wedding sites in the fountain room, the garden ballroom and the top floor dance club were great. An evening not to forget. And if we still had any energy left Hershey Park was right across the street. We have stayed at a number of places over the years and this has to rank right up there with the best of the best for variety and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the activity areas surrounding the fountains - the sound may carry if you a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently visited Hotel Hershey for a weekend wedding and honestly didnt know what to expect from this Landmark hotel but was happily surprised.
Firstly, the hotel provides courtesy cars and special transportation to Amtrak Railroad can also be arranged via the conceige (kyle was terrific). The drivers: Lynn, Steve and Tom were all wonderful and made my ride enjoyabl and a pleasure to speak with though Steve was my favorite.

Secondly, when I arrived I had a small issue but Jason, the front desk supervisor was able to immediately assign a person to assist me and remedy the situation quickly.

Thirdly, the spa and fitness room are outstanding. Jake in the fitness center was a delight to speak with and was not only a an expert in fitness but also a historian in various Hershey Hotel fun facts. I learned so many interesting facts about the town of Hershey in 5 minutes that I quickly became a mini-expert myself.

Fourthly, I enjoyed the constant Hershey chocolate throughout the stay whenever my room was serviced. The room was very clean and the hotel utilizes both mattress & pillow protectors to ensure cleanliness.

Finally, the hotel offers "cottages" but in my opinion they are mislabeled as cottages since the name does not sound appealing but small and outdated but these units were actually beautiful "Villas". They were new, fresh, sleek and equipped with fireplaces and modern furniture, decor and amenities.

My only issue with the property was the fact the bathrooms were relevantly small.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to my friends & family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family (husband and 4 yr old) stayed in a suite for 2 nights to add some excitement to the holiday season. Hershey Hotel was rec. to us by a friend as being very family friendly so we were on board. The staff, room, and restaurants provided high average to good service. All staff were friendly and helpful. The real charm was in the holiday themed activities both in and outside the hotel. Breakfast with Santa at the hotel was flawless and memorable for our family.
The down side was Saturday evening the hotel had a wedding reception that caused a significant amount of noise (bass vibrations) in our room from 8pm-12am. At 11:30 pm we contacted the front desk to inquire when the event would be ending and we were given a brief apology. When I stated my concern in the morning upon check out (when spending over a certain amount on a room- noise level in the late evening should be taken into consideration) the staff apologized and confirmed that most likely the noise issue could not be addressed (I stated that in the future these rooms should not be booked or booked to wedding guests only). When staying in this hotel I would ensure upon booking and check in that your room is not near the reception areas. Hershey during the holiday's has a magic that is memorable!

Room Tip: Specify that you do not want to be near pool or reception (wedding/party event areas).
Lancaster, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Brunch at Hotel Hershey at Christmas time has been a tradition for years, but it was very disappointing this year. The food choices were ordinary, nothing like the unique items they used to serve. The food stations were messy and resupplying was sporadic. Our server was friendly and attentive, but unfortunately the selection and poor presentation overshadowed her efforts.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Delaware City, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife, daughter and I love the Hershey hotel. We have a great time just walking the floors of this Grande Dame of boutique hotels. Our holiday traditions include a visit to the Hershey hotel as well as some of the activities in Hershey park. the Sunday brunch is a favorite of ours as well. We usually are greeted by courteous and friendly hotel staff, except for one incident with Thresea, in the Signature Gift Shop. Theresa, felt the need to complain to my wife about the fact that 200 people checked out on the 15th and she was flustered and in a very un-hospitable mood. We will be back, but we will stay out of the Signature shop if she is there.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear DSL_DE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to The Hotel Hershey. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as Sunday Brunch.

Please accept my apologies for the lack of customer service you experienced in the Signatures gift shop. I can assure you that your concerns will be addressed.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

we again had such a wonderful time at the HOTEL HERSHEY. The renovations to the pool area are great and Hersheypark at Christmastime is so beautiful! Thanks for such a great stay again. Breakfast with Santa is such a huge hit with my kids. Thanks for having such a family friendly event in a gorgeous hotel.

Dear gail b,

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to Hershey. We always appreciate hearing from our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the indoor pool, Christmas Candylane, and Breakfast with Santa. I am glad that you and your family had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Been to The Hotel Hershey? Share your experiences!