“The best--but...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“The best--but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We love the Hotel Hershey. Came back for St Patrick's Day weekend and once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Food this time good...not great but restaurant service excellent. The "but" of this review is as follows: Hershey is for kids. Regardless of the fact that this is a luxury hotel, the staff should recognize that and not raise an eyebrow when they see a toddler having a tantrum in the lobby. Nor should the retail store keeper at the location seem annoyed when a toddler is walking thru touching non breakables with mom watching every step. That being said we enjoyed our stay and will be back this Summer with the hope that staff has a reality check.

Room Tip: Make sure you find out if your room has a hot tub shower or a separate shower. A bit scary without...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank HonestReviewer099

Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although my stay at The Hotel Hershey was for only one night for a conference dinner, it was truly memorable. From the guys on the door, who literally bent over with sweeping gestures to open the door for me, to the friendly folks who checked me in, using my name, and gave me a bar of Hershey's Special Dark, to those who greeted me everywhere I went, I was made to feel extremely welcome and comfortable. My room, located poolside to the beautiful indoor pool (which is located in a vast glass atrium), was fantastic - beautifully furnished and clean with a super bathroom and oh-so-soft-and-warm bathrobe. The dinner menu was not my favorite choice of items but it was good; the drinks in the Iberian Lounge, which is a stunning room, were excellent - I even drank a Belgian beer, and I never drink beer! The waffles for breakfast next morning were out of this world - the best waffles I ever ate. I really wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: I loved my room, which was poolside to the beautiful indoor pool. The only disadvantage to this was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Carol B
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Hershey with a group of girls for a bachelorette party. The hotel was great. We got a two bedroom suite (one bedroom had a king size bed, one two fulls) with a living room that had a pull out couch and two bathrooms. 7 of us slept very comfortably. The living room was a great size and the sofa was big - almost all of us could sit on it at once! It looked like this was the type of suite that would easily become a king size bed plus living room or two doubles plus living room - there were doors that locked between the three rooms. So, if you are traveling with a family getting the living room would be a great idea.

The beds were really comfortable and the bathrooms were really well appointed. The bath products are so nice and smell amazing. Girls called dibs on who got to take them home!

The staff is so friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping would come at times that were convenient for us, and stopped by a couple of times to see if we were okay, needed towels or water, etc. The concierge helped us get cabs, a bell man helped us take a great group photo. Everyone we met was so helpful. You also get chocolate bars when you check in and we got a surprise basket of chocolate treats dropped off during our stay!

There are a few places where the hotel could improve. First, the heating/cooling system was very old and seemed to operate at either "Very hot" or no heat at all settings. Second, one of the bathrooms (the one in the room with two fulls) was really small. Still very nice and clean but small. Finally, the room with the king size bed was right next to an elevator. This wound up being very loud. Speaking of loud, you could hear the music playing in the upper lobby from this bedroom until 11 PM. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room away from the upper lobby and elevator!

As a last tip, we went to the chocolate spa during the day and it is phenomenal!!! Well worth the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PhillyCali
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I visited on business and was treated like it was a vacation. I will definitely return. The entire time there was wonderful and I rarely left the property. The staff, from entering the property to leaving made me feel as though I was the most important person in the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron S
Chambersburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent the extra money for a king premium room with a tub. We were only there for one night as a getaway from our two young children, but since we never had to leave the resort (we ate at the restaurants on site), it was an extraordinarily restful and romantic time. The staff used our names and we left feeling valued, relaxed, and recharged. So glad we went--hoping to make it an annual tradition!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane H
Warminster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Hotel Hershey was one of the most beautiful hotels i ever stayed at the service was wonderful the food was great every time we left the the romm and came back there was always something there ice, in the bucket bed turned down and of course Hersey Kisses..
The lobby on the second floor is really something to see..
If your ever going to Hersey this is a must stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have visited the hotel and spa now for several years and continue to look forward to my trip every year. The hotel is wonderful, the staff exceptional, and the spa a delight! My favorite thing about the room are the sheets and the comfort of the beds. The restaurants are above average and the breakfast buffet is quite good for the price. I hope to continue my annual visits for some time to come.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
#6 of 24 in Hershey
4.0 of 5 stars 417 reviews
SpringHill Suites Hershey
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey

Been to The Hotel Hershey? Share your experiences!