“Wonderful as always” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia
“Wonderful as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Hotel Hershey is our family getaway and we love it! We are picky travelers yet we always are impressed by this magical hotel. The inside is beautiful - the common areas are warm, welcoming and perfectly maintained, the rooms are luxurious, well-appointed and immaculate, and the feel of the hotel is a combination of old world charm and 5-star luxury. The restaurants are all great with a nice selection of options on all menus. However what makes this place great is the staff. Everyone greets you with a smile and a customer-first attitude! Many of the employees have worked there for years and their loyalty and passion for the hotel shows! Some on this website will always find things to complain about, but from an objective, discerning viewpoint - this hotel is a true gem not to be missed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1,181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I held our annual Company Christmas party on this location last week and everything was flawless. It is truly a beautiful property with outstanding views and well manicured grounds. The staff are extremely friendly and accomadating - to the point where you almost feel like you are transported to a different time when hotel staff truly made you feel like a VIP. Food for the party was excellent.

We spent time in the Iberian Lounge as well and enjoyed that. Valet parking is free so that is a big plus. The rooms themselves are very nice. They aren't "modern" in terms of the fact that the hotel is older, however they are well maintained and have all the modern conveniences. We really enjoyed our party and our overnight stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room that overlooks the back of the property vs. the front of the property then you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Since 2006 I have been taking my staff to the Spa at Hotel Hershey for our Holiday Celebration. We arrive early to take advantage of the pool, hot tub and workout center, schedule our services around our group lunch at the Oasis and leave early evening.

At lunch when I inquired about the possibility of gluten-free bread, the staff advised they could accomodate if given 48 hours notice but they would see what they could do on short notice. Within ten minutes I not only had gluten-free bread but creme brulee for a non-gluten dessert! I was most impressed!

I have never been disappointed with the services, foods or relaxing, beautiful environment.

I have been to many top-rated spas but Hotel Hershey is one of my top three!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Burlington county
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just returned from a lovely pre-Christmas stay at the Hotel Hershey. The staff at this hotel couldn't possibly have be friendlier or more accomodating. From check-in to check-out, the customer service was exemplary. Our room was spotless, and having the room serviced twice a day was wonderful!!!

My ONLY disappointment was the incredibly small room we were given. For just two adults, it was very cramped. Plus, we were located over a loading dock (I think), so we could hear the slamming of truck doors every morning at around 6:00am. I thought about asking for a different room, but I decided to just grin & bear it. So, if you decide to stay here, ask for a room that's far from any loading dock area.

We'll go back to Hershey next year for their Christmas events, but I think we'll stay at the Hershey Lodge instead.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are now over fifty years of wedded bliss, with in tact taste buds. The Hotel Hershey has always been a favorite. And wow, the Mrs. is alergic to chocolate (think we'd ever go to Hershey?) and for special deserts they always come up with something amazing for her desert....last time was a Happy Anniversary over Pound Cake written in Caramel! If you can't use chocolate, think SUGAR! We haven't always lived near Hershy, but now that we're back, we treasure our visits to the circular dinning room. We started when out kids played in the fountains, and now they treat us to weekends at the Hershey. Live is good, especially if you live within four hours of Hershey! The best, a major five star attraction. Food, Golf, amusement park, you name it. Hershey Rocks!

Room Tip: They are all good. No trains, no super highways, sitting on the top of a big hill in the country.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

As I said to the front desk attendant upon check-out, I've stayed at 5 star properties across the globe, and this hotel definitely measured up! My husband and 18 month old daughter booked a spontaneous 2 night stay at Hotel Hershey after Sandy disrupted our Caribbean travel plans and I couldn't have been happier. From the chocolate bars at check-in, to the restaurants, to the pool, ice skating rink, etc, this resort has everything. We splurged and stayed in one of the Cottage Rooms which was fantastic. You have to get into your car and drive up to the main property (at least in the winter), but for a family like us that likes privacy but the amenities of a grand hotel, would recommend the Cottages highly.

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are terrific: spacious rooms, bathrooms and soaking tubs, fireplaces.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wyckoff, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Hershey and we had a very nice time. We had lunch with Santa which was fun. We went to the Gingerbread Tea at the Hershey Lodge (skip it! the food was awful and the graham cracker houses were falling apart as we made them. It wasn't worth it and it was not at all what I expected). Everything else was fun. It rained while we where there so we mostly stayed indoors. We never did make it to the amusement park. At a few of the venues I got a few sour pusses but other than that everyone was extremely pleasant, curteous and helpful. One word of advise when making your reservation: make sure you ask about package deals. I must have called the reservation line 5 or 6 times to make changes, ask questions etc. but not once did anyone inform me of a package deal. We paid for everything a la carte. I only found out about it after we met our friends there and they told us about it. Also, the signage was not that good and for first time visitors like us we weren't well informed of how to get to places or where activities were held. Despite all of that, we had a lot of fun. My children are 4 and 9 years of age. Also, the room was extremely hot and dry. I was parched the whole time I was there. I'm so sorry this review is not better organized and I jumped around a lot but I'm running off to an appointment!

Room Tip: We have two children and book a room with two queen size beds and it worked out fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel Hershey? Share your experiences!