“Wow - I'm surprised...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
PA
“Wow - I'm surprised...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband & I needed a place to stay for a night while traveling through Hermitage, PA. Our GPS said that Royal Motel was the closest.

When we pulled up, we kind of looked at each other. This place looks a bit shady from the outside. However, it is not!

The night manager was super nice and told us that two double beds would be $49 including tax. We asked to take a look and were given the keys for 103.

We were so surprised. We walked in and it smelled great. The place is super clean and had no bugs. We were sold!

The room has a fridge, microwave, TV, A/C and heat, and everything you need for a night. It even had new linens and two bars of soap.

My husband & I need a few things in a hotel - a working remote for the TV, no bugs and clean linens. This place had all three.

It isn't a 5-star hotel so I am not basing it on that. The door locks are a bit hard - you need to put your body weight on the door to lock it. It isn't a big deal - I am just replying to the review from missacsmith.

There is coffee in the lobby.

The beds were comfortable. The shower pressure was good and the water was hot!

The road noise is a bit loud if you are a super light sleeper. My husband & I always bring a white noise machine and had no troubles.

I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room was clean and had cable, a fridge, and a microwave. We had a queen sized bed with 2 people for $49 out the door. Unfortunately, the door did not lock from the outside. No breakfast as it says here, but for the extra $20 you would spend elsewhere, you can get a breakfast in town. Support local business!

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I we would stay here again, room was clean and good location to town, not upscale like some hotels but quiet & clean; no squeaking beds! Microwave & small referigerator in the room, that was convenient.

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in Royal Motel because of the positive reviews. And I was not disappointed at all. This was my first visit to Hermitage and this motel is right in the center of city. All the restaurants and shopping were very convenient, compared to the other more expensive lodging (they were still about 1/2 mile away). Room was clean and management was very friendly. Front desk did their best to answer all my questions and even pointed out the local AAA for me. If your looking for simple accomodations at good price this is the place. I would stay here again in my next visit! Remember to bring your own shampoo and blow dryer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Millbrook, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at this motel for seven days. The manager was courteous and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. It is under new management and the difference is striking. The only thing that I would change is there are no coffee pots in the room and you need to go to the office for a cup. No big deal. Dunkin donuts and a host of sit down and fast food places are nearby along with a shopping mall. It is an inexpensive way to spend sometime in the valley. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Royal Motel will be the only stay for me and all my employees whenever I/they have to visit near Hermitage, PA. Personally, I like good service, cleanliness, & overall this is near from banks, food stores, & malls.

I am ok to spend 200$ for stay, but why should I spend that if I get everything at lower price.

I would like to recommend all my business friends this place.

Have a Perfect Stay...

Room Tip: Upstair Big Family Room is Perfect. (Either you are one or with family)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is the Cheapest (38$/night), & Cleanest (No bugs/roaches). And I like the divine spiritual vibrations in the atmosphere here, I also asked about that.

I would definitely suggest everybody to spend night here and save money (for donation and other charity work).

Please reserve in advance because I was lucky that day.

Wish you all happy stay at Royal Motel...

Room Tip: "Room # 221 is perfect for Family with kids - We Like it"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Motel - Hermitage? Share your experiences!