“Good food, but make sure you get someone who understands english!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kobe Japanese Restaurant

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Hermitage
Cuisines: Japanese
“Good food, but make sure you get someone who understands english!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have eaten here at least 7+ times. The cooks usually don't understand english, & it is hard to express to them how you want your food cooked. The waitresses usually even have a hard time conveying it to them, so beware of that. I have always had a good meal though. The cooking "show" is fun to watch. Young kids love it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I love sushi, but not this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Unskilled sushi chef, raw fish are dry and obviously old. Very nice interior and drink bar. But the sushi is not recommended. Didn't try the teppanyaki tables, and I won't ever do, since I don't plan on going there again.

Visited December 2012
West Middlesex, Pennsylvania
“dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

great love japanese steakhouse . price reasonalble too.

Visited May 2012
Warren, Ohio
“Good food but iffy service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My friends and I went on a busy saturday night. We were told it would be an hour wait to get seated but we spoke up and asked how long the wait would be to sit at the tables in the bar...the host said "no wait". He just assumed we would only want hibachi. We waited a while to get served in the bar area...our waitress complained that she had a lot of tables and kept making excuses why she was providing lackluster service. Normally I don't care about waiting a bit on a busy saturday but I also don't want to hear a million reasons why I am not getting a refill or all of the items I ordered.

On a positive note, when the food finally arrived it was very good. The atmosphere was fun in the bar area and we decided to try the hibachi some other time when it was less busy.

• Visited January 2012