“Not bad given the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Hermitage

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Hermitage to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Hermitage
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2700 Wilson Road, Hermitage, PA 16148 (Formerly Hermitage Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Toronto, Canada
“Not bad given the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We paid 99$ all in for a 2 queen room. The room was very clean and I had no complaints. The rest of the property needs some serious updating. The lobby seems like it is from the early 80's with brass coloured banisters and a chandelier that seemed familiar from "the wonder years" episode. The pool, although clean had chairs lying around that were rusted and broken. I had serious doubts about the room after seeing all of this. That being said we were pleasantly surprised when the room was rather clean, well kept and modern. There are still some remnants of the 80's theme like a powder cream coloured was basin, but all in all it was not too bad. They had a flat screen tv, a safe, a microwave and a mini fridge (all in working condition). In addition the beds were comfy and the AC worked like a charm. The bed spreads where nice and the carpet clean. We stayed in room 201. The staff were very friendly and helpful, which made up for the rest of the unsightliness of the property. In addition the property is about 20mins away from grove city premium outlets.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
dipnijan, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sankosky,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are in the last throws of completing our renovations. We are happy that you liked our rooms and hope that you come again to see our final look.
Look forward to your next stay.
Nathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was affordable and seemed like a decent place online. When we got there, our room was terribly smelly. It smelled like it was a smoking room but was sprayed heavily with something to cover up the odor. Gave us an instant headache. We moved to another room, which wasn't as bad, but still not great. It just felt grimy and rather icky. We were due to stay there 6 nights, but instead we moved to the Holiday Inn Express which is just great.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms aren't stinky or in an area that may previously have been a smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Molly,
Thank you for taking the time to make a review, but we are sorry that you didn't like your stay.
Yes, we have renovated some smoking into nonsmoking, but seldom have any complaints since we change the flooring, painted the walls and have all new furniture and bedding.
We hope that you will try us again. We wish that you would have told us of your disatisfaction, because we could have done something for you.
Thanks,
Nathan
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

For the price of $75 it was very worth it. The customer service is great, they are friendly and accommodating. The hotel is very roomy and clean, they have a really good breakfast compared to other hotels similar to this. They have a coffee maker in the room and a flat screen tv. We ordered the rooms with 2 families and they were able to give us rooms side by side. It was overall a great experience and the people were friendly with a safe environment. It is worth the half hour drive to premium outlets mall.
-Sarah

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dipnijan, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind response and comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family and they are still undergoing some renovations, but what they do have done so far is very nice. The front desk staff was so nice and helpful with restaurant suggestions. It is hard to renovate a hotel that is next to a major highway and not have any issues, you can't expect the hotel to close down. I do have to say, that I will stay here again, the continental breakfast has lots of different items to choose from.

I can't wait to see the finished product when I make my next weekend visit to Hermitage, because I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and was happy with the breakfast. We look forward to seeing you here again.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall, comparing with my other red roof experience this is not the greatest. When I make the reservations, I asked in particular for a 1st floor room and when I check in at 7pm, I was told nothing is available. I am pretty upset as this hotel does not have elevator and carrying your luggage up to 2nd floor is a pain. You will see renovation supplies all over through out the hallway, sometime even a desk and chairs on the hallway, this can be dangerous for fire escape. Now back to the room, I would say the night table, mirrors, flat screen TV, TV table, and the bed frame is new. Carpet is green but you will see stain spots through out. The restroom needs major update as it has stains throughout and mold on the caulking. Other renovated redroof inn is far better. I guess this was a comfort inn before and this is what redroof re-branded to.

Room Tip: Please asked for a remodel first floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Markham,
thank you for your response. We are a work in progress. We are sorry that you didn't get first floor as requested. We try to honor all requests but sometimes circumstances prohibit us from fullfilling them such as inhouse guests staying another day. We tried to complete our renovations in our off season time but was delayed. When this is our high season for occupancy we can't get to some rooms. We are trying our best to finish and hope that you reconsider coming back and trying us again when we are finished.
trustmeeeee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Problems with room remained even though was there 5 days. Read other reviews that manager replied and asked them to give them a second chance. We had no phone and not one kitchen utensils for five days. Each day we were told it would be taken care, even by the manager. Never happened. The room was musty also. They would not honor there hassle free guarantee. Corporate won't help you either. Dead bugs in room also, has anybody had problems with bed bus there.

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
dipnijan, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hermitage, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Trust me,
I am a little confused because our only suite with kitchen has not been in service for a few months. It is stocked with utensils. We are renovating and have used that room for storage during renovations. I am sorry that you had a bad experience however, I think you have the wrong hotel.
sincerely,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Well I was about 6 hrs away from home with my son so just mother and son and we pulled up at about 9:30 at night to 6 cops at the front door....not too reassuring! I asked what was going on and told just a juvenile issue which I found out the next day was only kind of true.Anyway we checked in and as soon as we walked in I was horrified at the smell. We went up to the room which was old not renovated like we were told and dirty. I told my son we were getting out first thing in the morning!! Then to make matters worse I went out to the car to get our stuff I then used the back door bc our room was right there that's when I found out that the door didn't lock like it was supposed to the lock was broken off. Needless to say I locked all available door locks. When we finally laid down my son and I literally scratched ourselves to sleep for what felt like an hour. I felt so disgusting and dirty. We were supposed to stay another night but I immediately checked out in the morning and went over to the Hampton Inn which was twice the price and worth every penny I would have remortgaged my house in order to get out of there. Never again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Rooster,
Thank you for your response. We are sorry for any inconvinence that you experienced during your stay. We have remodeled and have put new furniture and bedding in all of the rooms. We have our hotel serviced by exterminators on a regular monthly basis and have had no complaints. We wish you had brought your concerns to us and we could have resolved any issues at that time.
We pride ourselves on our hotel and our service.
Nathan Patel

Been to Red Roof Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!