“Pleasently Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Henryville B&B and Inns
Woodbridge VA
“Pleasently Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

We were there for a ski trip at the local slope. We arrived at 9am and were able to check in! The room was clean and the water hot. The bed so comfortable I looked under the mattress cover to see who manufactured it. The coffee and muffins for breakfast were great. The staff/owner were awesome and very accomidating. It was very quiet and peaceful. I rocommend getting the ski package they offer it was a really good deal!! Overall we recommend this off the beat location. We plan on returning next year.
Support our troops.
Maddox Family from Woodbridge VA

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Business
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I booked this hotel on the internet and was a little skeptical knowing that pricing this low usually means you get what you paid for. But to my delight, i was very impressed with the quality of servce and overall cleaniness of the hotel. the rooms were freshly painted and the carpet was brand new. the bed, might i say, was the most addicting i have slept in for a long time. The atmosphere was tranquil, and after a long day on the slopes, the bathroom and the shower were nothing less then perfect.
after reading some of the older reviews, i have to say the new staff is a complete 180 from the former ones.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. Trust me, you will thank me for it.
Thank you Henryville Inn for a wonderful, relaxing weekend. see you again next season!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
dix hills, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

This was a great place to stay. No its not a hampton inn... but its clean, cute, cozy and the owners/people who worked there were so nice.
It was a perfect distance to camelback and restaurants.. yet set back in the country. LOVED IT.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

This place is great. Close to everything but far away at the same time. We are skiers so its very close to camel back and Tannersville. The new owners are great. They have made alot of changes since I was there in feb 2008 and are going to make more. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I would recomend this place to anyone who is stayng in that area and as long as this place exists I will always stay there when im skiing Camelback.

P.s. dont pay any attention to the previous bad reviews They New owners Pam and John are changing the place completly and will go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need.

The Petratis Family.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Nothing wouldnt change a thing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leinenkugel1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Very enjoyable stay! Staff was very friendly and courteous. Very helpful, as well. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quaint location located in close proximity to Camelback. Hope to stay again soon!

• Liked — The staff was very helpful.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

JASON
This inn was very hospitable and there are only great things to say. The location is right near tannersville which camelback is in. The owners are very nice and the inn is cheap. Dooes not make sense to be sleeping anywhere else!!

• Liked — The people were extremely accomidating
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

Honestly, when we first pulled up to this place, we kept driving past it and sat on the side of the road to decide if we really wanted to stay here or if we would try to find somewhere else. The place looked very rundown from the road, and it seemed a little creepy with the cemetery across the street. After a little discussion, we decided to go ahead and give it a chance. The reception area was pleasant. There was coffee and fruit and pastries for the guests, and it was decorated with pretty antiques. The lady at the front desk seemed very nice and helpful. When we got to our room, I was so disappointed. As soon as we opened the door we were overcome with a stale musty smell. The building we were in was really strange - almost like it was half of a double-wide trailer.. the ceiling was even slanted. The walls were super thin. I could almost make out some of the conversations from the rooms beside of ours. The sheets were white and clean, but the bedspread was very old. There was a nice white synthetic down comforter between the bedspread and the sheets, but the room was so hot we had to take it off. There is no way to control the heat in the room. We were there in January and I had the door wide open just to let in some cooler air. The shower was a little scummy, and the water temperature fluctuated from super hot to cold every 30 seconds or so. The ride to Camelback was about 10 minutes as mentioned on the website. I also saw where they allow dogs for an additional fee.

We booked this room as a ski package, and ended up getting a very good deal for 2 all day lift tickets and overnight accommodation. This place is satisfactory for someone on a tight budget. I wish I could say more positive things, but I am struggling to come up with anything. I almost always travel on a tight budget, so I might consider staying here again if it meant staying here or not coming at all.... but I would definitely look for another place before I came back here.

• Liked — Nice staff, close to ski slopes, good price
  • Disliked — Not being able to control the heat, fluctuating water temp, weird smell
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Henryville hotels

Been to The Henryville Inn? Share your experiences!