“Not As Advertised... Travelers Beware!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Henryville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Henryville
The Henryville Inn
You added The Henryville Inn to your Saves list
Box 1575 RR1, Henryville, PA 18332   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Henryville B&B and Inns
Western New York
“Not As Advertised... Travelers Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

My daughter and I booked a room over the internet prior to her checking in at a nearby summer camp. I figured based on the price that it would be nothing fancy (although the hotel website starts out claiming to be "Pocono Luxury"). The hotel website also claimed the inn had an outdoor pool -- the one single thing my daughter was really looking forward to!
As for me, I just want air conditioning and I'm happy.
Neither of us got what we wanted. Here's our story:
We arrived late at night and the inn keeper let us in -- she was very friendly and helpful and polite, so no problems there. However when we arrived at our room, it was very small, very old and more than a bit dingy. The bedding was rough and the bed a bit lumpy. There was no airconditioning and it was a very hot and humid night which made sleeping a bit hard.
The next day, we realized the outdoor pool was nothing but a cement hole in the ground. When we asked the lady at the inn about this, she claimed the web master would not take down the erroneous information from the website and she apologized for it being misleading.
Either way, we checked out and found another nearby hotel with air and a pool for our last night in town.
I wouldn't stay at Henryville Inn again unless some updates and repairs are made. It was not a pleasant experience.

• Liked — overall location
  • Disliked — overall condition (bad) of rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
KATY2597, Assistant of Owner at The Henryville Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2008
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and disappointment. With the
recent purchase of Hotel we have not yet been able to complete the intended
updates. Air Condition installation should be completed by the first week in
August. Many other room upgrades will take place this Fall and continue through
Spring 2009. Concerning the henryvilleinn website, we are working on acquiring
the information needed to access the system and make updates to the site but
unfortunately have not had any success in retrieving this data. Please feel
free to use the henryvilleinn website for booking your stay as the pricing is
correct and reservation system is operating as expected. Yes unfortunately, you
are correct - some of the general information is out of date and we are working
to get this updated. While we are working on this issue please contact the hotel
directly at 570-620-2150 with your questions or concerns. In addition, this
week, we have brought on two great new staff members to assist with your needs.
We again apologize and hope your will consider staying with us in the future as
we have great plans for our Inn. Thank you for your taking your time to give us
feedback.

Solo
Business
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Henry ville inn of Pennsylvania is the most uncomfortable establishment there is. The bathrooms are as dirty as the service we received from the only two staff members on board who own the Inn. Ms. Mina was extremely disrespectful and unfriendly to my husband and I. She changed our rooms at the last minute pretending there was an issue with the door while I overheard another couple inside my room that I booked two nights earlier. The room was not up to standards along with the warm Refrigerator and the 3 local channels provided by the less that 24 inch television set that was advertised on the website. According to the website, we should have received a $25 coupon for the outlets, free local phone calls and Concierge services...none of that is provided, we weren't even given a phone. She claimed the website provider would not take down all those ads. I was so dissappointed. I hope no one ever makes the mistake and steps into that horror of a place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

For the price of the inn I wasn't expecting much. We went for a 4 day, 3 night ski weekend so we knew we would not be spending much time at the inn. We had checked out other reviews on trip advisor and they were good, so we were excited!

However, when we arrived we found out there are new owners now and the Inn has been open only for 2 weeks. Therefore, when we checked in I overlooked the yellowing shower curtain, the fluorescent lighting, the cold temperature, and the horrible decor. I also overlooked the fact that when we requested our garbage to be emptied on day #2 the owner rolled his eyes at us. In addition, they did not make the bed during our visit or give us new, clean towels (and there was only one bar to hang our used ones).

What topped it all is that their water pump is broken!! After a cold day skiing I was excited to take a shower, despite the scuzzy bathtub. I hopped in turned on the shower, shampooed up my hair, and all of the sudden the water shut off for 5 minutes!! It finally came back on for a minute to shut off again. We complained and at first the owners denied there was a problem. Then on Saturday finally admitted there was a problem, a plumber was coming and it would be fixed. Sunday morning--again, no water!! The owners just made excuses and we finally forced an apology out of them upon check out.

It was not a good experience and both owners really need to learn a lot about customer service and running an inn.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lansdale, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

We stayed one night just to enjoy the first snowfall of the season in the mountains. The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. The sheets were clean and fresh and the bedspread new. The furniture was comfortable, though a bit worn - but nothing we couldn't live with. There were 2 power strips for charging GPS and phones, and a refrigerator. Black Bear Lodge across the street serves great dinner and cocktails within easy walking distance. A great getaway for a night or more while you enjoy the mountains.

Stayed December 2007
big fish
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

we had a good visit i was a camper at a near by camp in the 50'sand 60's
it was a very quiet clean and comfortable room
the INN is close to a few good restaurants and has lots of good shopping in the area
we had a very peaceful stay

happy in the pocono's

Stayed September 2007
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

It was a hot June day when I stayed at Henryville Inn. When I got to the room I found out that the room doesn’t have air conditioning, not even a built in AC or central air. The vents were there for the central air but when I called the front desk to complain about not having AC in my room I was told that since new owners acquired the property they don’t run the AC. I asked for a refund and was told to call orbitz.com because I had made reservation through them. When I called orbitz.com they refused to give a refund saying that I had already checked in. How else can I know if the hotel doesn’t have AC unless I check in and visit the room? The room didn’t have any extra outlet to plug cell phone chargers or anything else. All the outlet was occupied by the lamps and tv, etc..Another thing I didn’t like is the fact that the hotel is right across a cemetery and the address for the hotel is a PO BOX address which I couldn’t enter in the navigation system. I did like the fact that the hotel was somewhat on the mountain, it was very quiet. I wouldn’t stay here again due to the fact that they don’t have AC and they are located across from the cemetery.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — No AC
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HenryvilleInn, Manager at The Henryville Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2007
In response to this review, We would like it to be noted that our property is not directly across from a cemetary. It is adjacent to it and the size of the cemetary is very small. As for our address it is not a P.O. Box. We have a rural route with a mailbox number which is on property. As for the air conditioning, at the time of the stay the unit wasn't working properly so we did not advertise it.

Been to The Henryville Inn? Share your experiences!