“WHERE'S THE POLENTA?” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
usa
“WHERE'S THE POLENTA?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited Bellas Restaurant which is actually three buildings along Main Street in Hellertown. The one we entered actually is a small gelataria and pastry shop. The wait staff was extremely friendly.It's a BYOB. My partner ordered the pumpkin ravioli with a walnut creme sauce which she raved about.
and I ordered the veal osso buco with a marsala and mushroom sauce which was an excellent value for 22 dollars. But the side dish was pasta with red sauce which just didn't go with the meal. It's a shame they didn't offer polenta or risotto which usually accompany a great dish with a brown sauce. I must mention that the complimentary garlic knots were the best I had in a long time.
My partner thought that the pumpkin gelato was delicious!! We'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best we've had in over a year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Since moving south from upstate New York we haven't found a good Italian restaurant. Up there you can find a small family owned Italian restaurant on what seems like every corner. While traveling back north to visit family we stopped in Hellertown for the night and went to Bella's with no idea what it would be like. The food was wonderful. My wife had one of the night's specials, an eggplant dish (I don't remember the name) and I tasted it. We agreed that it was some of the best we've had anywhere. My stomach was upset so I only had pasta, but the sauce was delicious.

Apparently they don't have a liquor license, but if you ask you can get a complimentary glass of wine with your meal.

Plus, if you stay at the Holiday Inn Express up the street you get 10% off your bill!

All in all highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Hold the garlic!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Bella's had some good points ,,,,, BYOB, some apps were nice. But there were also some big misses. The portion sizes were outrageous and all had TOO much garlic! I had chicken with pasta and the chicken was dry and hard to chew, very over done. After the garlic bread came out drowning in garlic I asked that they hold the garlic in my dish and it still came out very garlicky. We go to a lot of restaurants and sometimes an Italian restaurant thinks it needs to in your face with portion size and flavors this is Bella's problem. This is not the first time we have been there and both times we had the same experience. We will not be back. There is a much better Italian choice not that far away in downtown Bethlehem called Molinari's.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Superb dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had dinner at Bella's for the second time last night and it was, once again, an excellent meal! The ingredients were wonderfully fresh and the entrees delicious. Every single one of us went home extremely satisfied with our dining experience and with a generous portion of leftovers. Our service was very good and we had a brief chat with the chef/owner Vince when he came over to ask how our food was. Dinner for 5 adults with one appetizer came to $100 and everyone took home food. Very reasonable, especially given the quality of the food and the very pleasant ambiance of Bella's. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food @ a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Bella's is a great restaurant fo so many reasons; of course 1st and foremost is the food - great Italian food at reasonable prices. The portions are very generous (we always have left overs to take home). The owner of the restaurant always comes out of the kitchen to see how everyone is doing, how the food is, etc. In short when in Hellertown check out Bella's, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012