“Worst Place We've Ever Stayed At in 15+ Years!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Hill Inn

Forest Hill Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hazleton
Forest Hill Inn
You added Forest Hill Inn to your Saves list
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Route 93, Hazleton, PA 18202   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Hazleton
Bridgewater, Canada
“Worst Place We've Ever Stayed At in 15+ Years!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was absolutely the filthiest place we've ever stayed at in over 15 years of travelling throughtout US. Kids manning the front desk shoul've been our first clue. Shower curtain barely hanging on the rod (not that we even considered taking a shower!). Stains (blood??) on the floor. Someone else's food still in the fridge !!! TV didnt work; coffee supplies but no pot!! Sheets were thin as tissue paper. My husband wouldn't close his eyes to sleep. We finally got up at 3 am and left.

Avoid this place at all costs !!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel !!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Waterville, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Spent one nite there & it was one nite too many. Everything was filthy, the shower didn't work, no hot water, what few pieces of material they had were rags not towels, everything was broken, and if even there had been anything in the room to drink from would not have dared use it! Can't believe the state of Pennsylvania allows them to charge people to stay there! HORRIBLE!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was by far the most awful hotel we have ever stayed in. We were just traveling for a short road trip and thought we'd try to save some money by staying in a cheaper hotel that night. This hotel was about half the price of the comfort inn across the road, and it's obvious to me why.

As soon as we walked into the room I took off my shoes and immediately had to put them back on, the floor was damp and gritty. We had two very tired kids with us and we didn't want to have to leave, so we were just going to suck it up and stay. UNTIL, my kids said they had bugs on them. I didn't even believe it until I looked down and saw more fleas on us than I have ever seen in my life. There were literally hundreds on each of us, it was absolutely disgusting!

My husband went back to the front desk to get our money back and get out of there. The woman at the front actually tried to tell him that there were no fleas in that room and tried to get us to move to another room. I can't imagine that they weren't all over the hotel. I have never seen an infestation that bad before. We put the clothes that we wore into the room into a garbage bag and you could see them jumping all over in there.

I guess it's true you get what you pay for. But for 70/night, I didn't expect to get fleas! Trust me take your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

If you're looking for luxury better skip this one. But when I was there it wasn't dirty, as some reviewers wrote. The location is great, I found it very convenient on a long trip over the highways (close to two of them) and the view from the gallery was rather good I thought, see the picture.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We arrived at the hotel at 4pm. There were no other guests at that time. The gentleman who checked us in took my cash ($61.05 including tax). No registration process took place - just the exchange of key and cash.
After unpacking the car my wife started to check the place out a little more carefully. The only way to describe our experience is "filth and old age".

The carpets, curtains, toilet, tub and sink. The TV stand, lamps, window - everything about the room was disgusting.

OK, this all being said, the location is great, but there are many other hotels within spitting distance. The Comfort Inn across the street will be my choice next time.

And one more thing in closing - there was no one in the office to complain to in the morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Worst place to stay, really good place if you want a good dose of Bed Bugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave

From Houston Tx. !!

Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed here because it was right by the highway, was within our budget and offered complimentary continental breakfast. Thankfully we were only there for 12 hours. The toilet was initially plugged, the bathroom fixtures were stained and had there was hair in the tub, the carpet was dirty, the top of the heater and furniture looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages, there was no remote control for the TV and the room had a musty smell. Being tired and knowing that we were only there for a short while we decided to stay despite the noted problems. When I got up in the morning I noted the sheets had permanent stains and one of the the bedspreads had a large hole in it. The front-desk clerk, a rather unkempt fellow, seemed not too interested when we checked out and I told him we found the room less than satisfactory. Continental breakfast by the way was coffee and donuts that looked like they were stale.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Forest Hill Inn? Share your experiences!