“Clean, Friendly, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   118 State Route 93, Interstate 81 & Route 93, Hazleton, PA 18201   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hazleton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Md
“Clean, Friendly, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here with my family. We went to knoebles for the day and headed to Cooperstown the next. About 40 min from knoebles, but the closest Marriott. Check in was easy. The room was clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast was standard fare but complimentary so no surprise. There is a Damon's restaurant right in front of the hotel so very convenient. Place looked new or recently remodeled. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portsmouth, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall a great place to stay. Breakfast was good not great but good. The room was clean but slightly dated. Our only real complaint was the lack of towels. The room had 3 towels but there were 4 of us. In the morning, I asked the front desk, and the maids on each of the floors and no one had towels. I am not talking extra towels, no towels at all. The fresh laundry would not be done until 10:30. One maid even said, all I do is track down towels day after day. Finally, 1 maid went into a room that had not be used and took the towels out for me. For everyone's sake, BUY SOME TOWELS! It would be nice if they were larger than the current ones since it barely wrapped around my 10 year old. Also as a FYI, don't try to make a left out of the drive way, the red light did not seem to be working. We sat there several minutes even got out and hit the crosswalk button and it never turned green.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Hazleton was a logical halfway point during a long drive, and we were happy with this hotel for our overnight. The facility is clean and in good repair. The pool and hot tub are welcome amenities. The room was attractive and reasonably comfortable. And the rates are reasonable, especially when you factor in the complimentary breakfast.

One general quibble for Fairfield hotels: I hate that cable system with the channel numbers with decimal points. It makes it impossible to enter in a specific channel, so you have to scroll slowly through the entire roster. It's kind of a nuisance.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I reviewed this hotel previously but had a return visit and it has not changed. A great staff that is very helpfull rooms clean nice indoor pool great location Grew up and lived in Hazleton so do visit the area about once a year and always stay at this location making rservations in advance because it does fill up

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend for a friend's wedding and I found it to be a great stay. Payed ~$130/night for a King. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The rooms and bathroom are a bit dated and the towels seemed old/rough. Other than that I had a great time there. I didn't have too many interactions with the staff, but they seemed friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here Friday night on Memorial Day weekend, on our way to the East Coast (from Michigan). I chose this hotel because of others' good reviews and have to say, "They were right!". It is a very nice place to stay. The room was very clean and fresh, the staff was always friendly and the free breakfast buffet was also really good. Another plus: you don't have to put in a password to access the internet.
But, here's my favorite thing: I left my iphone5 phone charger in the lamp outlet on the nightstand. It was difficult to keep my phone charged for the rest of the weekend. Everyone told me to just forget it, it was gone forever and I would have to go buy a new one. On Monday as we were driving home, we were close again to Hazelton and I decided on a whim to call and see if housekeeping had found it in our room. The front desk connected me to Leslie, who said "yes, she had it in the lost and found" and would send it to the desk! That made me happy and I don't know that it would've happened that way at most other hotels. If you need to make a choice of a hotel in this area of PA, choose the Fairfield!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here ~2 1/2 years ago and remembered a great experience. This was the next time Hazleton, PA was a logical stop for us.

We didn't make reservations, not knowing how far we would drive that day, and assuming it was a slow time of year. Bad guess on my part. The hotel had rooms, but was nearly full, and only higher ticket rooms were available. We ended up with a suite rather than cast around for a lower price at other hotels. Good choice.

The property is immaculate, The hallway walls and carpets looked like they had just been renovated. Maybe they weren't, but they were first class on the 3rd floor. The desk clerk, Bobby, was most helpful. Thanks.

The suite was superb. It may raise the bar for us on future travel. Our suite was on the top floor, at the end of the hall. The temperatures were just right so we didn't use the heat or A/C. The room was about silent. The bed was extremely comfortable. We had been on a 3 week trip, and this was the most comfortable, quietest room we had. I really needed a good night's sleep and got it. We are at home tonight, and I hope the bed doesn't disappoint!

Breakfast was included and excellent. We will definitely keep this property at the top of our list for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_Hazleton, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your writing a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and your positive feedback of our property is truly appreciated. I will be certain to pass your sentiments along to our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton? Share your experiences!