“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here as part of a business trip and I absolutely loved this hotel. It looked like it was brand new top to bottom. Clean and shiny. My room was beautiful, roomy and comfortable. A complimentary pot of coffee at my door every morning, excellent free breakfast and light food in the evening. Outside firepit, pool...
All staff was great, very friendly. I would absolutely stay here again, they deserve many compliments for such a nice place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Residence_Hazleton, General Manager at Residence Inn Hazleton, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and take pride in knowing we've reached our goal of excellent service with stays such as yours. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel property is fantastic and impressive. However, much more impressive than the property was the staff. They made me feel so comfortable and welcome and it made being away from home a complete pleasure. Toni and Cassie at the front desk were especially welcoming and unbelievably professional at the same time. I just can't enough good things about the staff!

I am a frequent traveler and I most definitely stay at this property the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience. We are glad your stay was enjoyable. Your positive feedback it truly appreciated and will be shared with all of our team members. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Robinson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have traveled extensively over the years and always stay at a Marriott property. The Residence Inn in Hazleton, PA is absolutely one of my favorites. The entire team are by far one of the best as they genuinely care about making sure my stay is pleasant. The entire facility is extremely clean, the rooms are spacious, the beds are superb and the cleaning staff does a great job during each stay. I particularly LOVE the fireplace in my room! On my last two trips I was greeted with a welcome basket in my room which was delightful after a long day of traveling. There are fast food restaurants in the immediate area however I choose to drive an extra mile or so and eat fabulous home cooked meals prepared by the locals. Thanks again Carla, Toni and the entire staff!!!! You folks are awesome!! Debbie I.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Residence_Hazleton, General Manager at Residence Inn Hazleton, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Debbie,
Thank you for your recent review about our property. We take pride in being able to provide the outstanding customer serivce that you mentioned. We will be certain to pass on your sentiments to our entire staff. We look forward to your return.
North Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for just one night while driving through the area. I travel for business and try to frequent Marriott (love their points system!). I chose this Residence Inn as it was close off I-80. I found this hotel to be very clean! No complaints whatsoever, everything was exactly as I expect from Mariott! The front desk was very pleasant and the room itself was quiet and spacious. (I stayed on the 3rd floor) There was even ice in the freezer of the fridge. The one downside is that there really is nothing nearby in the way of food. There is a Sonic Burger and a gas station and that's about it. However that is not a reflection on Marriott. Would stay at this hotel again if I am driving through here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Residence_Hazleton, General Manager at Residence Inn Hazleton, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your stay. I will be sure to pass them along to our Staff. Please, keep in mind, we have an extensive list of local restaraunts that do deliver to our property. If you're travelling through our area in the future, we would love to have you back to try some of our local favorites.
Ossipee, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We travel extensively and stay exclusively at Marriott. Consequently, we accrue free rooms via Marriott's rewards program. While traveling south, we stayed at this RI on points. When we awoke in the morning, we noticed we were the only room that did not receive a complimentary newspaper. My husband inquired and was told that newspapers were for "paying" guests only. We spend a tidy sum of money per year at the Marriott chain, so dear hotel manager, we are paying guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and survey. We appreciate your feedback and will keep your comments in mind to improve the Guest Experience. Complimentary newspapers are readily available to all of our Guests in our 24 hour Market located in the lobby area.
Drums, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Residence Inn for a weekend getaway to celebrate our engagement. Customer Service when making the reservation was very helpful, prompt and friendly. I had explained we were going to celebrate our recent engagement. Access to the hotel was very easy, extremely close to an exit off I-81, yet tucked back enough from the highway to give a great sense of privacy and security with virtually no noise from nearby traffic. Upon arrival, we were greeted very pleasantly and check in was prompt. The condition of the hotel and its accomodations were spectacular. The common areas were exceptionally clean with amenities galore from the pool and jacuzzi to the breakfast area and outside seating with a grill and firepit lit nightly for casual enjoyment. The room was amazing with full appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave etc.) that were all stainless steel and spotless accentuating the beautiful decor of burgundy colored walls, granite countertops and fireplace.

We were even treated to a gift basket with a very pleasant HAND WRITTEN note congratulating us on our engagement from the Team Residence Inn - Hazleton Staff.

The staff during our stay was always friendly and prompt, presently greeting us throughout the hotel with "Good Morning's", "Welcome", "Are you enjoying your stay?" from all levels of employees (management, maintenance, house keeping, etc.).

The daily breakfast provided with our stay had plenty of choices both hot and cold with plenty of hours of service making the lack of an onsite restaurant a non-issue. For other snacks and drinks, there is a Turkey Hill accross the parking lot and for a quick snack, Sonic and Burger King are also exceptionally close, so much so that we did not have to leave the general area to get there.

This level of service and accomodations I have come to expect from hotels with 5 star rating in major metropolitan areas. Finding this gem in this part of Northeastern PA and at a price which was significantly less than the value received was terrific. We will without doubt be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Hazleton, General Manager at Residence Inn Hazleton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for letting other Trip Advisor users know of the excellent experience you had during your stay this past month. We take pride in being able to priovide the services you mentioned as well as others that perhaps you did not have the oppurtunity to enjoy such as our evening reception. We will be sure to pass your sentiments along to everyone on our Staff. We look forward to your return.
Hudson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am originally from the area, and make it a point to come back every summer with family for our annual trip to Knoebels Amusement Park. Room was great, bed comfortable, pool area clean and bright. The only knock is the pool towels, they are more like hand towels, but not a big deal. Usually we stay at the Fairfield Inn, but this time the Residence Inn was a bit cheaper and totally worth it. This will be our go to hotel from now on. They are starting to build up around it, with a newer Sonic, Buger King and Turkey Hill, so it's not as isolated as when it first opened. I would highly recommend to anyone coming to the greater Hazleton area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience. We are glad your stay was enjoyable, your feedback it truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Residence Inn Hazleton? Share your experiences!