“The food was good, service, not so much...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Greeley, Pennsylvania
“The food was good, service, not so much...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visited the boat house, just my self, for a quick dinner. I sat out side, and waited, and waited for someone to come by. While I was waiting I made up my mind, when she arrived, I gave her my whole order. The food was hot, delicious and quick. I saw my server 15 minutes after I finished my dinner. So much for a quick in and out. My table neighbors did happen to be having a comical conversation that kept me entertained during my wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“YUCK!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We started off our meal with "a" complimentary slice of STALE banana bread & "a" roll, each.
Our server never refilled our water, or asked if we wanted another drink.

I had the pork mignon.
It was smothered with a salty cheese sauce.
My hubby had the ribs.

The food was just okay.
Neither of us, particularly, enjoyed our meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“great service better than ehrhardts by miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I eat here at least once a week they have a wonderful very clean building, a wonderful menu of items that change with holidays and seasons and special limited time fare made by the chefs who are excellent and passionate about their cooking and restaurant. everyone is very friendly with hospitality rarely seen these days.
I have tried other local places in Hawley and found them lacking imagination and the spark to do better if even a little than the previous day,i have never had a bad meal here and if I did have a complaint I know they would do their utmost to make it right ,which I like because it so rare these days to see this kind of service .you have to experience it for yourself,great bar with live music also loads of large flatscreen tvs for games wonderful outside covered and screened in decks for drinks no drunk mosquitos here. other places in Hawley don't even compare at this price point which is very reasonable. I give the boathouse 2 thumbs way up!!!!!
beautiful view of lake wallenpaupak,boat slips to park in if boating very convienent and fun and romantic to stroll on at night.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After traveling for over 5 hours it was nice to find a really good local restaurant with very good food and the service was outstanding.

Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Add this place to your list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Traveled out to Woodloch Pines in Hawley Pa. with friends recently. We always wanted to try the Boathouse for dinner and that was our pick for Friday evening. Patio and bar side offer a view of the lake and the rest is countryside comfy. Recognized "Benny" behind the bar from our past visits to Woodloch and knew we were in for good experience! Super friendly staff and our server took the time to chat with us. Cold beers,nachos and chili to start...Coulda stopped there but the entrees were on our minds! All 4 meals were terrific,from my burger right on up to the shrimp dishes. Reasonable Prices, Great chow, left full and happy! Even had enough to take back for lunch!! Make it a point to check it out! Place packs em in in summer for sure!

• Visited May 2013