“well rounded B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“well rounded B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

My wife and I went to The Settlers Inn recently and I must say, I have never experienced such fabulous hospitality any place else. Our waitress was jo, she was a very nice, well versed professional, we are very picky eaters and our food was prepared better than we ever could have imagined. We were staying at the settlers for our 5th anniversary, what a very very special place. Not only is the food excellent but the staff wants to take care of your every need, the chef even came out to speak with us about the food he prepares and all of the influences in his menu. Great Place!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

Settlers Inn is nice enough, but is neither luxorious nor romantic.

During our one night stay in July, the guests were primarily families with children and older couples.

Dinner was far more casual that I expected -- some guests wore shorts and t-shirts. The food at both dinner and breakfast was very good.

Hotel staff was friendly and welcoming, but wait staff in the dining room was a bit inept.

We had a two room suite: one room had a double bed, and the other had two twin beds, but the rooms connected through the bathroom. This arrangement was a bit uncomfortable because it was impossible to go from room to room while the bathroom was occupied. The rooms were fine but not outstanding. I found the bed uncomfortable and I could easily hear sounds through the walls.

As another reviewer states, there's not much to do in the immediate area. Honesdale and Lake Wallenpaupack are each about a 15 - 20 minute drive away.

If you are in the area and need a place to stay, Settlers Inn is a fine choice, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make it a destination in its own right.

• Stayed July 2005
Camp Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2004

This inn has a wonderful Arts and Crafts charm. My husband and I spent his birthday weekend at the inn a few years ago and we are going back twice this year. It is a tastefully decorated, cozy small hotel with a large, crackling fireplace and a lodge-like feel. The restaurant is very unique and adds to the experience with its PA farm-based menu.
This Inn is in a small town, but for us, it was fun just to explore the town and especially its abundance of antique shops. The lake is also nearby along with tons of hiking possibilities. I highly reccomend this treasure as a weekend getaway!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2003

The inn is well kept and the staff is friendly but there is not much to do in this small town. Everything is about 20 to 30 minutes away. This became a problem at dinner time. We got tired of eating at the inn and there are only a few other places in town. The dinner cost about $20 per plate and the food is decent but I had a horrible experience at lunch. Both my husband and my food was way too salty. Breakfast was wonderful though.I stayed in room 302 and my friends in 216. Room 216 was a lot smaller than 302 although we paid the same price, $135 for each room. Room 216 faces the main street and 302 faces the garden. I had trouble sleeping there the first night because of the humming sound of the exhaust fan.Overall it was a very charming place to stay but it is a little too far away from everything else for me so I will probably not go back there again.

Been to Settlers Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Settlers Inn

Address: 4 Main Ave., Hawley, PA 18428
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Hawley
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Hawley
Hotel Class:3 star — Settlers Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Settlers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Settlers Hotel Hawley

If you own or manage Settlers Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.