“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Woodloch

and 1 more site!
You added The Lodge at Woodloch to your Saves list
The Lodge at Woodloch
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   109 River Birch Lane, Route 590 East, RR1, Hawley, PA 18428   |
Special Offer
Midweek Magic
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hawley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Everything about this property is superb. The rooms, the meals, the amazing pool, the even more amazing outdoor hot tub. the terrific spa treatments. You'll never find a more relaxing, beautiful and hospitable getaway. And the staff are every bit as wonderful as the facility. We vacation here twice a year. It's expensive but it's worth every penny and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Roz W-

What wonderful comments, thank you so much! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoy your repeat stays. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Two people I know very well reported to me about their Lodge at Woodlock Springs Spa appts.

First, my friend went to have a pre natal massage for lower back tightness, she was not impressed. She has been to many massage therapists and this was her 3rd pregnancy, she was not a novice with the experience. She was 7 months pregnant at the time and not high risk. She told me the massage therapist told her a lot of what would not be done. She thought the practitioner seemed unsure and tentative. My friend came away feeling let down by the expensive treatment, and that the therapist did not have much experience or appropriate training with pre natal massage. Prenatal massage should only be offered by trained and qualified personnel.

Ok, then, another friend of mine who has been to high end spas all over the world was looking forward to a hot stone treatment after a long flight. This time the practitioner poured oil on her body directly from a bottle and wrapped stones in a towel before they we put in place. Stones are not to be wrapped in this process, evidently the massage person did not want to clean the stones between patrons. Toward the end of the massage, one of the stones was so hot, she had to ask that it be removed. She also said that the essential oils used in the treatment were not of the best quality. (she owns an essential oil business in another country). She was shocked the massage cost 200.00 for such mediocre service.

Oy, both of my friends said the facilities of the Lodge Spa are very fine, however, the staff who worked on them were lacking in skill. I smelled off putting synthetic fragrance wafting around in the waiting area. And a receptionist made a sour face when an attendant asked if there was someone available to give us a tour. All in all I was embarrassed, as I had recommended the place. All of us expected impeccable service, and it was not given. This might sound like nit picking to some....this spa should realize that many of their customers are discerning, experienced and willing to pay for quality. This spa needs rigorous training programs in place for employees. After all, bricks and mortar can only go so far, in the end, human beings make or break the Spa experience for discriminating customers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
lavendernj-

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your friends' recent experiences here at The Lodge at Woodloch. We are saddened to hear that their treatments were not up to standard. The practices you described are certainly not our normal practice. Please be assured that our therapists are highly trained and certainly qualified to perform any and all of the spa treatments we offer. In the future, please don't hesitate to let us know if something is not to your liking while you are here- we would love to be able to address the problem immediately. If you or your friends would like to speak further on this matter, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-953-8500 and ask to speak with our Spa Director Nancy Deaton. We do thank you for your comments, and hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.
Brick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The accommodations, the meals, the spa, the activities, you name it. It is all First class, five star.
Whether sitting in the outdoor hot tub in the snow or in the whisper room or by the fireplace. The spa treatments and the classes were great. Overall everything was just wonderful.
We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: all are great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
bruce-rhonda-

Thank you so very much for your positive comments! Here at The Lodge our staff always strives to provide a memorable and relaxing getaway for each of our guests. We are delighted you had such a fabulous time. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a very nice spa resort. We liked the healthy meals prepared for us. Each meal was the right size and tasted great. The snacks were delicious. We attended two cooking demonstrations by two of the chefs. These were very informative and table set-up for trying the prepared items was nice. You need to get there early to get a seat at the bar for better viewing. The room was very nice, spacious, and comfortable. My wife attended exercise classes and went to the spa while I used the gym equipment. All gym equipment within the facility was well maintained, lots of equipment to use, never had to wait. There were several spacious sitting rooms with a fireplace and television if you wanted a place inside to sit and relax other than your room. We did not use the pond because it was already frozen over on the surface. If the opportunity is still available to go to their sister resort down the street for a variety show, do it. The talent will surprise you. The only negative comment I can make is that after making the reservation, I had to continually provide my parent’s name and email address (at least four times). This seemed a little strange and excessive to be asked the same question over and over again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RobertKruszka-

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are thrilled to hear you and your wife had such a wonderful time here at The Lodge. The winter season certainly is a beautiful time to visit! We hope to see you again soon!
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am torn in writing this review as the Lodge and grounds are beautiful but many aspects of our trip did not meet our expectations. The perks are as follows: amazing grounds to explore, very friendly and accommodating staff for outdoor sports (kayaking, fishing, biking), informative and fun cooking classes, 5 star fitness facility, many classes to choose from. Disappointments as follows: Check in process not very inviting, bathroom in room was not clean, alcohol was ridiculously overpriced, dining experience was good, but meals very small and service was average at best, unfriendly room service, wine class was overpriced and rushed. Overall, it's a great place to relax but BYOB and ask for extra servings in the dining room ( no charge) if you have a hungry and disappointed husband or partner not used to light organic fare! I expected a 5 star experience for the price, but it was a 4 star at best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CMO2013-

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts regarding your recent stay here at The Lodge. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful grounds, as well as our multiple outdoor activities and fitness classes! We are however sadden to hear you were disappointed in a few areas of your stay. We have addressed the appropriate staff members and made them aware of your comments. We thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I spent a number of nights at The Lodge at Woodloch and have been planning our return since. Like others who've posted here, we're spa people - We seek them out and have sampled many…Canyon Ranch (Tucson and the Berks), Miraval, etc. and were so very happy to find that TLaW really sets the bar high for others to try and match. This was bar far the most relaxing spa we've been to. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for long walks through the snow covered landscape (Winter is quite excellent there), the outdoor jacuzzi perched above and looking out into the wilderness, became a second home for us. The staff are wonderful, the food delicious (and while getting healthy, it's REALLY nice to have a cocktail with dinner). The treatments were divine and the whisper lounge has got to be experienced. The rooms are very nice, but one doesn't really spend much time there - the public spaces are so inviting. We made friends, had chats by the fire outdoors…wonderful.

The only area it falls behind the larger spas above are class offerings and a wide variety of fitness / nutrition, etc. education. The smaller facilities are a little more limited. I very much missed indoor tennis available in the Berkshires. The classes we took were fine, but not on the same par as CR or Miraval, but honestly, this is a different experience. TLaW is our new go-to spa close to NYC. Can't wait to get back, but all I ask - please build some indoor tennis courts.

Room Tip: If you can - try and get a room facing the rear of the property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Orbital1-

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding your recent stay! We are thrilled you enjoyed the beautiful winter ambiance and all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lambertville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently returned from a five-night stay at the Lodge and cannot say enough about the experience. Since it was my first ever solo vacation and first time at a spa, I was a little unsure about what to expect. The minute I walked through the front door my hesitations were gone. The grounds are breathtaking and peaceful, the rooms are immaculate and perfectly quiet (super conducive for sleeping in or taking an afternoon nap), and the service is impeccable. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the art classes - mandala drawing and creating a mini terrarium were great in helping me reconnect with my creative side. I also spent a lot of time in the beautiful pool and hot tubs. Finally, I took the Unbridled Bliss program and had a fantastic time working with Cherokee and Maggie the horses. What special memories to take home with me!

The food was delicious and tempted me to try some new things. As a solo traveler, I do wish there had been an opportunity to dine with others. I would have appreciated the option of an open table to get to know other travelers.

All in all, the Lodge was just what I needed to escape the stress of home and professional life. Thank you for a wonderful experience! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
MichiganTraveler821-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay here at The Lodge! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and inspiring classes. In regards to dining, we are always happy to group our solo travelers together- just make mention at the hostess stand and we are glad to arrange it! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again!

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!