“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hawley
Lambertville, Michigan
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently returned from a five-night stay at the Lodge and cannot say enough about the experience. Since it was my first ever solo vacation and first time at a spa, I was a little unsure about what to expect. The minute I walked through the front door my hesitations were gone. The grounds are breathtaking and peaceful, the rooms are immaculate and perfectly quiet (super conducive for sleeping in or taking an afternoon nap), and the service is impeccable. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the art classes - mandala drawing and creating a mini terrarium were great in helping me reconnect with my creative side. I also spent a lot of time in the beautiful pool and hot tubs. Finally, I took the Unbridled Bliss program and had a fantastic time working with Cherokee and Maggie the horses. What special memories to take home with me!

The food was delicious and tempted me to try some new things. As a solo traveler, I do wish there had been an opportunity to dine with others. I would have appreciated the option of an open table to get to know other travelers.

All in all, the Lodge was just what I needed to escape the stress of home and professional life. Thank you for a wonderful experience! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
MichiganTraveler821-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay here at The Lodge! It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed our beautiful grounds and inspiring classes. In regards to dining, we are always happy to group our solo travelers together- just make mention at the hostess stand and we are glad to arrange it! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our first experience at this property. Having stayed at many other spas including Canyon Ranch, we were more than pleasantly surprised at the beautiful and relaxing lodge and accommodations, as well as the warm and welcoming staff who are there to attend to one's every needs.

We went there for a mother/daughter experience and it was truly terrific. The classes were fun with excellent instructors and lots of varied offerings. The rooms are lovely - very spacious and great appointments throughout both the individual rooms and the common areas which have lots of different relaxation rooms. A great pool - we took daily aqua classes and a wonderful waterfall hot tub. Spa services overall were very good and a very solicitous staff and manager again were welcome additions to the stay.

The only thing I would tell another traveler is that the food is good and too plentiful - meals feel more like a full service hotel than a spa type dining so this is something one would want to consider. And, there is wine service which attracts many couples of every age to this hotel, which also contributed to a very nice and lively vibe. Overall, we liked the food, but sometimes found it erratic - but certainly nothing to complain about. A very nice touch is that they have music every evening, and that really makes dinner time special.

In fact, we have nothing to complain about - only to applaud the top notch management of a place that gets it right! How nice to be able to complement a great staff- from the top- down- and the owners who have invested in such positive ways to providing guests a great experience.

If you are thinking of going, do so and have a wonderful time!

Room Tip: second floor rooms are the easiest to navigate around without needing to use stairs
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
musicmavenNyc-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are so pleased that you found your stay your stay with your daughter to be so warm and welcoming. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Lodge at Woodloch staff "do it right" right from the get go. The minute you drive up the way, they call ahead and have someone ready to greet you and take all of your belongings to your room and valet your car. The check in staff is very courteous. The accommodations are top notch and they pay attention to every detail of your stay. The staff in the Spa, Restaurant and Gym are all friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable about the facility. There are many ways to relax here and lots of choices for classes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
KrisRutherford-

Thank you for your lovely comments! We are so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable and relaxing time. We look forward to welcoming you back!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I do not recall ever being so relaxed on a vacation! The entire experience is seamless from the moment you leave your car . The staff is pleasant, friendly, helpful and experienced. The treatments are top notch. The exercise intructors were professional and knowledgeable, as they guided all different levels of participants through the workouts. The food is elegantly served and presented, nutritious and delicious. There are multiple options so that carnivores and vegans can dine together. As one other reviewer advised, the only disappointment was the cobbler (a vegan option)! I would recommend arriving early with workout clothes readily at hand so that if your room is not ready you can avail yourself of the classes immediately. If you have far to travel, book a spa appointment for your arrival. Even on the day of your departure, you are invited to continue using the facilities after the noon check out. The only issue is that there is so much to do, it is hard to fit it all in. That is why I started planning my next visit ! I have told all my friends so that I can share the experience!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a rock waterfall which was beautiful! It was lit at night. Unfortunately...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
mindy g-

Thank you so much for taking the time post your thoughts regarding your recent stay! What a wonderful overview of everything we have to offer- we are so happy to have had the chance to share with you our delicious cuisine, breathtaking grounds, and unparalleled service. We hope to welcome you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed at woodloch lodge for 3 days 2 nights in november. Had a great time. All of the food was excellent (except for the cobbler, trust me...). the place was beautiful. spa was very tranquil and clean. the art classes were a surprising high point, especially a 1 on 1 mandala drawing class. Water aerobic classes were fun,although the pool is a bit deep (4 1/2 ft) for someone whose only 5 feet tall. ballet barre class was fun.

my only real complaints are very minor. i felt the dining room was a bit overly formal, with waiters filling your water every 5 minutes and bringing me new spoons and such! it was nice, just seemed a bit over the top for my casual style. also, it seemed like being solo was a rarity here, mostly couples and girlfriends. people were friendly enough, and the staff even attempted to seat me with another single at dinner which was nice. But i definitely felt a bit out of place. at another spa, i felt more comfortable being solo than i did here.

i had a stone massage which was a nice treat. and the outdoor infinity whirlpool was also great. overall, this trip did exactly what i wanted, it gave me time to myself to relax and be healthy and take care of me for a change.
i do wish their was a bathing suit dryer, and that the nuts :in the whisper lounge were offered elsewhere.
but i would definitely go back. i went during the week when it is discounted, i wouldnt be able to afford it otherwise, its definitley a splurge trip. but lots of fun.

• Stayed November 2013
naynay111-

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! The Lodge is certainly an ideal place to relax, unwind, and find that much needed "me-time". We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our spa offerings and beautiful property! We will be sure to pass along your comments to our Dining Room team- we always welcome suggestions that may help us to improve our service. Thank you again for staying with us!
Port Washington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited Woodloch for the first time last December. It was so much fun. My nieces loved it. They still talk about Woodloch. The food was great. So many activities for the kids. Beautiful place. It was pricey but hopefully we can save it to return again this year. My mom and brother went to the spa for massages and they loved it. All around perfect stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nichol H-

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments! I believe the property you are referring to is our sister property, Woodloch Pines. They are a family resort, with an endless list of activities for kids of all ages to enjoy! The Lodge at Woodloch is the adult-only destination spa- a wonderful respite for those guests looking for a different environment. Thank you again for sharing such lovely thoughts!
Wyoming, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have two kids - 3 and 1 - and I love them wholeheartedly. But with the demands of work and taking care of my family, I needed to take a week off and recharge. I looked through a number of recommended spa/resorts - and I decided to head out to the Lodge. It was a fabulous choice. I stayed 6 days, 5 nights. The meals were absolutely fabulous - very healthy - lots of fruit, veggies, and protein. I had sea scallops twice - for lunch! The spa services were wonderful. I had a body scrub - highly recommended - my skin felt so smooth for the entire week. And a pedicure, a massage, and a facial. The lady who performed my facial was terrific - my skin was glowing. I also enjoying the infinity hot tub, the steamroom, the sauna. The exercise/yoga classes were great - I loved the variety. From tabata to boot camp to several different yoga varieties, I was able to keep my body guessing. And for relaxation, the property has lovely walking/jogging/biking trails - perfect in the fall. And going solo, I read quite a few books in the evening, and the Lodge has lots of little reading nooks and fireplaces to curl up and relax. I had a great trip by myself - and I know I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the main floor - easier to get around and then you don't have to use the elevator/stairs...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer P-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the variety of classes and treatment offerings. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!