“Worth Every Penny!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Hawley
New York
“Worth Every Penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Lodge at Woodloch represents the epitome of the spa experience. The setting, a superb Mission style building in the woods, houses an affable and competent staff along with lovely, well-equipped rooms, a wonderful restaurant, called the Tree, a tranquil and excellent spa and cozy lounges where we relaxed in front of fireplaces. There are a host of activities daily and "special offerings" for which there are additional charges. A typical day might consist of a morning stretch class, followed by meditation, a garden walk with a knowledgeable horticulturist, a two hour class in watercolor painting, a facial or massage, a cooking demonstration, a zumba class and perhaps a lecture . Meals are taken in the lodge's lovely restaurant and are superb. All of the above except for the spa services are included in the rates, which, at first glance, may appear high. When you consider the extent and quality of these activites, I believe the rates are fair. I could go on about the indoor heated pool, outdoor pool and beauty of both. I could talk about the lovely touches that abound but I strongly suggest you get to the Lodge at Woodloch and see and enjoy for yourselves!

Room Tip: Our room, on the first floor, was at the far end of the long corridor opposite the spa. It was quie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Honesdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

For our 38th anniversary, we decided to spend an extended weekend at the Lodge at Woodloch. This was our second trip here this year and we looked forward to it since our last visit.
From the "Happy Anniversary" greeting at the front gate to the hustle of the car hops to the friendly greeting at the front desk to the fruit, nut, and cheese platter in our room accompanied by a great bottle of Moscato - this was a very pleasant welcome back!
While my wife enjoyed all the facials, pedicures, manicures, massages, etc., I enjoyed the pools, hut tubs, trails, and solitude of this retreat. The food is excellent and the choices are adequate to the mission of healthy eating. The waitstaff are marvelous personalities and help make the dining experience a great event.
We never thought when we were first married and I was a private in the US Army that we would ever be able to be guests at such a fine lodge, to meet some really nice people around the fire ring, or to be in the company of people with the same goal in mind - a relaxing, pressure free break from the rigors of daily life.

Room Tip: I highly recommend rear facing rooms with a view of the back patio, woods, and lake.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent 1 night, but 2 full days at the Lodge. Although you can't check in to the room until late afternoon, you can use the facilities and attend classes all day. Everything was wonderful. The classes, room, food, setting, and staff are exceptional. The friendly and attentive staff are better than at some of the finest hotels. The plentiful food was delicious and with a creative menu selection. It was a plus that our stay was at a time when the fall foliage was colorful. Walks around their huge grounds and to the lake were particularly beautiful, as it was for relaxing in their outdoor infinity-edged hot tub.

Room Tip: Upper level with view of the lake.
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the time you arrive and walk through the doors, a feeling of relaxation greets you. The staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are beautiful. The meal selection was great and everything I had during my weekend stay was delicious. There is truly something for everyone. Many different types of class offerings in exercise, yoga, meditation - beginners are welcome at all and I thorougly enjoyed the drawing and watercolor classes. My friends and family were so impressed with my artwork - and I have never drawn or painted. The spa area is wonderful, the pool, the outdoor hot-tub and sitting around the fire pit at night allowed time to make new friends. All of the guests I encountered were lovely, friendly people. There are walking trails ...as I said, something for everyone. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Good place but not 5 star. Oddities like overflowing trash cans, 10 minute wait for anyone to offer us coffee at breakfast, and they made us wait 30 minutes to be seated for dinner Saturday night when we had a reservation for our fifth wedding anniversary.

• Stayed October 2012
Jamie F, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear niiickb,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered. I will certainly follow up with Housekeeping regarding the removal of trash, and with regard to your wait in the restaurant, it should not have happened, but I will speak with our Food and Beverage team so that it may be prevented in the future. These are exceptions to the norm here, and can easily be remedied. I hope that there were other elements of your wedding anniversary weekend that you did enjoy. If you have any additional feedback, or if I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you for staying with us; I hope that we have another opportunity on a future visit to make up for these inconsistencies.
New Columbia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to the Lodge at Woodloch because of the inspirational spiritual medium they had as a guest for Saturday night and found out this "secret" getaway is an amazing place. So peaceful and relaxing and many things to do both indoor and outdoor. The rooms are amazing and the bathroom/shower was luxury compared to most places. I took pictures so my husband could redo our bathroom like this :o) The food is amazing and very healthy so instead of gaining weight on vacation I lost some! The spa area is clean and has personal showers, robes, towels, drinks (water), fresh fruit, hair dryers...everything you need except your bathing suit. I had an aromatherapy massage while there and I get one every month at home and believe me this facility is the first place who ever gave my regular lady any competition. It's a great time and plenty to do and see. Very beautiful views from both sides of the building. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor and it was a great view from the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I just spent an amazing week at the Lodge at Woodloch for my 40th birthday! We experienced the following:
Luxurious spa services...even for those with sensitive skin! Choose the whisper lounge in which to relax following your spa treatment. It features chaise loungers that face the lake and a large fireplace.
Excellent exercise offerings...If you are looking to spice up your exercise routine, I recommend "Drums Alive" and the "Bollywood/Belly Dancing Class".
Fantastic food...We do not eat meat, and the unique fish choices each night were delicious. Also, most offerings are gluten-free.
Serene surroundings...ultra quiet rooms (never heard our neighbors, their TV or door)

Recommendation: After a body polish, massage, and facial, I recommend room service for dinner so that you may continue to "float"...we did and the meal was just as spectacular as if we had dined in the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!