“Wedding At Woodloch.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wedding At Woodloch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I met with our family and friends to celebrate the wedding of my nephew to his beautiful wife. Carolyn and I arrived a week early to arrange Horseback riding throughout the nine New England states during peak Fall foliage. We were delighted to find that Woodloch also had arrangements for horses with Vanderbeek Farms one mile from the property. I arrived at Woodloch one day ahead of the party and the staff were overly helpful in making arrangements for us in one of their properties until the next day when the booked rooms were available.

Carolyn and I were able to take my nephew and his soon to be wife on horses, but due to the morning rains we were not able to ride the properties. However, Vanderbeek made arrangements for us to use their large in-door arena and gave my nephew, Erik, and Cyndy riding lessons. By the time we were finished Erik and Cyndy were mastering manuevers, and this was their first time on a horse. We were pleased because they will probably carry on a tradition of allowing their children to interact with horses.

The wedding arrangements were to perfection and the staff and managemnet of Woodloch made us feel like we were at a family members house.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
First off, congratulations to Erik and Cyndy on their marriage! We truly hope that their day was everything they had hoped for and more. We want every wedding to be absolutely perfect. Vanderbeek Stables is a beautiful and new facility located very close to the resort, and we are pleased you were able to take advantage of their indoor arena. Hopefully next time the weather will cooperate and you’ll be able to hit some of the outside trails!

The Woodloch Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We surely enjoyed our time at Woodloch. The accomodations were great and the activities for lots of fun. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. This is a great place for families and couples. The food is plentiful and good (not QUITE excellent). We stayed in the least expensive accomodations and were amazed at how well equipped they were. We are returning next year and hope to do so for many more years.

Room Tip: We were in Ripplecove which will be torn down some time in the future but found it fit our needs per...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding our staff, accommodations, and food. Our staff is always ready to make your stay the best it can be. We are delighted to see that you would definitely return, and cannot wait to share our hospitality with you once again!

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Much has been said about Woodloch on this site. I have been going there my entire life, and I am 36 years old. Our family has stayed on the same October weekend for nearly every single one of those years. We always have a great time, and now the next generation of our family feels the same way. My 5 year old absolutely loves Woodloch and has an amazing time.

Let's clear up a few things. The food at Woodloch is not intended to be gourmet 5 star dining. Its served in a lodge-style dining room, family style. It is reminiscent of a homestyle meal you might have had from your mother's kitchen. The meals are served between specific hours, and you have to go eat them during those times. Its not a restaurant, its a dining hall, and perhaps some people don't understand the difference. And the amount of food is massive, you will not go hungry. If you are complaining that its not like eating at Le Cirque, you missed the point.

Also, those who say things appear rustic or old...did you not get that's kind of like the entire theme of the whole resort? Its supposed to have a "cabin in the woods" feel. They accomplish that quite well. If you are one of these people who says "things need to be updated", you missed the point.

We have never been hungry, and have never been bored. There are more activities than you could possibly attend, and its been a very rare instance where we didn't enjoy one of the activities. Sure, some of them are kind of dorky and maybe you don't want to compete for Woodloch medals. If so, maybe you aren't as fun as the rest of the folks there. We always compete (and win) and meet great people along the way.

The only thing I would say I need to do to make the Woodloch experience more enjoyable is to stay longer. Work, school, other obligations, etc. tend to keep that from happening. But even still, I love our crazy, busy and fun weekend at Woodloch every year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for allowing Woodloch to be your October destination for so many years. You are part of the Woodloch family and it is because of you we are able to create an environment of hospitality and to welcome new guests to us year after year. We are happy that you have enjoyed everything we have to offer over the years, and truly hope to continue doing so in the years to come. It is amazing to see whole family generations grow and evolve through the years. Till next time!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Impressed at the service - very pricey for what you get. Have been to many places which are far better. They did upgrade us after we complained we could not be on the bottom floor due to the moisture and allergies, even with their dehumidifier running all night. The people who visiit here are not well mannered and mostly from nj and ny. They bring their kids and yell at them the whole time theyre there. Its very unpleasant and nothing against woodloch, its just the geographic location they are pulling customers from. Its elderly people during the week and nj ny families on the weekends. I dont know what was worse, sitting next to an elderly person at dinner who couldnt hold his flatulance or a nj family fighting and yelling at their kids all dinner long.

• Stayed October 2012
We are displeased to see that your stay with us was not to your liking. Here at Woodloch, we try to offer something for everyone, regardless of age, geographic location, or familial status. We are truly sorry if any of our guests inconvenienced you in any way during your stay, but we hope that your view of all our guests is not negatively impacted because of one or two instances. We value all of our guests, and every single one of them is important to us. We hope your next visit is more pleasant, and if you ever have any concerns please do not hesitate to bring it to the attention of Management.

Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I read some of the post through out the different websites. Their were a lot of negative reviews about Woodloch Pines. Well My wife and I liked the price that we were given and we decided that we are from NY and it cant be any worse then where we live. Upon arrival of the facility we were greeted by the Maintenance workers who were happy to see us. ( Very unusual for maintenance men to greet anyone.) Upon walking in to the reception area we were greeted by even more staff members who definitely enjoy their job. The Huge Frankenstein in the front lobby caught my 2 year old daughter off guard but she thought it was funny by the end of the night. The Staff went the extra mile to explain everything to you. They even offered assistance for baggage but, My wife and I decided we can carry our bags 40 feet without assistance. The room was a rustic style room which was awesome. If I wanted a hotel looking room I would of went to manhattan and stayed fro the weekend. After we put all of stuff in to our room we decided to take the kids (7 months and 2 years old) out to explore the facility. The scenery was incredible! The fall foliage was breathtaking. The accommodations of the other units are impeccable. There were more activities in the day that you had to choose between two or three different things t o do. You can definitely keep occupied if you choose to. They even had stuff for all age groups to do. The pool area of Woodloch is another great area. If you cant keep anyone occupied there then you shouldn't go on vacation. The food at Woodloch is Outstanding. If you leave there hungry then you didn't eat all of your food. The portions that you get area perfect. It is a four course meal.
Overall their wasn't one bad review that I can give he facility. From the friendly staff, cleanliness overall of the facility, outdoor activities, petting, zoo, BINGO, broadway style show and Food we will be coming back and brining some friends!!

Room Tip: If you want a room that is rustic stay in the Timberline rooms. There not run down there Rustics. Ce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the high marks and for joining us! We always love it when a family comes to us for the first time and has an absolute blast. We always strive to keep all members of the family engaged and happy, no matter what day of the week or time of the year it is. We look forward to the next time your family can join us, and Frankenstein will be waiting after the first weekend in October next year… P.S. The photos of your kids are adorable!

Long Island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ok here we go, I just spent 45 minutes reading all of the negative reviews on Woodloch and I couldn't belive it ! I had to recruit my husband and children to check out some of the reviews because we were astounded by them ! This review is true accurate and impartial ! I love to travel and have been to many places ( including a luxury suite on the Disney Wonder). Here are my thoughts on Woodloch: Last year we went to Woodloch with 3 kids ages ranging from 13-18 (1 girl and 2 boys -teenagers ahhh ! ) . Upon arriving we were greeted by super friendly helpful staff. Actually the staff were friendly and enthusiastic the entire trip. I especially appreciated the outrageous costumes and clothing selections of certain staff members. It certainly added to the fun ! The scenary is breathtaking. It was early January and there was only a dusting of snow. Upon arrival I was pleasantly suprised by the cozy lodge like feel of the check in area. Not luxurious but homey, cozy comfortable just like Woodloch, a family place. I would have loved a bell hop but I had two boys to help and we worked as a family to get our luggage up to our room.That was the beginning of the family bonding which happens at places like Woodloch ! We had booked a special that was publicized via the internet making Woodloch more affordable for us.We too had heard of Woodloch from older family members and a younger group of friends.Our room was a one bedroom suite in the Springbrook area with a gorgeous view of the lake and snow tubing. The room was clean , spacious and perfectly set up with 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, 2 Queens, and two couches. The nature component of this place is so peaceful and tranquil. We arrived around 4:00 PM but had anticipated arriving later. Although not necessary the helpful staff said call us if you are running late and we will hold dinner for you.Dinner started with a parade in the dining room which was cute and kitchy. The meals were delicious except for the chicken parm ( seemed like frozen chicken patties). Breakfast amazing, and plentiful. From muffins to eggs, and french toast. The bacon was so good I have never had bacon like that before ! it was thick and sweet and salty.Because we were so active the kids couldn't even get up for breakfast one day so our delightful waitstaff Gerri packed it for us to bring back for them. Gerri was terrific and really sweet to the 3 rowdy teens. Especially my son who often wanted more than one dessert.One evening they served braised ribs holy cow (literaly) super delicious. The dining room has a lovely view of the lake that made mealtime extra special. My entire family said the food was great at each meal !
On to the activities, the reason why you should all come to Woodloch. First let me say that the show was spectaculair better than the one I saw on the Disney cruise. It was so funny, lively and engaging. I asked the teens to please just sit with us and stay for one song and ofcourse they stayed for the entire show. It was a delight. We sat upfront to the right of the stage and some performers came down and sang to me and had me dance. It was a riot! Our first full day at Woodloch we shot rifles, drove go-karts, snow tubed, went bike riding, swam, hit a few balls and played movie trivia all before dinner. At night we danced, sang karoke, played bingo and laughed. Teens are the most difficult of travelers and each one wanted to stay/return as soon as possible ! On medals, lets just say winning a coveted Woodloch medal is almost like winning the lotto. The boys won 4, my hub had two my daughter had 2 and finally I won one for the trivia contest. Thank goodness ! We still have those medals hanging up by our exercise chart and each time we do the treadmill we earn points or dollars towards our next Woodloch trip. We love this place ! Now here is the reality of Woodloch.. If you want huge snowmobile trails, or ski runs take a bus to the next place for the day. We snowmobiled at Woodloch and had a blast doing it. But the charm of Woodloch is not found in the smaller maybe older go-kart track, or batting cage. The charm is in the comfort food, friendly staff and family memories you will build there. Each day at breakfast we would race to get the activity guide to find out what games and chances we had to earn these much sought after medals. This place is not about fancy luxury. It is about natural beauty, cozy accomadations and old fashioned family fun. The kind where all the members are joining in the games and having real conversations. In a world of technology and working families Woodloch is the place you come to reconnect and get active. To be real and down to earth and engage in family games. All this being said my 40th birthday is this Dec. 2012 and in lew of jewelry or a party I have asked my family to bring me back to Woodloch and each one of us can't wait ! I have been talking to everyone I can about having a reunion there and trying it out during different seasons. My next visit will take place between Dec. 2012 and Jan. 2013 and I will be sure to write a review when I return. I can say with 90 percent certainty that it will be a good time. Try it and I am sure you will be like the lady I met who has gone to Woodloch for 19 years with generations of family year after year. Woodloch a Wonderful Fabulous Family Place !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the highly detailed review! We understand the teen crowd can be one of the hardest to please, but it sounds like we did something right. We try to have our entertainment and activities appeal to a wide range of ages. Spending time with family and friends is one of the most important things in life, and we are happy to be the place that could accomplish that for you. We would love nothing more than to have you share your special birthday with us in December or January, and we hope to see you once again!

Mount Sinai, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about Woodloch Pines. I have gone there four times already and if I was a millionaire, I'd probably go more! Where can you go these days for wholesome, family fun and entertainment for all ages? Almost nowhere! And the food and bakery are delicious and abundant. The real reason to go? The Kiesendahl (sp?) family and all the employees of Woodloch Pines. They actually care about whether you are happy, well fed and enjoying your stay there. I have stayed in the hotel and in the large rental houses near the hotel. Both were excellent. The only season I haven't visited during is summer; we plan to do that next year for sure! The sledding/tubing, games in the Lodge, the big Saturday night show, I could go on and on. You will not be disappointed unless you are looking for high tech whiz bang experiences. This is NOT what Woodloch is about! Reconnecting with family at the huge sit down meal times was something we truly looked forward to. These people CATER to your happiness. My 9 year old niece threw up in the dining room (from overeating!) and NO ONE acted like it was even a SLIGHT inconvenience, despite having to clean it up quickly and steam the rug immediately. They were more worried about her! It's clean, homey, and no request seems to put them out. Yeah, we love it here...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!