“Not Impressed for the Price” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Massapequa, New York
“Not Impressed for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went there with a group of 6. The service was good but the steak was average at best. The Clam apprtizer was bland and just ok. For the price they charge I expected a higher end meal. Would I go back again? Probably not. It is a rural area but there are a couple better choices around the lake.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love to get away on the weekend. The local gas attendant mention this place to be an excellent spot to it. We called ahead and we sat sat at the bar first- they have great wines list, beer- top shelf liquor.
Dinner great steaks

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“You've got to be kidding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant after reading good reviews and driving by on numerous occasions. One disappointment followed by another. I won't bore you with details but provide highlights or lowlights if you will. Waiter adjusted and or scratched his crotch while making rounds in dining room. While subtle or nonchalant as he thought it was I almost spit out my subpar steak. To me, if you can't add enough salt and pepper to your meal there is a problem. No flavor and not sure what grade meat they use for their steaks at this steak house but my filet was tough and over cooked. My finances porterhouse was also tough and well done when he ordered it medium. Imagine being served a $40 steak over done with a dry baked potato beside it. Luckily we had a pat of butter left from the bread basket. Waiter never returned until the end to see if it was prepared correctly or how things were. The bar server ended up taking my plate to wrap my over done filet and never brought it back. Which ultimately may have been a good thing. The quality reminded me of a "$50 valentine's special" at a diner not the $115 for two ppl that we spent. They really need to evaluate and focus on the food and not the "wanna be fine dining" they think they are. And if you're charging those prices I don't want to pass by an open door looking into a dirty kitchen with a waiter chowing down or a mounted tv with DVDs stacked and clutter as I enter the dining room to pay $35+ per plate. If all that's on your menu is steak...it should be perfect. Never returning and warning friends and family.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Beer tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

What an absolute blast- The beer tasting on June 21 was quite a surprising treat for me as I hadn't done one before then. The pairings of the beer with the 4 course meal was a taste sensation. Brewmaster on hand to explain the origin of the the different beers-very knowledgeabel and a good teacher. The food was as interesting and complex as the beer- Everyone did a great job to create such a fine experience. Hats off, Fallsport

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edison
“Wonderful and Perfect place for a relax and friendly evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

With summer around the corner, Hawley is a perfect place for a relax weekend. I was at the Falls Port Inn and Restaurant with a recommendation from a friend. My first impression is coziness. The restaurant and the room has a classic 1900 feel to it.

At the bar, I met the owner, Steve. He is a very talkative and friendly guy. If you don't know around the area, definitely ask him. For dinner, I had the redsnapper. I figure, Hawley is right next to a huge lake. The seafood has to be fresh and good. And, I was impress! The fish is fresh and tender. I finished before I realized it.

What I like about the room is the bed and mattress. It is very comfortable. The only thing that may bother you is the window air conditioner. But, it does a good job to cool down the room.

Overall, I recommend this place. I will come back again for the all-in-one service in Hawley.

• Visited June 2013