“Diner fare” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Diner fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Quality food, well prepared. They have a strong reputation to uphold and are still doing a good job.

Visited June 2012

“What happened to friendly diner service?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My kids and I are doing Diner Tuesdays where we visit new diners and try new foods. This was our first. While the food was yummy, esp the DP fries, service was lacking.
Pouring rain, 4 young well behaved kids and we stand in the doorway waiting to be seated without anyone acknowledging us for more than 5 minutes. Oh, we were told to move out of the way. When I asked if we could sit in the uncleared booth, I was told to just wait.
Didn't get worse, but also did not get better.
Disappointing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brookings, Oregon
“Great food Philly style, friendly service and super prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you're looking for a big breakfast with scrapple, Philly style bacon and sausage with your eggs or pancakes then this is the place. The staff is as friendly and as helpful as can be. The prices are as reasonable as can be. The only thing to be careful about is that this place is no secret. Don't be surprised if you're standing in line on a weekend morning.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“Charming ambience, good omelet, nice waitress, my first scrapple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I learned about Daddypops from the Food network show: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I decided to stop for breakfast during a long drive from South Jersey to Syracuse. It took a few miles to get to from the PA Turnpike (East-West), but hey – I was on an adventure. The architecture and décor is vintage 1950s – really nice. On my agenda was to try scrapple for the first time. I first heard about scrapple when I moved to the area in 1980; and have never really warmed up to the idea. In DDD, the regular’s rave about Daddypops' scrapple, so I figured it’s time to be open minded and give it a try. Well, I’m sure that as scrapple goes, it was very good. I liked the sage and other spices – and I liked that I was able to confirm that scrapple is not for me. The western omelet and homefries were excellent. I was a little surprised that they charge for iced tea refills. Debbie the waitress was attentive and friendly with a genuine smile. If I were in the neighborhood; I would love to bring my wife, family or friends.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Old Fashioned Diner in Hatboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Take a trip down Memory Lane and visit Daddypops, an old fashioned diner in Hatboro. If you are in the mood for a great breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, and good cup of coffee, Daddypops is the place to go and the old fashioned atmosphere makes everything taste just a little more like home!!!