“Not what you would expect in a small strip mall.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Hatboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not what you would expect in a small strip mall.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First time stopping here after passing by many times. Had a nice portion of tender veal in a lite drinkable Marsala wine sauce with fresh mushrooms, very fresh green beans and mashed potatoes w/pancetta. While waiting for the main coarse, was served a nice portion of roasted zuccini and a cold potato salad dressed with a lite vinaigrette and olive oil mix. Bread was provided with evo to dredge it in. The bread was crusty and fresh (I was told it was brought in daily from NYC). The inside of the restaurant was bright and cheery and itialian opera played softly. Both waiters were very attentive. Lemon cello cake finished the meal, very lite and refreshing. My only disappointment was that the meal could have been a little warmer! Other than that I would defiantly return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My Husband and I just ate at Pasta Fazool. We were excited to try this restaurant as it is closed to home and the reviews sounded Great. We were both very disappointed. My appetizer was terrible, so I returned it. My husband had a veal chop that was stuffed with various foods and it looked to me undercooked. When we finished, the owner Mario, came up to us and said that he was aware that our meal was not good. He proceeded to give us an gift certificate for a future meal, in the amount of $20.00, Then he came back with our check????????. My husband is a very nice man and he paid the bill, the appetizer had been deducted. I think that our meal should have been on the house. I was mad at us for not speaking up and saying so. I left the gift certificate behind. We will not be going again.

Visited November 2012
Hatboro
“Simply the best Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My family has been to this restaraunt many times. The only negative thing I can tell you about the place is that it's very tiny.
The food was fabulous. We have never had a bad experience there and everything on the menu is homemade and fresh as well as delicious. You are welcome to bring your favorite bottle of wine from home. The Stuffed mushrooms and mussels marinara are wonderful. The portions are huge. I almost don't want to give this place a good review only from fear that it will be harder to get in if they get busier. A reservation is recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Great food, better than in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Pasta Fazool has become our "go to" Italian restaurant. We've been there at least a dozen times and have never been disappointed. Their signature soup, pasta fagiole, is exceptionally good. The bread is amazing, delivered daily from Brooklyn. Every dish we've had has been excellent, and the portions are so large we have another meal at home a day or two later. We love the servers, and if he's not short-handed and waiting tables himself, Mario (the owner) visits the tables and chats with the customers. I'm sure this is what dinner would be like if we came from Italian families, and we're so happy that Mario makes us feel like we're part of his own family.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HORSHAM
“The food was OK but the service we received was terrible !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

It was our first and last visit there. We walked in and were greeted with " Do you have a Reservation " My response was no we just have money ! ...we were then seated.

We had dinner served and the food was ok however we were never asked how is every thing and I had to chase the waitress to get a refill on a glass of water.

When we left we were never thanked for coming and spending our hard earned money there .

Poor Service !!! BOO on them !

• Visited February 2012