“Excellent Hospitality & Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 East Park Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17111 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Harrisburg)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Cohocton
“Excellent Hospitality & Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a WONDERFUL stay! Chris the Hotel manager was a huge help and all of his staff were SUPER kind and fast with everything! The room was well managed and well kept & cleaned. Would stay here again in a heart beat! Easy location for highway entrance and just overall a blessing of a time.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in King Suite non smoking, very quiet. WONDERFUL!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Richboro, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for the second time while attending the Horse World Expo in Harrisburg. This is a very nice hotel with a friendly staff and very nice well equipped clean rooms. We had a very comfortable stay. My only complaint is that the hotel did away with it's complimentary breakfast buffet. They do still off breakfast in the resturant. Either buffet ($8.95 hotel guests) or ala carte. It was a simple buffet with all the basics. I did not look at the menu as we were in a hurry. Last year when we stayed here they offered the same buffet complimentary to hotel guests. I really appreciate a complimenty breakfast when I stay in hotels, it does not need to be fancy, and I am happy to toast my own bagel but being able to zip in and grap a quick bite and be out the door is a wonderful convience. I like Best Westerns very much and have stayed in them in many states as well as overseas. I feel comfortable when I book at room at one that it will be good stay. Unfortunately if we do come to the Expo next year I may look for another hotel that offers complimentary breakfast. Sorry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Central Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey. Our team is committed to delivering exceptional experiences for our guests, and we are appreciative for your positive remarks regarding your time with us. Our convenient location makes us an easy choice for guests visiting the area, and we are pleased you chose to stay with us while attending an expo at the nearby Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center located just minutes from our hotel.

Our breakfast buffet provides our guests with an array of hot and cold breakfast selections, as well as fresh fruit, pastries, yogurts, and breads. Although it is not included with the guest room, we do offer our guests with a more complete breakfast experience by providing friendly personalized service, and a variety of consistent high quality product at a great value. We have also taken your comment regarding a “quick grab” breakfast option, and have recently implemented a menu for our guests “On the Go!”

We appreciate our guests’ feedback, as it is through their comments that we will continue to improve our service and accommodations at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back while attending future events in the Harrisburg/ Hershey area.

Best Regards,

Best Western Premier
The Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed with this hotel previously, and after a major problem with the Best Western main number and booking us in another location by mistake, things got corrected by Chris a this hotel. Chris and his staff went well above and beyond what any hotel manger does. After our problem with the Best Western Plus (Harrisburg Airport), I explained to Chris what the problem was. He had explained that the hotel was booked for Saturday, but with 2 families, I did not want to keep moving around. I asked him if he was able to do anything, to please call me back. After an hour and a half, he called me and said he managed to move things around to accommodate us. He really could have done nothing, and we would have been stuck at the dump that Best Western mistakenly put us at, but he went above and beyond to keep a customer happy. The hotel itself is clean and the staff friendly. Will be staying here next year for our annual trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Central Hotel Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey! We are pleased our team was able to exceed your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Central during your next visit to the Harrisburg, Hershey area!

Our team takes pride in providing all of our guests with memorable experiences. Our management team consistently works alongside our team members to exemplify exceptional service, going above and beyond for our guests whenever possible. We aim to exceed all of our guests’ expectations, and we look forward to achieving our goal with countless guests in the future.

Kind Regards,

Best Western Premier,
the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed the night of 2/18/2013. I thought everything was extremely nice, certainly much better than I expected given all the crap reviews that I read on the internet. The lobby is very attractive, the staff were great in every respect, the attached Irish bar/restaurant had a surprisingly large selection of draft beer (I had the Langunitas IPA and it was great), the room was unusually big and veryclean, the beds and bedding are all new and top-notch, the bath fixtures looked brand new, and the internet was fast. The pool looked nice, and several people were swimming, but I didn't get in the water. I forgot my earplugs but it was quiet, so I didn't miss them. I did have to turn the thermostat down to 60 in order to cool off the room. I'd definately go back, in a second. Got a great Hotwire price, but wasn't told which hotel until after I bought it. Thanks Hotwire, and thanks Best Western!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I said internet service was important to my family, so they gave me a room over the lobby (room 200...
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm torn about whether to write a bad review, since the front desk manager was so nice and helpful... but really, this hotel is in horrible shape and I would never have stayed here if I had known. When we first walked in the door to check in for our 3 night stay, my husband and I were very impressed. The hotel lobby is one of the coolest I've ever seen.

So we go to our room. It's quite warm. We turn on the AC and realize it won't come on. Then I try to get on the internet. I'm tagging along to an event my husband has going on but I have to work the next day beginning at 7 (Friday), and though I can work from anywhere, I have to have a good connection that is pretty much a given in most hotels these days. No connection. It's almost midnight and I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to work in the morning. I call the front desk who tells me that they can move us to another room where the AC works. They can't tell me if the internet will be working tomorrow.

I tell them that we will need to get a refund and move to a different hotel. The front desk manager tells me that the Hampton Inn down the street is owned by the same people as this hotel, and that they can move us over there; however, we'll have to move back after two nights because they are full Saturday night. We moved down the street and had a great stay at the Hampton, then it was time to move back...

I called earlier in the day to make sure we have a room. I'm assured that we do, but it's not ready for me to check in yet. So I go shopping, then come back in a few hours to check in. I'm told that they are full and there is no room for us. I ask for the manager who sent us to the other hotel and he says he can accommodate us and he gives me a key to the room. Get all the stuff out of the car and piled onto a cart, take it all to my new room, open the door, and the room is clearly occupied! Glad no one was in there at the time, doing whatever! Take all my stuff back to the front desk and tell him what happened. He gets me a key to a different room and walks there to check out the room first. All is clear and I check in.

Can't use the toilet because it is stopped up. Have to call for help immediately. Turn on my laptop... no freaking internet.

Really? Just do yourself a favor and don't stay here if you care about internet, climate control, and possibly a toilet.

On a positive note, the fitness center is great, the rooms are clean and stylish, the lobby is awesome, and the location is great. The price is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your comments regarding your recent experiences with us at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel. We accept and appreciate our guests’ feedback, and utilize such comments to continue to improve our accommodations, and services at the Central Hotel.

We recognize our internet services recently were not meeting our guests' expectations due to a failing router located in our guest network. We have since identified the equipment from our primary internet provider which was causing the sporadic service, and have replaced the unit. We understand high speed internet is an essential amenity for our guests, and we are certain both our primary and secondary internet providers are now operating correctly.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Central Hotel in the near future. We realize your recent experiences with us were unfortunate; however, your recent stay is not indicative of the services we consistently provide to our guests. I am confident that our property will continue to constructively utilize our guests’ remarks to improve our accommodations, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'm from Harrisburg and this hotel used to be a Four Points Sheraton. My senior prom was held there. I was very shocked to see it as a Best Western but wow it's better than before! I booked thru Hotwire and was disappointed to see I was staying at a Best Western but this was definitely worth it. I just stayed for one night to visit my family before going to DC (2/15/2013) I had a poolside room and the sliding glass doors in the room open right in the pool. It was all good. Nothing negative to say at all about this hotel!

Room Tip: Pool room on first room
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room was nice, clean,and large. We had a problem with the indoor pool not in service during our visit. The front desk at different times was very professional and during our check out time rude and incompetent. I wrote a review during a survey that explained my experience and to the companies credit I receive a response. Honestly, I don't expect free rooms or meals if my experience is subpar ... The response from a company representative was professional and I will continue to use this hotel chain.

Room Tip: Right off interstate ... Good Irish restaurant with great beer selection ... No need to leave proper...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BWPremierCentral, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Central Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER, the Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience, and I apologize we unfortnately fell short on this occasion.

We thank you for your understanding regarding the scheduled annual maintenance on our heated indoor pool during your time with us at the Central. We were pleased to have the opportunity to provide you and your family with alternate swimming accomodations at the nearby Friendship Center as we completed our pool maintenance.

The additional Best Western Rewards Points which we provided to your account were simply a gesture to express our regrets for providing a subpar experience at the Central. Our team takes pride in providing exceptional service, and I am confident that we will continue to improve our accommodations. We certainly are pleased to hear that you will continue to stay with the Best Western Family, and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,

BEST WESTERN PREMIER
The Central Hotel Harrisburg/ Hershey

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Central Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!