“Great Hotel and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am currently working in Harrisburg on a weekly basis and have stayed at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I feel like I am coming home at the end of the day, especially when they even tell me "welcome home" upon returning to the hotel.

I stayed once at another hotel in downtown and have found this hotel's staff to be nicer and more friendly. The parking is free ($20 at other place) and the free hot breakfast in the morning is a plus too. The pool looks nice however I have not used it. The rooms are clean and spacious and having a refrigerator and microwave are very appreciated.

I will be staying at this hotel for many weeks to come so I will let you know if it is just a fluke or if it stays the way it is now.

Room Tip: the second floor rooms that overlook the river give you a beautiful view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrPA129, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riverfront, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are so glad that you have choosen our hotel to be your home away from home. We hope you are enjoying your stays with us and if there is ever anything that you need, please be sure to let us know. We could not agree with you more that we have the best view in the city.

Thanks for traveling!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hopewell, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recentley stayed at this Hotel, It is a little older but was in good Condition, Had a very nice view in back over looking the water. Being Downtown is a litle pricey, this place was very reasonable & only few blocks away from everything

Room Tip: I Personally think ground floor is Best
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We greatly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We always say that we have the best views in the city and we feel we are the best value too! We are the only hotel in downtown Harrisburg to offer free parking and a free hot breakfast buffet.

We looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our family of 4 (including 2 young adult children) took advantage of the location of this hotel within walking distance of the State Capitol building. The walk took 15 minutes or so through downtown Harrisburg.

Breakfast was outstanding -- eggs, meat, waffles, cereal, fruit, breads, juices, coffee, etc.

Since we used a discount coupon, the experience was perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. We looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Hamilton, Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I liked this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating! I stay in the area on a regular basis to visit family. This place is reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. It is on the river and distant from the downtown hustle and bustle. But the neighborhood is quaint. The rooms are clean and the bathroom looked updated. I only have two complaints. I think they should update their bedding. Comforter looked a little worn. Also, housekeeping knocked on the door at 9am. I thought that was a little early and I guess it was my fault for not putting the DND sign on the knob. But I never had an experience of them trying to clean the room before 11 so I didmn't think it would be an issue.

Free breakfast was pretty good and the exercise room was small but nice and clean. I never made it to the pool but it looked well maintained. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. New bedding is coming this winter and hopefully it will be in place before you come to visit your family the next time. Also, we have addressed the issue of the housekeeper knocking on your door, however, yes it is best to always use your do not disturb sign.

We looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

How many hotels offer riverfront views, free breakfast and cookies, a terrific pool overlooking the river, and a location a few blocks from the center of the capital city, all for $90 AAA? Throw in very friendly desk staff and you have the whole enchallida. The only gripe was a slow tub drain which they fixed after being told. The place was mobbed--for good reason!

Room Tip: No need to pay more for a riverfront room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived at this hotel and I immediatly noticed it had a rundown apperance from the outside. The office was not well marked, but once we figured out where it was we were checked in by a very nice welcoming young man. The hallways were dated, but the rooms had been updated and were nice, but the update work was a little sloppy. I noticed right off the bat that there was no alarm clock, but we put in a wake up call for the morning with the front desk. At 2:30 in the morning we were woken up by a very loud group in the halls and in the room next door. The front desk said they would come up and take care of it, which I believe they did, but the walls are SOOOOO thin I could even here the group when they were telling each other shhhhh!!!! A big problem I have, not just with this hotel but many hotels, is that the AC unit does not have the ability to run the fan all the time. So given thin walls and no fan, this group kept us up until well after 3am. On top of this lack of sleep, I woke to find we had overslept by an hour as our wake up call never happened!! My husband ran down and grabbed food for us to eat as we got ready because we were running late. So I can't judge the breakfast set up, the food he brought was pretty good. My son also pointed out that there was a small smear of blood on the bathroom wall (Yuck!). I guess this review is pretty negative, but the staff we encountered were all very friendly and the beds were comfy so I feel it has potential and maybe we just had a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carneys Point, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Comfort Inn is at the end of the main drag and seems like it is in the run down part of town. It is nice that it is right on the river, but be prepared to walk if you want to eat. There is an Indian place as part of the hotel, it seemed pretty busy, but I did not eat there. The workout room is poorly lit and most equipment did not function properly. Breakfast food was fair, but not as fresh as could be. Water jug in food area was empty and attendant had no clue. The hotel has been updated, but is just not ‘fresh’ sloppy paint job and lots of wear over the whole hotel. For a one night stay it is not bad, just don't be prepared for a newer/fresher Comfort Inn. I should have done more research before booking. If it were not for the points deal, I would have stayed at the Crown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Riverfront? Share your experiences!