“Great stay--close to Hershey Park!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great stay--close to Hershey Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We were extremely pleased with our recent three-night stay while visiting Hershey attractions with our grandkids. The location was a bit industrial and signage from the road would have been helpful. There was a Walmart close by. Check in was timely and easy. Staff was friendly and helpful. They offer a nightly reception which in many cases is a full meal. We rented a penthouse suite which provided two baths, three TV's and plenty of room for all of us to spread out. We definitely utilized the full kitchen in the evenings and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. The room was clean but could have used some sprucing up. The notice about "vehicle break-ins" was a little worrisome but we had absolutely no trouble.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy you were able to utilize all of our extra amenities our facility has to offer. I hope your family enjoyed your time at Hersheypark and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We chose this hotel while visiting Hershey park. We were in a 2 bedroom penthouse (upstairs & downstairs). We arrived at 1:00pm and front desk informed us that room wasn't ready and took my number and said room should be ready in an hour and would call. We went to lunch and got groceries, (about 3 hours). No one called but we knew check in was at 4 so we headed back to hotel. Room still wasn't ready and we waited about 25 minutes then was finally checked in. (front desk simply apologized).
Room was clean and spacious, new kitchen appliances. The bathroom could use some upgrading, as could the living room (grouting in bathroom, worn out sofa etc).
Pool area appeared to very clean. I'd stay here again, however I would stay in the new building.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We appreciate your business and apologize for inconvenience that this delay may have caused. You are a valued customer, and we are committed to provide you with the best service possible. Tank you for your great feedback on our housekeeping staff. Again we're so sorry you had to experience such a delay to check in. We hope to see you again soon.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Marriott hotel is a good place to stay while a family is visiting Hershey Park. We had a small kitchen, two queen size beds, and a foldout couch which made a queen size bed. The room was large and easily accessed. There is a large lobby and in the lobby there is a buffet for breakfast and supper. Breakfast was huge, including hot and cold items. There is a swimming pool and a tennis court/basketball court. Everything was very clean and well-kept. This hotel is about 10 to 15 minutes away from the park. Nearby are many family-friendly restaurants also.

Stayed July 2014
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for your wonderful review,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

You will enjoy the people in the kitchen at breakfast and that's about it.
From the Sales manager to the desk clerks to the cleaning staff you would
rather be with your dog (which are not allowed by the way) because these
people do not have a clue about how to respectfully treat people.
I will never stay at this hotel again, and would recommend to anyone to
find somewhere else to stay in the Harrisburg area.

Room Tip: A tip to choosing a good room would be to find a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
CriticBlowNe,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Harrisburg/Hershey hotel. I am dissapointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the staff at the hotel during your stay. I would like to discusss your stay with you. You can contact me directly at the hotel at 717-561-1900.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Got to room and had a small blood spot on bath towel. Very visible. Not sure it could have been missed. Unless hey didn't really care. Also opened sofa bed to see that the contents of the previous sleepers bed were still on it and just folded back into it. Housekeeping never cared to check. I stripped the sofa bed and made it with fresh linens from closet. All within 5 mins of beginning stay. Bad start for a platinum rewards member with Marriott. Front desk was polite enough. Just seemed very frazzled and pressed for time. I think shift change was occuring too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to learn that your experience was less then satisfactory .Our staff typically receives very positive reviews regarding there level of service and I truly apologize that was not your experience. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future.
Kendall Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our GPS was telling to turn into what appeared to be an industrial park (at night). They need a sign off the local road.

The room was nicely appointed and the staff friendly, but breakfast ends at 9am during the week, way too early, not only for us, but the many families who were also rushing to get there and finish before 9am. It's summertime and people are on vacation. Breakfast should go later.

The fitness room is small and needs a mat, disinfectant wipes for the machines and maybe an exercise ball.

Stayed July 2014
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for feedback .I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the immediate surrounding area. Also thank you for the great compliments on our front desk staff. We did recently upgrade our fitness center so we do thank you for the helpful hints to improve for future guests. We hope to see you soon.
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed last week using a free night I earned with my Marriott points. After an extremely hot and humid day at Hershey Park, this hotel was a great place to relax. We checked in around 4:30, got right in our room, a king in the back with a sofa bed. The room was clean and perfect for our needs. It was my husband and I with our teenage daughter, and our 2 year old grandson. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful. They explained the dinner "social" and gave me a packet of information about the area. We unloaded and stretched out to cool off and watch TV. About a 1/2 hour after checking in, the front desk called to see if everything was ok! I have never had this happen before, and it was a great touch. The social that night was a BBQ theme....hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad, chips, and salad bar. There was a keg of beer, sodas and coffee, tea. The food was plentiful and since it was included, was a great way to end the night. My husband especially appreciated the beer, after a long day with a 2 year old! I did use the Market Store, to get macaroni and cheese for my grandson who is a picky eater. I bought a small Stouffer's mac and cheese, and a Rice Krispie treat and spent $9!! I felt this was extremely overpriced for what I got. The free breakfast was plentiful, also. They offered pancakes, scrambled eggs with several toppings, sausage patties, potatoes, oatmeal with different toppings, several cereals, a bread bar with breads, muffins near the toaster, juices, coffee, fresh fruit, and yogurt. What I liked best was the trays to bring your meal back to your room. This worked well with a toddler. The property offered a basketball court, which was being used, and both an indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool had been closed due to storms, but I took my grandson to the indoor pool. It was very hard to breath in there due to the warmth of the room, but the pool water was cool. Great for kids, but I took the last towel. I have stayed in Residence Inns before, but this particular one was above what I was used to. Good sized rooms, location good for many things. I would return to this property again. In the morning, staff was again very pleasant, and thanked me again for choosing this property. I was told they appreciated my business, even though I was using points, because points don't come cheap. Well done, Residence Inn!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
An amazing review would be an understatement! We thank you for taking the time and effort to give prospective guest such detailed account of your stay with us. We are so glad to hear our social and breakfast met all your needs and more. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!