“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived at the residence inn, I was pleasantly greeted by Emily at the front desk. She was very professional and helpful with information and directions to local places. From the moment I entered my suite, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and provided extra space to relax. The one bedroom suite offers a private bedroom with a king bed and a separate living area. The kitchen is fully equipped with a full fridge, cooktop, microwave and dishes. The suite was perfect for my family to spend the weekend to visit hershey park!
Other hotel amenities include a hot/cold breakfast buffet daily, outdoor and indoor pool, sport court. Great location and so close to restaurants and hershey park.

• Stayed February 2013
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First, I am so glad to hear my front desk staff was professional and was helpful with the local area. I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our one bedroom suite and the fully equipped kitchen. I am also very happy to hear our suite was perfect for your family! I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Hershey. Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were traveling as a family of 6 with 2 older children and 2 younger ones. We stayed for 2 nights and got 2 suites to accommodate every one without feeling cramped. The rooms were spacious and nice. While it is in an industrial area, it was easy access on and off the highway, but didn't notice highway noise. There was shopping and restaurants nearby. Staff was super friendly. The complimentary breakfast had variety, and there was plenty of extra seating upstairs. We picked this hotel because of the value and the proximity to Hershey Park. It did not disappoint.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that our suites were spacious and were able to accommodate your entire family. I am also very pleased to hear that my staff was friendly and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast! I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Hershey. Thank you! Have a great day!
West Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Went with my family and our extended family to Hershey and were looking for rooms with Suites. This place popped up. First of all the location is in a dilapidated industrial park. The rooms were remodeled I guess, but were dirty and had stains on everything. There were a bevy of bugs that greeted us on the walls. The door molding was rotten wood so that could explain that.

The pool area was filthy!

This hotel was not worth 129 a night!

• Stayed April 2013
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you have a less than favorable impression of my hotel. I take your concerns very seriously and I would like you to contact me at 717-561-1900 extension 200, so I can discuss this further with you. I am continually looking for ways to improve our hotel and I will use your review as a learning tool. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you. Again, I am so sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. Thank you, Donna.
Hurst, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week during spring break to visit family in area. We had a very nice two bedroom/ two bath suite in the newer building in the very back of complex. It seem new or updated and was very clean and quiet. However, we were not able to have breakfast there as all their coffee urns made the coffee smell and taste like burnt popcorn. They obviously need to clean the urns or replace them. There was a girls track team staying at the hotel so there were too many teens swarming to breakfast with little or no selection or seating with such a big crowd. So we got our own coffee each day at Starbucks and did not attend breakfast. The neighborhood is kind of a warehouse district and we did get a notice to take all valuables like GPS out of car at night as they had some robberies. We always stay at Residence Inn due to two bedroom suites but this one is very average due to location and breakfast. You also have to walk outside to get to breakfast. But the suite in the newer building was nice with granite counters,etc. So request new building if you stay there.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our two bedroom suite while you were here. I am very sorry to hear that breakfast was crowded while you were here and that our coffee did not taste right. I can assure that our coffee not tasting correctly is not a standard at the hotel, so I am very sorry. The note that you received in your key packet was a precaution. We have not had robberies at our specific facility but the police informed our hotel of crime in the area. I am very sorry if that made you feel uneasy in anyway. We hope if you are in the area that will stay with us again. Thank you! Have a great day!
St. Augustine FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For a 3 night stay I could not have done better. The staff was very friendly, including the front desk person that was always smiling.

I stayed in a one bedroom suites, which had a full kitchen and a fireplace.

Everything was clean and smelled good. Also note besides the outdoor pool which was closed, due to being early in the season. They also have an indoor pool and workout room.

Nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your three night stay with us. I am very happy to hear the front desk agent was friendly, and that our suites were clean. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Harrisburg. Thank you! Have a great day!
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed overnight on a recent weekend trip to Hershey and chose this hotel because it was a good price and we've had very good experiences with Residence Inns in other cities. It has everything you would expect from a Residence Inn--very nice updated rooms, very helpful staff, and a big breakfast buffet. But there were some inherent problems with this hotel that made me glad we were only there for one night.

First, the location is in an industrial area eight miles outside Hershey, and I don't think we would have found it if we hadn't had a GPS to guide us through back roads. It is a complex of about 12 buildings, all but one have guest rooms with outside entrances. We had to walk across the parking lot to get to the indoor pool and walk over to the main building in the morning for breakfast. This would not have been a problem in nice weather but it was 30 degrees out.

My biggest concern was that we had a ground-level room, and coming back at night it was dark and the area seemed very desolate. I don't think I would have felt safe staying here alone. Then, about 9 p.m., the family above us came in and it sounded like a herd of elephants--we heard every step. When we checked in the clerk had us sign a "no party" clause, and I guess this is why. Fortunately, they went to bed early!

The room seemed a bit cold during the night, and the next morning I realized housekeeping had put a comforter that was clearly marked "queen-sized" on a king bed. Arg.

Overall, the experience was fine, the room was good value and met our needs, but I would probably stay closer to Hershey or downtown if I go to this area again.

Room Tip: I would request a room in the building with pool and inside entrances, or at least on the second flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First, I am so sorry to hear that you had a tough time finding our facility and I understand how outside entrances are difficult to get to in the cold weather. I am also very sorry to hear about the noise above you. If you decide to come to our facility again, we will look into getting a second floor suite if it is avaliable. I am glad that your experience was good. If you are ever in the Harrisburg area, please visit us again. Thank you! Have a great day!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place is aged and showing wear. I remember staying here over 20 years ago. The rooms were not cleaned as well as I would expect. Especially the large collection of insects in the track of the sliding glass door. There were dead bugs in several areas, bathroom floor was dirty, and carpets stained. The help at the front desk and breakfast buffy were amazingly friendly and helpful and made up for the negatives. Also, the rooms make an amazing amount of noise. Water running, the refrigerator clicks annoyingly in the night. This must be common on GE Refrigerators, as the ones at State College do the same thing. The heating and AC units in the closet in your rooms are incredibly noisy and made sleeping difficult.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First, I am glad to hear the front desk and breakfast staff were helpful and friendly. I want to sincerely apologize for the room not being clean. I can assure you that is not a standard of my hotel or Marriott. Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope if you are ever in the Harrisburg area again, that you would choose to stay with us again. Thank you! Have a great day!

Been to Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!