“Great staff, great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Waterloo, Canada
“Great staff, great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our first stay at this location but will not be our last. From check-in to check-out the staff was excellent! Very helpful and polite and upbeat. We rented a two bedroom suite. The suite was clean and spacious. My only complaint would be that the bedding for the pull-out sofa be of a better quality - sheets were pretty think especially compared to other bedding. But they were clean. After 10 hours on the road we were ready for a cold drink and dinner but the ice maker in the fridge was too slow. After an hour of no ice (yes we turned ice make on!) we called down to front desk. Half an hour later a large bag of ice cubes was delivered to our room - much appreciated! The beds were comfy and the rooms were quiet. Breakfast next morning was very delicious and varied! The lady stocking the breakfast buffet was very friendly - a real people person. Very much enjoyed our stay and we will certainly return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dfbh
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear our staff was upbeat, polite, and helpful. I am also happy to see your accomodations to be clean and spacious. I am so sorry to hear about the ice maker in your room being slow. I understand how that can be frustrating but I am so pleased to hear the front desk agent delivered you ice! I am very happy to hear your room was quiet and breakfast was delicious! I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Harrisburg. Thank you! Have a great day!

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our 1st time at a Residence Inn - but with a family of 5 it is not easy to find somewhere to stay. I loved it. It was clean, updated and was very nice to have two bedrooms and living space. My kids loved the indoor pool and the front desk was kind enough to give us a room across the hall from it. The staff was extremely nice and welcoming. The free hot breakfast was very good as well. The 1 thing I would suggest is that they extend it to 11 on weekdays as well. Most people on vacation don't want to have to get up and rush to the dining area by 9:30 to have breakfast. I am a Marriott Rewards member so I usually look for the Marriott branded hotels when booking a vacation, but now I will look for the Residence Inns as my 1st option. I wish they had one of these inside the Disney parks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that our hotel was accomodating to your family. I am also happy to hear that our hotel was clean and you liked our two bedroom layout for your family. I am so glad to hear your children loved the indoor pool, our two bedroom suite sounds like it was a perfect location for your family. I am sorry to hear about our breakfast hours, I understand with a larger family it may be harder to get to breakfast early. I hope you will stay with us again if you return to the Harrisburg area. Thank you ! Have a great day!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is right off the highway (I-83) and can be a bit difficult to find if you don't call ahead or use GPS. However, the prices are good and the staff very cheerful and anxious to please. The hotel is in an industrial park--mostly showrooms, and not near downtown so it is better for a thru-traveler rather than someone interested in downtown entertainment. It is quiet and peaceful and well-valued. We asked for a high room and were promptly and cheerfully moved by hotel staff when we were not assigned one.The breakfast was the best I have ever seen at a mid-price hotel free breakfast. I had cereal and toast but my husband had eggs which he pronounced excellent, and pancakes, which he said were lousy. There was fruit and yogurt, sausages, all kinds of bread and pastry. The coffee was good. Most assuring was something I have never seen at this type of hotel--a hotel employee with a thermometer making sure the food was kept at an acceptable temperature!!. The hotel provided a guide to routes and local attractions, including restaurants with directions. We chose the Lancaster Brewing Co. --see separate review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I would like to first apologize if you were unable to find our hotel. We are located on an industrial park, so I can understand how that may be difficult to find. I am so glad to hear that our hotel was quiet and peaceful. I am very pleased to hear we fulfilled your reuqest for high floor room. I am so glad to hear your family enjoyed our hot breakfast . I am so sorry to hear our pancakes were not enjoyable. I am happy to hear our hotel provided a packet of the local area to you. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit. Thank you! Have a great day!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't know that I've ever really been disappointed with a Residence Inn. Not that I've stayed in that many BUT... when I have they've been really nice.

Clean, comfortable hotel with a very good staff.

We were here overnight when attending the Jersey Boys performance in Hershey.

Room Tip: You might want to be away from the highway...but even when were on that side of the building it wasn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear our hotel was clean, comfortable, and our staff was good as well. I hope you enjoyed the Jersey Boys performance while you were here. We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Harrisburg. Thank you! Have a great day!
Hunt Valley, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our third stay in two years. We travel quite a bit and average 40 to 50 hotel nights a year.
We recently stayed at a newly opened Four Seasons in Toronto and they could certainly learn a lesson or two from this Residence Inn about customer service.

Every one on staff was cheerful and friendly. After check out, I went to the lounge with a fireplace and right away a staff came to see if I would like to have the TV turned on. They made a point of addressing the guests by their last name during the stay which is normally expected only at high end hotels.

The room is tastefully appointed, immaculate, and spacious. Breakfast selection is good and most impressive was the fact that they would put out a new pot of oatmeal and whole new tray of egg Benedict even though it was 10 minutes to the end of breakfast service. Overall, the hotel set a very high standard and conveys a sense that the most important thing to them is you have a pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Donna H, Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It's a pleasure to know the service our staff provided made your stay enjoyable! The staff here works hard on delivering superior customer service and it appears we succeeded, which is great news. Our suites were renovated a little over 2 years ago and we strive to keep them looking clean and fresh with our standards and maintenance upkeep.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future!
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff was delightful to converse with and provided us with ample information about the hotel and surrounding area.
The included breakfast was tasteful, plentiful and the eating area clean.
The only concern was the occasional late night traffic noise from the adjacent highway.

Room Tip: Hotel is pet friendly on the first floor rooms. Request a room distanced from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you found the staff to be friendly and informative. We do our best to provide as much information about the area and attractions as possible. It can be difficult to get around an unfamiliar area. I am glad you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet. Thank you and have a great day!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

From our fast and easy check-in, upgrade, the comfortable, awesome and sparkling room with plenty of space, breakfast buffet and staff ... This hotel delivered maximum value. It made our visit to Hershey Theater a special celebration. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott S
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of my hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear we met your travel needs and it made your Hershey Theater visit even more special. We are looking forward to have you stay with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!