“Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. The room was great and well kept up. No fridge or microwave but the room was spacious and up to date. The linens were clean and the bathroom was clean. No elevator to the second story. This hotel is pet friendly which is a plus for an animal lover as myself. And my husband loved that the Cracker Barrell was a minute away. Would definately stay at again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Greetings and salutations, I shared your response with my staff and everyone was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please know that we do have quite a few "Superior" and "Deluxe" rooms that come with a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board and larger flat screen TV's. There is only a fraction of a price difference for these upgrades!! Being PET FRIENDLY has always been one of Red Roof's greatest attractions. Especially when your pets stay for FREE!!!
I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Zirconia, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Not all the amenities but clean, safe and above all pet friendly. No problems with reservations, reasonable price and pets are welcome. Very easily found and the staff down to the maids were very friendly. Only serve coffee in the morning but that's what you would expect from this price point. We have stayed at several Red Roofs in the past and all are above average especially considering the price. Great for just a bed bed and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a response about your stay. It was a pleasure having you here with us. We take a lot of pride in our customer service and safety so it great to be recognized for such. I really hope that when you are in the area again you stop by to see the constant improvements we achieve every day.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I'll admit, I was a little wary at first. The stairway going up to my room was kind of dirty and smelled awful. That being said, I LOVED my room. I believe they've recently remodeled, and it was so pretty inside!

Don't get me wrong: this isn't a Hilton, so you're not getting a ton of luxuries. But for what it is--a room where you can sleep at night--it was perfect. I had no issues with noise or "shady" activities, and like I said, everything was clean. My mom said the coffee was great, too. When we're back in the area, we definitely intend to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for writing a few words pertaining to your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room which was in fact recently renovated. I look forward to having you stay here with us again.
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am a fan of Red Roof. I've stayed at many without complaints. This location is 100% smoke free. Needless to say the room reeked of smoke. And the smoke detector was pulled out of the wall to mask the smokers from waking up other guests-housekeeping should have noticed odor and the hanging detector. Shady people in the lot on arrival-had I not been law enforcement I'd found another hotel. I was offered another room but declined since its only 1 night. Won't stay here next year during annual training for the SPCA.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Good day and thank you for staying with the Red Roof Inn. I cannot apologize enough for the lingering odor you found in your room. I am pleased that my GSR was willing to accommodate a move for you. Rest assured that this is a very safe location and we are always busy on the weekends. There will be instances where groups of individuals will step outside of their rooms to walk around or gather to converse. This does not mean that there are "shady" activities happening, this simply means that strangers in society are communicating in a way that promotes good relationships. I strongly encourage you to stay with us again as I am working with my staff to focus on those guests that go against policy and smoke in our rooms!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location is central to great attractions in Hershey and Harrisburg. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and entertainment options with a near by movie theater and mall. The lady who worked the front desk was very pleasant to deal with and very knowledgable about the surrounding area. She checked us in quickly and made sure we were comfortable with our stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My fiancee and I checked in here on 4/18/14 & upon checking in we saw the TV screen stated "rated #1 in Harrisburg by Travel sites!" It also falsely advertised this hotel had been renovated. We booked a double room but they put us in a king(which was not renovated). we came into our room, dropped our bags amd met friends for dinner and a late movie. upon our return, when I needed a shower, I realized our room had hardly been cleaned. There was still used soap and and an empty conditioner bottle in the shower, as well as hair, and the toilet had not been cleaned. The floor was sticky, and our bed sheets had hair all over them. I called the front desk and immediately made them aware of the condition of our room, I even politely asked them if someone could please clean our bathroom the next day. They apologized and said it'd be taken care of. The next day, we returned from purchasing a new vehicle only to find our room hadn't been touched. I hand wiped the toilet seat myself, dealt with the dirty shower, I mopped the floor with a wash cloth and lint rolled the sheets. We will not be staying at a red roof ever again. I deeply regret not booking the Ramada as usual.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Good morning and thank you for letting me know about this situation. I cannot apologize enough for the less than positive experience you and your fiancé had during your stay. Rest assured that what you experienced is NOT a normal practice here and I will be looking into this matter to assure this does not happen again! The renovations done to my hotel were in fact completed to include new flat screen TV's, new carpet, new beds and a fantastic new 44 channel line up. I strongly encourage you to allow me the opportunity to show you what this hotel can offer.
Lynn, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had booked a room for 4/9/14 for an overnight stay. When we arrived an elderly lady was trying to check-in. The person behind the desk was named Molly as I recall. She was telling this elderly lady that they don't hold specific rooms, its on a first come first serve basis, even thought the lady was severly handicapped. She was told there was no ground floor unit to be had. The elderly lady protested that she had made the booking 1 month earlier. She was told quite rudely nothing could be done. At this time her husband came in telling her that he had found alternative accommodations that suited their needs and they left. As I started to check-in, I noticed several invoices behind the counter with ground floor room numbers attached. Apparently, they were being held for the guests that had not arrived . I asked the person behind counter why the rooms were being held when their policy was on a first come basis. She replied that it was her manager's decision and to take it up with him/her . The lady behind the counter in my opinion was rude and not in control of the situation. Because my wife is handicapped we had also requested a first floor room but she insisted that we could only have a second floor room. We subsequently cancelled our booking and left. We found a lovely hotel right around the corner.

Andy. Massacussetts

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning and I apologize for the confusion surrounding this matter. The weekend that we are speaking about was a sold out weekend because of one of Harrisburg's fantastic canine events and Red Roof cannot guarantee a first floor room (unless it is an ADA accessible room). This is why anytime you book the question is posed as a "request" and not a guarantee. We of course will try to accommodate when we are able to but with events like these in town almost every guest requests a first floor room which is why you heard the response "first come first serve". I cannot express how apologetic I am but the registration cards you saw behind the counter were for guests that came in early in the day to check in and guests that were already here re-registering. What I would suggest if possible when making a reservation is to call the inn directly if requesting a first floor room, and inquire if an ADA accessible room or a standard king room is available which is the only way to guarantee a first floor room (as we only have these on the first floor).

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!