“Good clean budget motel” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   950 Eisenhower Blvd., Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
pa.
“Good clean budget motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 1 night in December as a place to sleep nearby a concert we attended at the Forum in Harrisburg.This was a very clean, pleasant ,budget priced motel.The room seemed newly renovated with a few very minor issues.Those being that the shower was very weak and there was strangely no hair dryer in the room,that caught us a little off guard, but other than that it was worth the money and I would stay here again if in the area.The staff was very pleasant . We mistakenly left a kindle tablet behind in the room and when we called to ask them to retrieve it,Latisha[hope I spelled this correctly] sent someone to retrieve it and they then locked it in their safe until I could drive there a few days later and retrieve it which was very nice of her,thank you Latisha and Red Roof Inn for the honesty and kindness of your employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey950, Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Deanroc! I am glad to know that my staff and I were able to assist you in your time of distress. I too would have been a little beside myself had I misplaced my Ipad.
Although we do not offer hair dryers in our rooms at this time, however we do have them available at the front desk upon request. RedRoof Inn values the opinions and needs of our guests; we are constantly making changes to improve our service based on those needs. One of those changes soon to come is the addition of hair dryers and irons in all superior king rooms.
Thank you, for taking the time to share your experience at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mifflinburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed primarily because of the price and location very close to the airport for an early morning flight. The room was very nice, well furnished, very clean, and nicely kept. It was a bit on the small side, but we don't need much space for an overnight stay. Staff was very friendly and professional. Only negative was some loud, unruly behavior in the parking lot early in the morning, but that would not keep me from staying in this otherwise pleasant inn again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the front building near the office.
Dear Tmildew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of about RedRoof Inn Harrisburg Hershey. We hope to see next time you’re in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our room was very nice. It was recently renovated, clean, and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised because the hotel didn't look very new from the outside. It was very basic but appropriate for the price point. There is no coffee maker nor hair dryer. They offer coffee in the lobby though. They only provide two sets of towel instead of the usual 4. The location was good. There are many restaurants nearby. Hershey factory was about 15 minutes away. Overall, I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The front desk person was very nice! And the lobby is wonderful! HOWEVER...the Red Roof sites this is a recently renovated hotel - no, it isn't. Our room was the same old drab room they have always had, with the crappy carpet. They did put in a new bed - but the heat/ac unit was falling apart. Was always too hot or too cold (it was cold outside). I've seen the newer renovations - and I prefer the hard floor as opposed to the carpeting. Very disappointed, since they were false about the hotel being 'renovated'. It is not.

Room Tip: If you have allergies, the carpeting holds everything, and it was not vaccumed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Jaded C:
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. You are correct, our inn completed a renovation in August. The extent of renovations performed at each inn does vary. We installed all new carpeting, all new beds and bedding, draperies, paint and converted to a 100% Smoke Free hotel. Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn was very nice. Service was good, rooms were spacious and pretty modern for an affordable inn. Our room had tv, microwave, fridge, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. The bathroom and toilet was a tad small, but didn't bother us much because its not were staying there. The Wi Fi was iffy with my iPad to get direction to out next destinations, but it still worked nonetheless. In addition, there were so many restaurants arounds for breakfast, lunch and dinner that finding a place to eat was a breeze. This inn was centrally located to many other malls and shopping centers. My only main issue was the level of smoke in the 2nd floor hallway, but our room was smoke free. This is no 5 star hotel, but it is the best inn short of a hotel I have been to so far.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Ezra,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in the area. Have a Happy New Year!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I'm on the road a lot and stay at many hotels. This one is the best by far. Not only are the rooms clean and affordable but the staff is very helpful. Donna the front desk supervisor is very helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure that my stay is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
Sharon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First Let me say that Donn, on the desk, was great! Very friedly and helpful. My room wasn't ready for almost an hour after check in time and he got hot water for me for a cup of hot chocolate and talked to me while I waited. I reserved the room for 2 nights. Room was clean except for the blood stains on the bedspread. The next day all that was done to my room was the bed was made up and I got new towels. There was a sign that said that the trash cans would be emptied and supplies refilled. I was given no more shampoo for my second shower, no more coffee for the coffee pot in my room, and trash cans still full. There was also trash (empty soda cans and plastic bag) just off the sidewalk outside of my room when I checked in and still there when I checked out. Did like the free WiFi and bed was verycomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!