“Very Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
New York City, New York
“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn was very nice. Service was good, rooms were spacious and pretty modern for an affordable inn. Our room had tv, microwave, fridge, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. The bathroom and toilet was a tad small, but didn't bother us much because its not were staying there. The Wi Fi was iffy with my iPad to get direction to out next destinations, but it still worked nonetheless. In addition, there were so many restaurants arounds for breakfast, lunch and dinner that finding a place to eat was a breeze. This inn was centrally located to many other malls and shopping centers. My only main issue was the level of smoke in the 2nd floor hallway, but our room was smoke free. This is no 5 star hotel, but it is the best inn short of a hotel I have been to so far.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Ezra,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit us again when you are in the area. Have a Happy New Year!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I'm on the road a lot and stay at many hotels. This one is the best by far. Not only are the rooms clean and affordable but the staff is very helpful. Donna the front desk supervisor is very helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure that my stay is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
Sharon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First Let me say that Donn, on the desk, was great! Very friedly and helpful. My room wasn't ready for almost an hour after check in time and he got hot water for me for a cup of hot chocolate and talked to me while I waited. I reserved the room for 2 nights. Room was clean except for the blood stains on the bedspread. The next day all that was done to my room was the bed was made up and I got new towels. There was a sign that said that the trash cans would be emptied and supplies refilled. I was given no more shampoo for my second shower, no more coffee for the coffee pot in my room, and trash cans still full. There was also trash (empty soda cans and plastic bag) just off the sidewalk outside of my room when I checked in and still there when I checked out. Did like the free WiFi and bed was verycomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Average place. Clean but small rooms. We stayed here Sunday before T-giving and Friday after. OK for our purpose; a nights sleep in between two 10 hour days of driving. Microwave to reheat leftovers from Thanksgivining saving us a meal out.

Room Tip: this place recently went 100% smoke free. ask for a room that was always non smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Donna is a great desk manager -- I can always count on her to get it right in a friendly manner. The rooms are always clean and comfortable with immediate access to my vehicle. There is easy access to Interstate 287 and the free wifi is the deal maker.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is clean, good curb appeal and very nice helpful staff. Price is reasonable. It is located in a great area for both breakfast and dinner. I would stay here again and plan to.
Kudo's to this hotel.

Room Tip: Easy to find. Good location is you have plans to spend the day on Hershey. The staff is wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the first Red Roof I have stayed in that I have decided I will not return to again. I booked two rooms for a two night stay. On arrival after the designated checkin time the rooms still were not ready. I was asked to return in approx 45 minutes. When I returned the second time it still was another 15 minutes till it was ready. While the room appeared to have some recent updates such as carpet and flat screen tv overal it was not very clean and did not have a clean fresh smell. I suspect there had been a dog in the room the previous night as I noticed a couple fleas in the room. It is very apparant that this motel has an issue with the housekeeping staff. When I returned to the room late in the day the rooms were only partially cleaned. One room the bed had not been made, only a partial set of towels left and no refresh of the soap and shampoo. Second room the bed had been made but no fresh towels were left, the used ones were lying of the floor of the bathroom. No shampoo left. Front desk was called and brought a set of towels and supplies for one of the rooms but never returned with anything for the second room even after a second call was made. There was also alot of noise issues, There was a group of guys drinking beer and talking very loudly well after midnight. Front desk did nothing about it when reported.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!