“My favorite place to stay by far” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   950 Eisenhower Blvd., Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
“My favorite place to stay by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I'm on the road a lot and stay at many hotels. This one is the best by far. Not only are the rooms clean and affordable but the staff is very helpful. Donna the front desk supervisor is very helpful. She will go out of her way to make sure that my stay is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sharon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First Let me say that Donn, on the desk, was great! Very friedly and helpful. My room wasn't ready for almost an hour after check in time and he got hot water for me for a cup of hot chocolate and talked to me while I waited. I reserved the room for 2 nights. Room was clean except for the blood stains on the bedspread. The next day all that was done to my room was the bed was made up and I got new towels. There was a sign that said that the trash cans would be emptied and supplies refilled. I was given no more shampoo for my second shower, no more coffee for the coffee pot in my room, and trash cans still full. There was also trash (empty soda cans and plastic bag) just off the sidewalk outside of my room when I checked in and still there when I checked out. Did like the free WiFi and bed was verycomfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Average place. Clean but small rooms. We stayed here Sunday before T-giving and Friday after. OK for our purpose; a nights sleep in between two 10 hour days of driving. Microwave to reheat leftovers from Thanksgivining saving us a meal out.

Room Tip: this place recently went 100% smoke free. ask for a room that was always non smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Donna is a great desk manager -- I can always count on her to get it right in a friendly manner. The rooms are always clean and comfortable with immediate access to my vehicle. There is easy access to Interstate 287 and the free wifi is the deal maker.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is clean, good curb appeal and very nice helpful staff. Price is reasonable. It is located in a great area for both breakfast and dinner. I would stay here again and plan to.
Kudo's to this hotel.

Room Tip: Easy to find. Good location is you have plans to spend the day on Hershey. The staff is wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the first Red Roof I have stayed in that I have decided I will not return to again. I booked two rooms for a two night stay. On arrival after the designated checkin time the rooms still were not ready. I was asked to return in approx 45 minutes. When I returned the second time it still was another 15 minutes till it was ready. While the room appeared to have some recent updates such as carpet and flat screen tv overal it was not very clean and did not have a clean fresh smell. I suspect there had been a dog in the room the previous night as I noticed a couple fleas in the room. It is very apparant that this motel has an issue with the housekeeping staff. When I returned to the room late in the day the rooms were only partially cleaned. One room the bed had not been made, only a partial set of towels left and no refresh of the soap and shampoo. Second room the bed had been made but no fresh towels were left, the used ones were lying of the floor of the bathroom. No shampoo left. Front desk was called and brought a set of towels and supplies for one of the rooms but never returned with anything for the second room even after a second call was made. There was also alot of noise issues, There was a group of guys drinking beer and talking very loudly well after midnight. Front desk did nothing about it when reported.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Old style motel that has been updated in the last few years. Right next to a La Quinta, McDonalds, Captitol Diner, also a steak place, bar, bowling alley and pizza across the street.

Pros - price, pets stay for free (website says limit of 1 > 70 lb. animal but I saw multiple rooms with 2 or more animals) and there was penty of grass to walk our Jack Russell, Capitol Diner was good ($40=2 dinners, 2 drinks, 2 desserts) location was few miles from Airport and close to expressways.

Cons - pets stay free, even though I usually travel with my dog I was surprised to see so many pets, all well behaved animals and responsible pet owners but this may not be ideal for some folks, while the motel seems to be well maintained it seems this is a busy hotel and the expected wear and tear is evident.

Lastly, the website and name of this Red Roof indicate it is near Hershey. Depends on your definition of near but if you want to be in Hershey there are many closer options as this location is about 10 miles from Hershey Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!