“I loved It” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
New York City, New York
“I loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well , it was kinda small the apartment and no pool but other than that it was very clean , close to restaurants like , McDonald's , Diner Ect. The cleaning service was really good. Hot water . WiFi. Plasma TV's. I guess a lot of people write bad about this hotel because they expect more. i would really recommend this hotel to all people. Low price's and very comfortable. Not as close to Hershey park tho.

Room Tip: Choose room 117 , not to far or to close.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

entering to the room i was surprised how small the room and the bath room was,one of the smallest i have ever seen.on the other hand , the room was very very clean and very compact. it seems as it was planned for 1 person travveling for 1 night.when leaving the receptinist told me i could add 10$ and get a bigger room.any how it was more then ok for the money i paid.

Room Tip: add the 10$ and get a bigger room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while visiting my son who lives nearby. It was nice to get a room on the ground level where I could park my car right outside the door. I had a king bed. The price is what sold me on this hotel this time, as I was on a very tight budget, but I would probably not stay here again.

First the positives. The check-in procedure was quick and the lady at the desk was very friendly (as was the man when I checked out). The location is convenient to many highways and right next door to both a McDonald's and Capitol Diner (which is great for breakfast!). There is a coffee pot in the room and also coffee is offered in the office each morning but there is no fresh milk so I went to the local places. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room along with a nice flat screen tv and free wifi.

I noticed that they are working on some of the rooms and hopefully that is a nice makeover that they give the room I was in because the dark blue carpet was so nasty I wore socks any time I could. It was gummy and greasy and just the thought of bare feet touching it made me gag. I am guessing that is why the room smelled awful. I tried spraying it with perfume but that was a temporary fix at best. Also, there are chips coming off the bathtub and there was a pretty decent fuzzy patch of mold on the ceiling of the bathroom.

The air conditioner was set to 68 but it felt like the arctic. It was also really loud but I was pleasantly surprised that the room was quite insulated from sound other than the awful air system. When I turned the thermostat up a couple of degrees that helped the temp be more comfortable but the odor in the room was magnified in a very disagreeable way.

You get what you pay for so I guess that I should not be surprised at thin towels and really poor quality bed linens. I would just like to be surprised sometime in a good way.

Loved the fact that there was lots of hot water and the housekeeping staff did a good job with what they had. The bathroom was very clean and everything set up nicely.

I stay in Harrisburg at least twice a year and this was my first time going this low budget-wise. Guess it will be my last for a while. I did not sleep well at all due to smell, air system and shabby bed so hope to save up better for my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had booked this Red Roof Inn hotel for a Hershey Park family trip. We had 4 different families and everyone stayed at different hotels. Another was at Red Roof Inn on Corporate; another was at the Marriott, another was at the Hershey Lodge. Staying at the Red Roof Inn where we were, it was cheaper than the Marriott and Hershey Lodge but in hindsight, the free shuttle to Hershey Park from the Lodge would've made better sense. Our room was 2 full beds and we registered as 2 adults and 2 kids. I called for more bath towels. They came up quickly. Nice! There was no refrigerator in the room and no real table or desk. Just another sofa-type of chair. It would've been nice, and there was space for, a round table just to put stuff on. Beds were more comfy than I thought, plenty of parking spaces right where our room was. The front desk woman was very helpful and courteous. The bathrooms were clean. It's not a bad stay but for a trip to Hershey Park, I would pick somewhere with shuttle service to the park next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room was clean and a great price. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and one of their assets is the front desk clerk named Donna Rhinehart-she couldn't have been more helpful and nice. Will continue to use this hotel and highly recommend to anyone that wants a great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Benezette, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place is updated and very clean. I stay here several times a year for 1-5 nights. I generally arrive late, around 8:00 or 9:00 The trick to getting the room you want is to call the hotel directly and book through them, instead of the 800 number. I ask for a King Superior Room on the 1st floor and always get it if I call the hotel directly. To use your redicard free night you need to call the 800 number to book, but I make a follow-up call directly to the hotel and tell them that I am arriving late and what room I want. I always get it. The staff here are always friendly and willing to help out.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel was a great place for the price. We booked through Booking.com, and got a $54.99 rate for a king room. Everything was comfortable, bathroom was small, but good. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!