“Stay at this hotel everytime we are in the area!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Corporate Circle, Harrisburg, PA 17110   |
Ranked #24 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Capon Bridge, West Virginia
“Stay at this hotel everytime we are in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We make trips to this area 1-3 times a year and we always stay in this hotel. Every time we have stayed there our room has been clean and you can't beat the price. The last time we stayed there we wanted to upgrade to a king so we went back to the office and the man at the front desk said that it was no problem and made the changes in a timely matter. Inside looks newly renovated. It was nice having a fridge and microwave in our room. The only thing I wish they would change is they start having continental breakfast. Very Satisfied!

Room Tip: If you are a couple I suggest getting a king. Much bigger bed to sleep in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us every time you are in the area! We are very happy to hear that your room has been clean and that you are pleased with the rate during all of your stays. Thank you for your kind words about Michael, our Front Desk GSR. We strive to make Customer Service one of our number one priorities! We currently offer our complimentary coffee bar located in the lobby for our guests enjoyment. Since we want to keep our rates reasonable, we do not offer a continental breakfast at this time. Thank you for your time to write this review and we look forward to visiting with you on your next trip through the Harrisburg area.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a 2 full bed room. It was very basic room. Nice and clean. The only thing i found that i didnt like about the room was it didnt have a fridge. Very accessable from the major highways. Close to all major attractions in the area.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you felt your room was nice and clean! Our staff works very hard to make sure the rooms are ready to exceed guest's expectations. We do offer refrigerators and microwaves in our Superior King Rooms. We are also in the process of adding some Double Deluxe rooms which will also have refrigerators and microwaves in them. Once again, I thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Harrisburg area.
Morristown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed here once before and found it not bad for a inexpensive motel. This stay was horrible. When I arrived I tried the wifi so I could finish some work. My ipod would not pick up a signal, so I tried my laptop..still no signal. I called the desk. The gentleman on duty told me I needed to call the wifi server.....what?? He explained they respond better to a guest calling then when he calls. Finding that ridiculous I tried different areas in the room. I finally could get a signal if I sat next to the bathroom...yuk. I might also add I paid for the upgrade to the "king" room. I found it nothing special . Due to the poor customer service and lack of wifi I'll go back to the Ramada..much it's nicer {it has pool, hot tub and reliable wifi}... for a few extra dollars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am sorry that you did not have any success with our WiFi. We tell the guest to contact our provider because we seem to get better results from them when they guest calls them directly. It does turn out that we had a part that had gone bad on the WiFi equipment and needed to have it replaced. It has since been replaced and our WiFi is functioning properly now. We hope you will give us a second chance next time you are in the area to exceed your expectations. Once again, I thank you for writing a review on our property.
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business. Everything in the room functioned well. I enjoyed the free wifi. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. I appreciated the free coffee in the lobby. The hotel offers a veteran's discount.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the free wifi. I will also pass on your kind words about how friendly our staff is. We do offer military discounts to both our active duty and retired veterans. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about our property. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the Harrisburg area!
Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Man at front desk very nice , room was not bad but smelled so bad like someone was smoking in our room. As soon as you opened the door it smelled so bad. We went out and picked up air freshener and carpet fresh . The blankets could have been cleaner. Sheets were clean towels were clean and the beds were not bad. Would stay again if it was a night or two cheap cant beat the price but will make sure it doesn't smell .

• Stayed February 2013
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am very sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff. We have begun our renovations and will be 100% smoke free very soon. Thank you for complimenting our Front Desk GSR, Michael. We work very hard to provide the best customer service to our guests. Renovations are under way and our new rooms are very impressive! Please come back and see us soon!
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always stay here when attending events at the Farm Show Complex as it is one of the closest hotels. There are restaurants, a mini market and a gas station close by. Clean rooms, reasonable rates, nice staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am so glad to hear that you stay with us everytime you are in the area. We are located near several stores and restaurants, which makes it very convenient to our guests. Thank you for complimenting how clean our rooms are since we take our cleanliness very seriously. I will share your kind words about our staff to them as well. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about how much you enjoy staying at Red Roof Inn North!
Walnutport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First of all we arrived on Feb 16th, walk into the office and the lady there was just sitting at the computer, I stood there for 5 minutes no welcome to RedRoof no Hello no nothing . Finally she looks up and said rudely DO YOU HAVE A RESERVATION. I said well yes I do. She Then asks me my name I tell her and spell it for her to say I can't find anything, I said excuse me I have a conformation number here I called last night to make sure. Then she asked me for identification , no problem I pull my wallet out and show her my drivers license and she said I need it fisically in my hands. OK. then I asked for and extra towel and it was like (do I really have to get up). Ok we go upstairs to our room and there is hair all ine the shower on the floors snd even on the toilet seat. Ok pull down the blankets to find hair, blood stains and some other kind of stains all over the sheets and the pillow cases. It was really gross. My son and his friend ( 15 and 16) didn't even want to lay on the blankets. Ok I brought blankets out of the car to lay on. Next morning get up for coffee and tea , get half of a cup of coffee and 1 cup of hot water at 7:00 AM and they where empty-The lady looks at my son and I and said oh you emptied the coffee and the hot water. Like are you kidding me. We stayed here for the last 5 years for Motorama and this will be the LAST. RUDE< FILTHY < DISGUSTING

Room Tip: rooms not clean at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our facility. At Red Roof Inn we pride ourselves on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms. I am disappointed and shocked to hear that your stay did not meet yours or our expectations as we strive to ensure all of our guests have a positive stay. We take our customer service very seriously so I am extremely disappointed to hear about your experience at check in. And please accept my apologies on the cleanliness of your room. I can assure you that appropriate action will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time you are in the area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North? Share your experiences!