“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
NY
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for 2 days in a room by the pool. Loved the 6am-11pm convenience for a short swim or dip in the hot tub. The staff, from Andrew at check-in, to the cleaning lady, was so nice. Room service was good, kids meals are cheap and substantial. Free computer area was also a timesaver. Lemonade and Hershey kisses in the lobby were an unexpected treat. About 18 minutes from Hershey Park. They sell discounted tickets in the lobby. Hotel like Hershey in general, has a little wear, but I did not find it a problem. The hotel is very kid friendly as is the entire area. The hotel seemed mostly empty when we got there, then was filled with a hockey tournament, then emptied because the the tournament kids were out competing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review! We hope that you will visit us again in the future and will pass along your kind words to Andy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sewickley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I debated a bit whether to give this property a three or a four. It's not bad, and I've stayed here many times since it opened about 25 years ago. They have spent some time and money on upgrades but, in the end, I just can't get very excited about it. It is certainly a step up from lower tier hotels such as Hampton Inn and the like, but it's a bit of a sprawl and the two people I was traveling with remarked that their rooms had an odd smell; I didn't notice it in my room, but it may have come from carpet cleaning in the hallway. The staff were pleasant (they invariably are) and the food in the restaurant is decent - oddly, Harrisburg is one of the few places outside of MD and DE where you can actually get a good crab cake, and theirs was pretty good with lump crabmeat and almost no filler. As others have noted, it is kid friendly and a good choice if you're going to Hershey Park and don't want to stay in Hershey - perhaps a 20 minute drive. I'd like to be more positive and not off-putting, but my experience with Harrisburg hotels puts all of the better ones in about the same category of ho-hum. The Harrisburg Hilton is not bad, but the only really decent place in the expanded area is the Hotel Hershey, and you'll pay for the privilege of staying there.

Room Tip: In general, nothing is near the lobby. The hotel is in a fairly quiet area. The third floor is act...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, we appreciate your kind review. We hope that you will continue to visit us in the future to see all the improvements that we are making for our guests! We will be sure to pass your crab cake comments to our kitchen. Thanks!
staten island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my 2 boys, 8 and 10. Very clean and spacious room. Extra comfy beds and lots of pillows. Nice pool and restaurant on site. About a 15 minute drive to Hershey but we've stayed at the Hershey Lodge many times and that's a good 10 minute drive so not too much of a big deal, but definitely worth the $150 per night savings!!! Lots of business people around but they didn't seem to mind the kids running around in the lobby...some of them were kind and gave smiles and nods. Computers in the lobby were great for my kids too. Would def. stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your time here, even though not directly in Hershey. We look forward to seeing you all again the next time you are in town!
atlantic city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I normally Hotwire my trips to Harrisburg. I finally got to go back to this great hotel. This is the second time I've stayed here and love it. I recomend it to everyone. Great staff, beautiful rooms,located near everything..

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was there for a night while at Hershey with kids, stayed in room on the 9th floor was nice,clean,and fit 2 adults 2 kids with no problem kids loved the great indoor outdoor pool
They gave us breakfast vouchers that were great we came at 9 was packed we went swimming and came back at 1030 for a empty and relaxing breakfast ,waitress abby was very helpful
I would come back again and would request a balcony room on pool level

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you were able to enjoy our amenities and will be sure to pass along your kind words to Abby!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Booked express deals on Priceline and this popped up. Major renovations since the last year when we stayed. Had movies pool side for the kids at night. Great staff at pool, the bartender makes a great long island ice tea! He is also very good with the kids. Buffet breakfast was nice. Overall enjoyed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you with us again in the future!
Melville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Hershey with my family during a visit to Hershey. I booked a club level room, as I was checking in they told me that children are not allowed in the club lounge. If I have known that I would not have spent the extra money for the lounge. I have stayed at many hotels with clubs and never did I stay at one that did not accept children. My club level room was 2 floors lower then the club lounge , and was extremely dirty. on both beds there were large stains on the blankets and sheets. The hotel needs a major renovation as the carpet and siding on the 8th floor is falling a part. if you stay at this hotel please check all of your sheets and blankets as this is a very dirty hotel. They do have a nice indoor/outdoor pool

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AGMSheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you were unaware of our Club Lounge policy, however it is stated on our website. Also, the property is currently undergoing renovations to the carpeting, paint, and wallpaper. Once completed, we will begin the guest room renovations. Please do come visit us if you visit the area again!

Been to Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey? Share your experiences!