“Hockey Tournament” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)

You added Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hockey Tournament”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Hotel rooms are a little dated but what will bring me back was the amenities they had for the kids. Stayed here for a hockey tournament and the staff was great. Outdoor pool area was huge with a large deck. Kids had a room for knee hockey, ping pong, and the lobby also has an arcade.

Room Tip: Stayed in the farthest room from the lobby. Room 256. Wifi did not work very well.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Todd,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate when a valued guest expresses satisfaction in the service and accommodations we provided them. Delivering a nice lodging experience is a hallmark of our property and something we are extremely proud of. Families are thrilled when they discovery all the wonderful amenities we offer – the big kids (mom and dad) have fun too.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice. We wish you all the best with the youth hockey program.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Holmdel, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Initial impression was the threadbare carpets in the hallways.
The ample room we reserved was poorly prepared. Extra set of towels for the third person in our reservation had to be requested. The sleeper sofa was unmade. When opened, the sleeper revealed a crumpled up red bed runner with a pillow stuffed behind the sofa. We found dirty linens in a plastic bag in the closet. Also...there was a mirror closet door, which was badly warped and a couple of lamps were unplugged.
It is evident that money has been put into updating the façade of
this 1960's Holiday Inn; however, the interior has been seriously
neglected. Issues needed to be addressed are: replacement of rugs, lighting, new linens, and fresh paint.
During our stay, management aggressively sought a '10' for this facility. Unfortunately, they have a long way to go!

Dear Valued Guest,

We regret to read our accommodations were well below what you expected when you selected us as your lodging choice – my apologies. You are 100% correct - we do strive to achieve the best for our valued guests, and want nothing more than to exceed your expectations 24/7. Unfortunately, based upon your feedback, we failed to achieve our highest core tenet – complete guest satisfaction. Your candid feedback will serve as motivation towards improving, which is something we always strive for should a guest depart dissatisfied. The preparation of your guest room or lack thereof, is unacceptable, and was discussed upon receipt of your first review on the IHG website. Capital improvements have been discussed and will commence once funding is approved in 2015.

I accept complete responsibility for failing to meet your expectations, and would like the opportunity to discuss your stay at your earliest convenience. I left you a voicemail message and sent you an email in an effort to discuss our Hospitality Promise Guarantee.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband, I and our two teenage sons spent two nights at this property. The negatives: The walls are paper thin and as a result we were able to hear everything in the room next door. The hotels is a bit dated. We requested additional towels, which my husband picked up as they did not arrive. The ice machine was not working well. There are washers and dryers on site which are coined operated, this should be free for guest. The positives: We were able to check in early which was a plus. The hotel has many activities for kids such as ping pong, pool table, game room and a hot tub,large outdoor pool and a patio sitting area. There is a restaurant on site and a 15 minute drive to Hershey Park.

Room Tip: Away from elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Natasha D,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in sharing your experience with us. We regret to learn of the noise next door by the neighboring guest, and that we did not adequately supply your family with the appropriate amount of towels. We strive to ensure our guests have an enjoyable experience throughout their entire visit – and it starts with us providing whatever they need 24/7. We repaired the ice machine upon discovery that it was not working properly – sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for noting several positive aspects of your experience, and for speaking with me after I read your review. As we discussed, I am confident we will continue to improve as a result of your feedback. We will never make excuses - only improvements.

charlotte, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I really hate to write a negative review, but would have appreciated knowing these things before we booked our room.
The hotel is old or appears old and tired. Remodeled, but poorly. The front looks okay, but when we drove around to the back we got a better idea of what was inside. We were told there were no elevators close to our room so carried our bags down a short flight of stairs into building two. Then a long haul to our room. That was okay. But, the carpet was filthy and had a lot of stains. Every door looked like it had been beaten and painted over. The wallpaper was sagging. Our room smelled like mildew. There was something that looked like old gum stuck in the carpet. I honestly didn't feel like the carpets had been cleaned or vacuumed in ages. Debris was mounted around the edges and doorways.
My husband asked for a different room. We moved to the 4th floor. The hallway and doors were the same. The room was similar but didn't have the smell. The carpet was soiled.
The bedsheets looked okay but there were covered in fabric pills. I slept with socks on. The air-conditioning gurgled all night.
It was the kind of hotel where I wouldn't walk barefooted and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Honestly, if we hadn't been so exhausted and it hadn't been so late, we would have gone to another hotel.
On the way out, I noticed the cigarette butts stamped out on the sidewalk.
I like a clean, maintained facility. It doesn't have to be fancy. This failed in all ways.
Honestly, I'm surprised to read such glowing reviews. We are on a two week trip and this hotel cost as much as many others that were in great condition.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for failing to meet and exceed your expectations as a valued guest. We value the feedback from our guests, and regret to learn your visit was well below what you anticipated when you selected us as your lodging choice. Unfortunately, we did not come close to achieving our goal of complete satisfaction with your overall stay experience – unacceptable by our service standards. Your candid feedback will serve as motivation towards improving, which is something we strive for should a guest depart dissatisfied. Preparing for an arriving guest is something we take very seriously, so your comments regarding cleanliness, condition and odor will be reviewed accordingly. Capital improvements have been discussed and will commence once funding is approved.

I would like to express my appreciation for the time and courtesies you extended to me when we spoke about your experience upon receipt of your review – thank you. You gave me the opportunity to “Make it Right” – and most importantly, you allowed me to communicate my desire and passion towards improvement, which I am extremely grateful.

Kind regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I found that the outside pool area and amenities of the hotel seemed great, even though we didn't get to use them because of rain! I did have a couple issues in the room - the hair dryer didn't work and the knob on the bathroom door fell off!!! It seemed a little old and like other reviews, needed a little updating. On the absolute plus side, I spoke with the front desk and was exceptionally happy with their response to my concerns. They took care of my issues within minutes! I can't say enough about how happy I was that they listened. The manager was even great enough to call the next day and ask about my stay. The customer service was exceptional!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Sharon D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and the TripAdvisor community – much appreciated. We value the feedback from all our guests, and use it to understand a perspective from their view. We are grateful for the opportunity to quickly address the condition items noted in your guest room without too much of an inconvenience. Delivering a great experience for our valued guests is very important to us, as we know you have various choices to choose from and we always want you to select us.

We appreciate your business and hope for another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Saddle Brook, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just recent stayed here with my wife and our 8yr daughter during a two day trip to Hersey Park. The hotel was clean, very friendly staff and great breakfast. My daughter loved all the things to do at the hotel (swimming pool, arcade, playground, ping pong, etc). We will be staying here again on our next trip to Hersey.

Room Tip: Choose the poolside balcony, rooms are much bigger.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Hermes J,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to receive such wonderful feedback about your overall stay experience. It’s very inspiring to us when a valued guest expresses complete satisfaction with our friendly service; clean accommodations and awesome amenities - all hallmarks of our property. It’s also very cool when our guests realize how convenient we are to Hersheypark, and the great value they receive by staying with us, which is unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey market.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

All the best,

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Needs some cosmetic updating - paint and cleaning. That being said, the rooms are beautiful. The beds and the pillows are extremely comfortable. The air-conditioners work great. The indoor pool needs a revamp and cleaning. We did not try the Jacuzzi. The outside pool is absolutely beautiful, clean, and expansive. We did not eat at the restaurant as it was a little high-priced for a budget minded family. The staff is incredible and the management is extremely interested in their customers' experience. We had a few concerns with our room and they were addressed (Randy looks out for his guests.). All in all, it is definitely worth the stay. If you have any concerns - address them with the staff. We waited until we left, but I know that had we said something while we were there it would have been taken care of immediately. Great place for kids - the arcade is little but it works and there are ping pong tables and two pool tables. The WiFi is free but intermittent. The driveway is a little hidden, could use some lights.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Gussie06,

We are grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us – thank you. We truly believe feedback is a gift, and use it every day to improve the overall stay experience for our valued guests. We are pleased to read you and your family found great value in our service and accommodations. Our outdoor pool and amenities are unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey market, and continue to put big smiles on all guest’s faces – business or pleasure. Our indoor will be closed September 1st through September 5th for some detailing and painting – we’re sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

On a personal note, I want to thank you for allowing us to “Make it Right” prior to departure. We strive to deliver the best service and accommodations possible for every guest 24/7. There are occasions when we miss the little details that make a big difference with our guests, and during those “Defining Moments” we want nothing more than to correct it immediately.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and your family. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CMHE
General Manager / #WIT24/7

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!