“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)

You added Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Bronx, New York
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was great the a/c was in great working condition. The bathroom was clean. I had no problem getting a crib and extra sheets for the room. Housekeeping got me everything that I asked for. All of the staff was great. Breakfast got off to a slow start but improved quickly. We were in the A-wing and the kids loved it right next to the pool. They have a jungle gym play area and my little one loved it. We did n't want to leave. Can't wait to plan another trip to this hotel. Thank you Holiday Inn Harrisburg East.

Room Tip: Choose a suite in the lower A-wing. Has good view and you can get to out door pool and hot tub entra...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Sueu724,

Thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. The “best hotel ever” title is very inspiring to us, and is indicative of our ongoing commitment to service excellence. Our welcoming approach towards serving our guests, spacious guest rooms and fantastic amenities continue to score high in the value column with our #1 priority - you our valued guest.

Thank you for selecting us during your recent visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. We can’t wait to have you back.

General Manager / #WIT24/7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

So after my Frontier Airlines flight @ 815AM broke down (after we boarded the aircraft) i sat all day in the airport with my late father's remains (i was transporting him to his services in CO) till about 945PM and then we were just told the flight is now canceled. So at this point i was besides myself and all i was handed after waiting in line for an hour to get my refund is a card with (Holiday Inn Harrisburg East 4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 1711) and was told to contact them to stay there. Well the first person i met from there was a female van driver who was very helpful and answered several of my questions and recommend a great small diner close to the airport so i could eat some real food (AND IT WAS GREAT). Then after getting to the hotel everybody was so helpful and understood that i was a stranded passenger with NO FLIGHT, NO WHEELS, NO HELP from anybody but them. So i stayed there from WEDNESDAY to SATURDAY and the pool was cool the hot tub was relaxing weight room was awesome and the food was ok and the rooms were clean i stayed in two different rooms during my stay due to booking issues that WAS NOT the hotels fault.

I only have 2 small complaints, 1. i was a little upset with the business center it had 2 computers and one of the them was not working and i wish they had something better then a free version of AVG antivirus and i think that is why the other was frozen!

2. In the handicapped rooms i would like to see the electrical outlets a little bit more accessible.

Room Tip: Get a pool side room on the ground floor and walk right out of your sliding glass door and into the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Keith,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in sharing your experience with us. We value the feedback from our guests, as we are always looking for ways to improve the overall stay experience. We are sorry to learn about the loss of your father – my sincere condolences. It’s unfortunate that your travel plans took a turn in a in the direction that you never expected - and you stayed with us. I’m happy to read we made you feel at home though – goal accomplished.

Thank you for bringing two opportunities to our attention – business center computers and electrical outlets. We just installed a more robust antivirus on the computers and have them both up and running now. We are in the process of adding more outlets to our handicapped rooms.

Thanks again for your feedback. We love serving our guests 24/7 – always with the motto of whatever it takes.

Harriman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I would like to extend a great big shout out to Dana Lewis, our service manager for our reunion. Also a special thanks to Jose, the facilities manager. They were absolutely awesome.
Our reunion consisted of about 70 people and they were extremely accommodating to my family.
The hotel is enormous for a family reunion and I encourage anyone to consider this hotel for your event. It's close proximity to Hershey Park, Hollywood Casino, and shopping makes it very attractive.
We had a LUAU in the outdoor pool area which was absolutely fantastic.
Thank you Dana and Jose.
There was also a gentleman that I met, I can't remember his name but he was a retired NYPD police officer who was also very friendly.
There is a pool table area, basketball, volleyball, ping pong, and tennis.
I can't say enough about how I enjoyed my stay.
It is truly the friendliest hotel in the world.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: Choose the room that leads directly to the pool. It's a little more, but well worth it.
Dear Jarrette,

We love shout outs when guests speak about our fantastic team members – thank you. Dana and Jose are awesome associates and an invaluable part of our team. Our property is designed for complete comfort and enjoyment throughout your entire visit - we have something for everyone (business or pleasure). We really do have Rock Star amenities – unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey market. The added value, as you mentioned, is our perfect location to area attractions and outlet shopping.

We enjoyed hosting the 2014 Fullard/Bradley Family Reunion and are grateful to be part of such wonderful memories.

Swisher, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg and it was a very pleasant stay. We were greeted in a very friendly manner and whenever we did meet staff in the hallway or restaurant we were greeted with a big smile and treated like royalty. The pool was one of the nicest I have seen in a very long time. Very big! and very clean with plenty of towels. The hotel itself though does need some serious updating. The carpets appear to be clean but they are stained from past wear. The walls are worn and stained in areas but again because of the age of the hotel. The blinds in the hallways was the biggest surprise in that they were barely hanging on to the window and many were sagging and falling off. This was an eyesore that could easily be fixed. The room itself was very spacious with two queen sized beds and a we had plenty of room for a rollaway. Like the rest of the hotel, it did show some wear in the carpets were stained and walls a bit marked up but overall not bad. The food at the restaurant was very good. And we had exceptionally friendly service there in the dining room. Overall, the hotel was nice. I couldn't help but think that once they replaced the carpeting and updated a bit with fresh paint and wallpaper this place would be an absolute GEM!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vh34, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Gabriella,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in writing a review of your recent stay with us – thank you. We strive to provide quality accommodations and outstanding service throughout the entire guest experience – always looking for ways to improve through the guest’s eyes. Your comments of renovations are something we take seriously and will be addressed in various stages throughout the next 16 months once capital funding is approved. In the interim, we will not slow down for one minute with our passion towards service, cleanliness and safety. The blinds will be addressed immediately – no excuses, no exceptions! We do appreciate and are inspired by all the kind words in your review. I will be sure to share it with the entire team.

Thank you for staying with us on this trip. I hope we will have the opportunity to continue to earn your business.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed there for a week and began with a room that the AC was broken and the toilet/bathroom had not been attended to (previous guest must of had bad aim!). David Vega (sp?) of housekeeping made it a point to get our room switched to a room that had AC and had been cleaned. We had already been there for three hours with the hope that the first room would cool off and cleaned the bathroom ourselves. David helped us pack up and move all to a new room! They then accommodated us with a breakfast buffet and priority club points for our inconvenience.
Thought the rest of the week would be SMOOTH SAILING! Not so much! Had to call front desk most evenings for an additional set of towels (Had 2 kids, 2 adults) and not 3 in a two queen bedroom. Two days had no housekeeping as I guess we left for the days activities too late (10:15 a.m.). Even shared one day with worker," We are ready for you now" at which she replied, " That is not my room to clean". Might have been good to communicate that to the other coworker so that it might get cleaned. Last night in our 2nd room, AC unit popped and gurgled to the point we thought it was going to blow at 4 AM. Bad luck, I guess! I had seen in previous reviews that management shared of future monies that would hopefully come soon to accommodate dated equipment. At the end of the week, I did communicate with general manager concerning issues and he did an excellent job of recording comments to better equip his team for next time. That was appreciated! Just wish it could have been this time. Maybe others would be fortunate as the potential for the facilities with the tennis courts, olympic sized pool, indoor pool, ping pong table, etc. gave a great venue for some family time!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your overall stay experience with us. As a valued guest, we take your feedback very seriously and greatly appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We are very sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. The areas noted are correctable and should have been immediately addressed on day one – unacceptable by our standards of service recovery. I should have touched base with you during the second night of your stay to ensure your visit improved after the initial concerns - my apologies. I discussed your comments with the housekeeping team and I’m confident we learned a valuable lesson, unfortunately at your expense.

It’s the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations 24/7. A little more effort has never been a concern for us, but it will be motivation for us now – guaranteed.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope the next time you visit the Harrisburg/Hershey area you will give us a chance to earn 5 STARS. Contact me directly should you take me up on my suggestion of Sight & Sound Theatres in Lancaster, PA.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stay here for business quite often and find the staff very friendly and the accommodations are always nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed here off and on since 2010 and have always had a good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Laila,

We are delighted to read of your complete satisfaction – thanks for the wonderful comments. Our continued commitment to service excellence is something we’re very proud of and are inspired when a valued guest, such as you, takes the time to acknowledge what we have been providing you since 2010 – a good experience.

We value your business and remain committed to providing you with a good experience.

Plains, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The staff, amenities, and service are exemplary. The attention to detail and desire to please are beyond expectation.

The entire property went above and beyond to make sure all of our requests were not only met but exceeded.!!!!!!!

A tremendous property that is clean, modern, great friendly, professional, and courteous staff and administration that truly cares about its guests.

AWESOME STAY

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian,

Thank you for writing a review about your overall stay experience with us – much appreciated. We are pleased to learn of your satisfaction. We strive to deliver an experience unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey market and are inspired when we execute our service plan to optimal performance. Our service, spacious guest rooms and resort type amenities are hallmarks of our property – something we are extremely proud of.

Thank you for your business.

General Manager / #WIT24/7

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!