So after my Frontier Airlines flight @ 815AM broke down (after we boarded the aircraft) i sat all day in the airport with my late father's remains (i was transporting him to his services in CO) till about 945PM and then we were just told the flight is now canceled. So at this point i was besides myself and all i was handed after waiting in line for an hour to get my refund is a card with (Holiday Inn Harrisburg East 4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 1711) and was told to contact them to stay there. Well the first person i met from there was a female van driver who was very helpful and answered several of my questions and recommend a great small diner close to the airport so i could eat some real food (AND IT WAS GREAT). Then after getting to the hotel everybody was so helpful and understood that i was a stranded passenger with NO FLIGHT, NO WHEELS, NO HELP from anybody but them. So i stayed there from WEDNESDAY to SATURDAY and the pool was cool the hot tub was relaxing weight room was awesome and the food was ok and the rooms were clean i stayed in two different rooms during my stay due to booking issues that WAS NOT the hotels fault.
I only have 2 small complaints, 1. i was a little upset with the business center it had 2 computers and one of the them was not working and i wish they had something better then a free version of AVG antivirus and i think that is why the other was frozen!
2. In the handicapped rooms i would like to see the electrical outlets a little bit more accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn® Harrisburg - East hotel offers a location that is just minutes from various attractions such as Hersheypark featuring 11 thrilling roller coasters and over 65 rides and attractions including over 20 kiddie rides, so there is something for everyone to enjoy, downtown Harrisburg offices, the PA Farm Show Complex, Giant Center and Hersheypark Stadium. History buffs can visit the National Civil War Museum and Gettysburg Battlefield. If business brings you to Harrisburg or Hershey, our hotel is designed to keep you productive. A 30,000-sq-ft meeting facility features a state-of-the-art amphitheater, and there's free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access. We even offer a free shuttle to the airport to keep travel simple. No other hotels near Hershey have the amenities to match a fabulous location off the PA Turnpike like we do. Families appreciate the wide variety of kid-friendly activities that include a playground, arcade, sports courts (basketball and tennis) and indoor pool. And did we mention the Olympic-size outdoor pool? After a day of fun, our pet-friendly hotel is the ideal oasis. You'll agree we're the best Harrisburg - Hershey hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) Hotel Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Holiday Inn