“Holiday Inn Harrisburg East - AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Holiday Inn Harrisburg East - AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just came back from a weekend's stay at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East and have to say it was one of the most pleasurable hotel stays ever! Not only did my family stay, but we had 50 families join us there for an ice hockey tournament being held by Hershey. The staff treated myself and my teams like family and were so accommodating to all our needs. I certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area and will be certain to visit again.

Room Tip: Had a 2 room suite. Very spacious!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Amy,

Thank you for letting us know your recent experience with us was awesome. We appreciate when a guest takes the time to express their satisfaction regarding the service and accommodations we provided. It’s always rewarding when our commitment to service excellence is recognized by our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East as the host hotel for your hockey families.

904 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Holland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

the Holliday inn harrisburg east could not have been more accomidating!! jEveryone was so nice...the rooms are spacious and clean....thank you so much,,,we will be back for sure!
The food in the restuarant was great....kids had a great time as well....they loved the game room and pool..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather,

We are thrilled to read your experience with us was excellent – thank you for the nice comments. Clean and friendly are hallmarks of our service standards, and have been consistently mentioned by our valued guests. We are happy to read the kids took advantage of great amenities we offer – indoor pool and game room.

Thank you for your business. We are glad you’re coming back.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My company has been running winter weekend tours at Holiday Inn East for over 15 years now. The property is beautiful and we keep coming back every winter because of their well run operation and great service. This year was the best so far. We are already making plans to go back again next season!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom,

Thanks for posting a review of your recent experience with us. The business relationship we’ve created with your organization is excellent and much appreciated. These weekends are filled with excitement and high energy, and always a pleasure to accommodate.

We look forward to having you back next year.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a Holiday Inn very convenient to the Harrisburg airport and the downtown area (if you have a GPS). Staff is friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and service at the bar area was congenial and fast. Our housekeeping manager, Dawn, was very attentive and quick to follow-up, as was the hotel engineer who quickly resolved a key issue.

We were in town for a family event and this hotel met our needs perfectly. Price reasonable, room squeaky clean, friendly staff and easy parking make it the perfect hotel to book.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Delampe,

We are pleased to read you were happy with the service and accommodations we provided you – thanks for writing a review of your experience. We strive for such positive feedback and enjoy providing it for all our guests. I’m happy to know Dawn and our engineering department responded quickly your key situation – thank you for recognizing their efforts.

I like reading squeaky clean and friendly staff when a guest writes a review about us – much appreciated.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having been born and raised in Harrisburg I am very familiar with area. This hotel has the most convenient location to anyplace on either the east or west shore. However the most outstanding benefit here is the staff and their dedication to service. There doesn't seem to be a any limit or end to which they will go to satisfy a patron. I have eaten and taken clients to both their restaurants as well as their Sunday Brunch and always been most impressed with the food and service. It is not unusual to have a member staff question whether there is anything you need as your walking down the hall. I am sure you can spend more for accommodations, but I doubt you can get better value.

Room Tip: If you enjoy the pool ask for a room close to it. they have both an heated indoor as well as an outd...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stan065,

Thank you for writing a review about the service and accommodations we provided you. Our convenient location to various attractions, shopping, dining and the airport is a huge plus for any guest staying with us. Our commitment to “Service Excellence” is something we take tremendous pride in, and we’re happy to read you noticed – thanks for the acknowledgement.

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am writing to report a problem during our stay, Friday, March 8-Sunday, March 10, 2013.

First let me start off by stating that my husband and I stay at this hotel quite frequently due to his nature of business and the reason why we stay is due to the proximity the hotel is to my husband's meetings and because it is pet friendly. We have never had a problem until this past weekend.

Upon arriving to the hotel, we checked in and came to our room with our three dogs and went to utilize the restroom and found that our toilet wasn't clean and there was no toilet paper. We went to the front desk and had to get it ourselves.

Upon returning from dinner, my husband and I cleaned up and were watching tv when we heard a lot of young men and ladies screaming and yelling down the hall. My husband immediately called the front desk and asked if someone could please come to the corridor, A-1 Wing rooms 260-280, to ask these youth to please stop screaming and yelling due to other guests trying to sleep at approximately 11:30 pm. We are not sure if the noise got quieter due to a staff member speaking to them or if they decided to just be quiet for a while.

It was now approximately 12:30 am and I called the front desk myself to ask if someone could please tell the youth to stop being disruptive but to no avail and the disruptions went on well until 1:45 am and my third attempt at calling the front desk. At this point in time, my husband got dressed and walked to the front desk personally and asked the staff member at the desk to do something about the disruptive youth and he just made excuses about only having one guy working and at this time my husband was irate due to lack of sleep and consideration from the youth and the staff and he politely told him that if something wasn't done to quiet the disruptive youth he would personally be calling the police himself.

We don't know what the outcome was but the disruptions finally stopped at 2:30 am.

We are sorely disappointed by the way the staff handled the situation and by the way we were treated: like we were the problem.

We are thinking twice about ever coming back to this hotel again or any Holiday Inn for that matter just due to the poor staff interaction and the treatment of how the entire situation was handled.

I, personally hope, that my complaint doesn't go unnoticed and that situations like this will never occur again not only with us but with all guests. Please better train your housekeeping and front desk staff on the cleanliness of rooms and how to handle guest complaints.

Room Tip: Noise levels intolerable. Staff inattentive to guest needs. Cleanliness poor. Food quality poor for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Carla2670,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that our commitment to great service and comfortable accommodations were less than satisfactory with this visit. The noise inconvenience caused by other guests is unacceptable and should have never continued after your initial call to the front desk – my sincere apologies. I have discussed your comments with the staff members involved and provided specific direction on standard operating procedures should this situation ever occur again – I can assure we will handle it differently going forward. Your comments serve as a valuable lesson on my part, as it’s my responsibility to ensure our staff is well prepared to provide the necessary service recovery our valuable guests deserve.

Again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience we caused you and your husband. I was fortunate to speak with him Sunday morning after check-out and he is willing to give us another opportunity to accommodate you and your dogs in our pet friendly rooms for an upcoming stay later this month – thank you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was a guest at Hilton for my first time March 1-3, 2013. The next day we realize that the refriqerator was not working, we call hospitalitly to request a new one. The hotel was full and no refrigerator was available. My room mate has medicine that need to be refrigerated. The staff put their head together and someone send a red bull display refrigerator to our room and said sorry for the look plus this will help with the problem and keep the medicine cold. Great Job hospitality Department.
Thanks to the General Manager for his outstanding hard work and caring heart he show to everyone staff and quests. I have never seen a General Manager who was so visable in helping with everything that was going on all weekend. God Bless YOu! Your doing a great job! I vote you as General Manager for the MOnth of March 2013.

Room Tip: NO hideaway bed. Third floor and up. No 1st or 2nd floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bridget,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Harrisburg East for your weekend getaway March 1-3. Writing a review of your first ever experience with us is much appreciated. We are delighted to read the service we provided exceeded your expectations, as we strive for this type of experience for all our guests. We have a wonderful group of individuals who really care about customer service – thanks for acknowledging their efforts!

We are grateful for your business and hope to see you back with us again in the near future.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!