I am writing to report a problem during our stay, Friday, March 8-Sunday, March 10, 2013.
First let me start off by stating that my husband and I stay at this hotel quite frequently due to his nature of business and the reason why we stay is due to the proximity the hotel is to my husband's meetings and because it is pet friendly. We have never had a problem until this past weekend.
Upon arriving to the hotel, we checked in and came to our room with our three dogs and went to utilize the restroom and found that our toilet wasn't clean and there was no toilet paper. We went to the front desk and had to get it ourselves.
Upon returning from dinner, my husband and I cleaned up and were watching tv when we heard a lot of young men and ladies screaming and yelling down the hall. My husband immediately called the front desk and asked if someone could please come to the corridor, A-1 Wing rooms 260-280, to ask these youth to please stop screaming and yelling due to other guests trying to sleep at approximately 11:30 pm. We are not sure if the noise got quieter due to a staff member speaking to them or if they decided to just be quiet for a while.
It was now approximately 12:30 am and I called the front desk myself to ask if someone could please tell the youth to stop being disruptive but to no avail and the disruptions went on well until 1:45 am and my third attempt at calling the front desk. At this point in time, my husband got dressed and walked to the front desk personally and asked the staff member at the desk to do something about the disruptive youth and he just made excuses about only having one guy working and at this time my husband was irate due to lack of sleep and consideration from the youth and the staff and he politely told him that if something wasn't done to quiet the disruptive youth he would personally be calling the police himself.
We don't know what the outcome was but the disruptions finally stopped at 2:30 am.
We are sorely disappointed by the way the staff handled the situation and by the way we were treated: like we were the problem.
We are thinking twice about ever coming back to this hotel again or any Holiday Inn for that matter just due to the poor staff interaction and the treatment of how the entire situation was handled.
I, personally hope, that my complaint doesn't go unnoticed and that situations like this will never occur again not only with us but with all guests. Please better train your housekeeping and front desk staff on the cleanliness of rooms and how to handle guest complaints.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) Hotel Harrisburg
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) Hotel
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg East
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn® Harrisburg - East hotel offers a location that is just minutes from various attractions such as Hersheypark featuring 11 thrilling roller coasters and over 65 rides and attractions including over 20 kiddie rides, so there is something for everyone to enjoy, downtown Harrisburg offices, the PA Farm Show Complex, Giant Center and Hersheypark Stadium. History buffs can visit the National Civil War Museum and Gettysburg Battlefield. If business brings you to Harrisburg or Hershey, our hotel is designed to keep you productive. A 30,000-sq-ft meeting facility features a state-of-the-art amphitheater, and there's free high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access. We even offer a free shuttle to the airport to keep travel simple. No other hotels near Hershey have the amenities to match a fabulous location off the PA Turnpike like we do. Families appreciate the wide variety of kid-friendly activities that include a playground, arcade, sports courts (basketball and tennis) and indoor pool. And did we mention the Olympic-size outdoor pool? After a day of fun, our pet-friendly hotel is the ideal oasis. You'll agree we're the best Harrisburg - Hershey hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.