“Stay away” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)

You added Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Horrible check in for a gold member, basically told wait three hours for your room, then when that girl left the desk, I tried again and was told thank you for being a member, thank you for staying here, of course we can get check you in and get you to your room. This hotel is outdated, has major internet serice issues, so don't count on doing much business from your room. The bathroom fixtures are old, the caulking for the tub was disgusting and the noise level was like being in a college dorm. This one is no different then the one in Grantville, tired and worn out. Price is not an issue with me but thank goodness due to the event I have here it was less than $100 a night, because it's not worth more than that.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter where they put you, the noise level is horrible as you could most anyth...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Wkrupa,

Thank you for taking the time to write another review of your most recent stay with us. Your first review (January 4, 2012) titled “One of the nicer Holiday Inn’s in the area” is what we expected your second experience to be like. We’re disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations with this visit - my sincere apologies. It’s my responsibility to ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay - any inconvenience we cause must be addressed prior to departure. Since I didn’t have the opportunity to meet you prior to departure, I left you a message in an effort to discuss the specifics of your visit further. I can assure you, if we have another opportunity to accommodate you next year, it will be like the one from January 2012.

Service Recovery Tip: Give us the opportunity to correct any inconvenience you may experience prior to departure and we will make it right - guaranteed!

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After a long day of travel and in need of a room at the last minute, it was pleasant surprise to find the kindness of Greg Koons at the front desk. Thank you for your kindness to my family it was very much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked three rooms here for a college team competition. I thought I left my bag in the hotel after getting the students home, and the hotel staff were very helpful in looking for the bag. The housekeeping supervisor even came back to the hotel to look and all me personally. I was very impressed with the service from the hotel manager, front desk personnel, and housekeeping supervisor. Even when my bag was found in the rental van later, I was not made to feel bad about my confusion. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are delighted to hear the service we provide was “top notch” – thank you. Your review is a testament to the passion we have to do “whatever it takes” for our guests. We understand the importance of recovering guest belongings quickly, as we realize things get misplaced from time to time, but we’ll never waver from providing great customer service even after your departure. Dawn – housekeeping supervisors was very happy to hear you found your bag.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Caroline, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The pleasant and helpful staff make me feel like family. I will definitely keep coming back. The proximity to the airport is also one of the reasons I stay at this location. The shuttle service is great. Management goes out of their way to make sure my stay is top shelf. Lounge and restaurant staff are great at what they do. I look forward to staying here a couple of times a year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We truly appreciate the feedback you provided about how you feel when you stay with us. Our #1 priority is our guests, and we value every opportunity to make sure they’re treated like family when they visit. The staff will enjoy reading how much you enjoyed their service. Our convenient location to the airport, complimentary shuttle service and full service amenities offer fantastic benefits for anyone looking for a nice place to stay – we have a lot to offer.

On behalf of the staff, thank you for business.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stay in hotels about 18 days of the month. All hotels are about the same... Bed, shower, room-service... The management at this hotel is probably one of the best that I have seen in many years. I stayed only one night, had a minor issue that the management took care of very efficiently. I am extremely pleased with the hotel and would recommend it to any business traveler.

GRA

Room Tip: The burgers are really good. I didn't have breakfast, but another traveler told me that they we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us. We are extremely passionate about making sure our guests our completely satisfied throughout their entire stay. My apologies for the minor issue noted in your review. We are grateful you gave us the opportunity to correct it immediately.

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us again in the near future – thanks for the recommendation.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We would like to give you an overview of the hotel and it's staff from a different perspective. From the inside out. We just completed a 12 year office rental at the hotel. In those 12 years we were witness to every aspect of the service and care of the staff. Never once did they disappoint. They were always ready and willing to give us service whether it be cleaning, Heat/air adjustment or just friendly smiles. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to the daily traveler. We know from top to bottom they will knock themselves out to make your stay enjoyable

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
downingtown, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times in the past couple of years for business and have been very pleased with my stay. My wife came along with me this time and she understood why I chose this hotel over others in the area. The bar and food are excellent and the service is great.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Golalakers,

Thank you for providing feedback of your recent stay with us. We are happy to read you felt very comfortable in your guestroom – goal accomplished! We are also glad you were able enjoy a beverage in our lounge. I will review the am coffee with our staff to see what we can do to improve. I completely agree with – Go LA Lakers!

Your business is much appreciated.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!