“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very great stay at the Holiday Inn. From check in with a very kind and helpful staff, very clean room and comfortable sleeping. Had the Sunday Brunch as well. Did not have reservations, but that was no problem. Excellent food and a HUGE selection of food. Very good wait staff. And everywhere that we were in the hotel, the staff was very friendly--even walking down the hall they greeted us with smiles on their faces. Cannot go wrong staying here!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have had meetings here for many years but this was my first "stay". Let me first say that my wife has many spice allergies that make it hard to eat at any restaurant. Sine we were her for a conference, we were referred to Victor Ortiz (banquet manager, I think). My wife was willing to settle for something simple, but that was not acceptable to Victor. He asked what she wanted and made sure it was prepared and served properly! Victor gets a "6" on a scale of 1 to 5! The rest of the staff was very good. The room are clean and comfortable, but a little dated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We appreciate your business and review of your most recent stay with us. Your comments about Victor are much appreciated, and will be shared with the entire team. His dedication to ensuring our guests are happy has always been exemplary.

Thanks again for sharing you experience with the Tripadvisor community.

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

During my stay I had the opportunity to enjoy the pool and fitness center. These facilities where very accommodating for myself and other guest along with me. The restaurant food was excellent ! Mick the front desk clerk made my check in and check out very smooth. With that said I will return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The food was good. Nice bar area and well stocked with wine and liquor options. Oh, did we mention dog friendly.Great staff, dog friendly, easy access to downtown, shopping & restaurants

• Stayed January 2013
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our location and friendly service. Guests with pets really appreciate our designated “pet friendly” rooms, and I know their pets do too!

Thank you for your business! We hope to have you visit us again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am giving this a 4 because of the staff. We stayed here for a conference. We stay at a lot of 4 Star and above hotels and the staff at this Holiday Inn was by far the friendlier and more helpful than the recent 4/5 star hotels we have stayed in.
Corine at the front desk went out of her way to help me with a business transaction I was trying to pull up from the computer.
The hotel needs updating so I consider it a 2/3 in appearance
The food was much better than we expected and i would give that a 3
Service and friendliness was outstanding

Room Tip: With people's sensitivity to smells and allergies I was surprised that they spray the room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We truly value your business, and are committed to providing an incredible experience throughout your entire stay. It’s great to hear we accomplished our goal with your visit. We believe the strength in any business is the people, and we have a group of individuals who will always do “whatever it takes” to make our guests happy. Corrine was thrilled to see her name posted in your review.

Thanks again you for sharing your experience with us.

Houston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for 4 years...probably well over 20+ times. Each time we never have any issues...very clean, and awesome staff! Everyone seems to remember us, ESPECIALLY the Room Service Attendant guy JERRY. He is so friendly, and so personable. He will do anything for you to have a great experience here. Next time you stay at this hotel, make sure you ask for him...and say Thank You!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the wonderful comments about Jerry. He’s truly an awesome individual, and always goes above and beyond to ensure our guests have everything they need when ordering room service.

We would also like to thank you for the 20+ visits with us over the last 4 years. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Monroeville, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter the weekend of January 11th. We were there with a very large group as this was the sponsor hotel for the weekend-long event. After reading all the reviews, I was excited to stay at this property. Unfortunately, the reviews didn't not hold up for us and most people I talked to from our group felt the same.
I would first like to caution anyone reading this review that may be handicapped or have difficulty walking. If your room number is anything past the 20's (ie: 220, 320, 420) be prepared to WALK. And I mean WALK. The hotel is a horseshoe shape with the lobby/meeting rooms/restaurants up front with the rooms being in the wings. There are TWO elevators. Both of which leave from the lobby area. So the higher numbered room have no quick or close by elevator service. This is not fun with a luggage cart full of stuff. Not to mention there are little inclines in the really long hallways. Again, not fun with the loaded cart. On that note, the elevators are small...again not fun with a loaded cart.
My father also stayed with the group. We asked for a handicapped accessible room. Which he got. ON THE 4TH FLOOR. Now, with what I just told you, How does a handicapped man get down from the 4th floor during an emergency? He can't take the steps (hence the handicap) and the elevators would be off limits during a fire? So...???? If you're handicap be sure to request a room on the 1st floor. We will be next year.
Front desk was very friendly and every housekeeper we came across smiled and greeted us. The 1st evening our group was referred to as "The Crazies" by a bar back. I quickly informed him that I was a part of "The Crazies" and he turned a lovely shade of red and finally got me the server I had requested about 20 minutes before hand. Breakfast the next morning left a lot to be desired. It took an HOUR for 2 breakfasts. The manager informed us that the cook is not use to so many people ordering from the menu. He's use to mainly cooking for the buffet. This doesn't seem acceptable to me AT ALL! The prices are high to. A bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a muffin was $7. Across the street there is a Friendly's...go there. Faster, better prices, bigger variety.
The rooms were ok. A little updated needed especially the bathrooms. Everything is "tired". Carpets are stained. Hallway carpet looks like it's been there for 20 year it's so worn. But that's all cosmetic. Everything was clean and that's what's important. The beds are super comfortable and each bed has two pillow options. If you're a light sleeper and there is rain in the forecast, you may want to stay off the 4th floor in the wings. We arrived during a rain storm and it literally sounded like the rain was hitting the ceiling tiles in the room. Obviously ZERO insulation there.
Overall...It's just OK. It could have been worse but I think this property could benefit from an overhaul. They also need to re-think that whole Handicap Rooms on Upper Floors thing.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a balcony or patio. "Smaller" numbers for less walking. Ex (Room 4...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area), responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent experience with us. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the handicapped room noted in your review. We have six (6) handicapped rooms on the first level, so I’m not sure why your request wasn’t honored, but I will investigate with the reservation department. Regarding luggage and baggage handling, we’re more than happy to deliver these items directly to your room. Breakfast experience, I will discuss your comments with the appropriate department – unacceptable and again, my apologies.

The performance areas you mentioned in your review enables us to target concern areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I passed along your appreciation for a clean and comfortable guestroom to the housekeeping department – they were happy to hear of your satisfaction.

If I can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me at rstuart@hiharrisburg.com.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisburg East (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!