“Wonderful newly updated hotel/Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

You added Hilton Harrisburg to your Saves list
Hilton Harrisburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One North Second Street, GPS Friendly - 200 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101-1601   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful newly updated hotel/Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

So after mistakenly reserving a room at a not so great hotel next door & having an awful stay, I decided to stay at the Hilton during this years pageant for my daughter. When we checked in there was an issue with our room type, you see my husband and I both made reservations w/out knowing of the others, but when I did find out I called the reservations dept. to get the confirmation # of my husbands reservation and they accidentally gave me the wrong # so I cancelled the wrong room, but after some quick work the front desk clerk fixed everything and even gave us the rate that I originally had booked and not the current higher rate.
I then gathered my bags and my daughter and we went up to the 9th floor, we then walked to the end of the hall and opened the door to a beautifully updated room. I booked one of the larger corner rooms, which was nicely layed out & had great new furnishings, that included a king bed, sofa bed, large work station/desk, a TV console with a safe and frig. built in. The bathroom was also nicely done, it had a large vanity with lots of counter space and a vessel sink. And for those who like closet space in your hotel room, then you can't complain with this room.
Of course being there with several hundred other girls and their families competing in a pageant certainly did not make it very easy for the hotel staff, but they took it all in stride and with such class you couldn't help but be impressed. I did have one minor issue with being overcharged at the restaurant, but they fixed it quickly & w/out question. Throughout the weekend I heard and saw the same great care from the staff.
One side note, I did notice in other reviews people complaining about having to pay for parking, so my question is, what major city has a hotel in it that DOES NOT charge for parking??? There isn't any, of course you could always stay at the Crowne Plaza next door, but you'll pay $18/day for parking there as opposed to the $10/day at Hilton, & the Hilton gives you free access to your car, the Crowne, you have to call down for it and wait until they bring it to you, how inconvenient. I know there is inevitably going to be at least one person who is unhappy with their stay, but for what this hotel offers compared to the others in the area, it is worth at least trying it for yourself.

Room Tip: Reserve a corner room, especially if you are traveling with kids, you will be very happy with the ex...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Having never been to Harrisburg, I was not sure what to expect of this Hilton - particularly because the only reason I was in town is that my flight had been diverted here and then cancelled. Property was fairly distant from the airport - I believe the cab fare was over $40. However, once I got to reception, the front desk took great care of me, found me a nice size room with the comfortable bedding and all was right with the world again. I was not overly impressed with the food quality, but the service was as top notch as it had been at reception. The area around the hotel seemed somewhat shady, but it was just a 5 minute walk to the Amtrak station where I went the next morning to head to Philadelphia. Thanks again for the excellent service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Phoenixville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a wonderful time staying here for the National American Miss Pageant. It was very busy but the staff and room service dining were the keys to a successful weekend for our family of 5. Good food, good price, great service

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

On our way to New Jersey, we decided to split our trip into two and stay in Harrisburg. We wanted to stay near the highway, so we opted for the Hilton Harrisburg. There is nothing really special about this hotel. Location is okay. Didn't really seem like there was a lot going on in the area. Lobby was nice. There is a restaurant at the hotel that looked fancy, but we didn't eat there. The rooms have been recently renovated. Bathroom was a comfortable size. Water pressure in the shower was weak (annoyingly weak). We were on the 10th floor (I think) and could just barely see the river. If you pay for a river room, make sure they are putting you on one of the highest floors. Parking at the hotel is inconvenient. They valet your car. You drop it off at the front door, but then to get your car, you walk out of the lobby, down the sidewalk, and your car is parked on the side street. Not sure where self-parking is, but my guess is that it is not easy to find.

Overall, this hotel is not bad...its just nothing to be excited about. I will say, though, that the bed was comfortable. The mattress is a pillow top. To sleep comfortably, turn the AC on a low setting right when you get into the room. It takes a while to get comfortable. Especially at night when you are sleeping under a heavy comforter.

Side note: This hotel is only about 15 or so minutes away from Hershey. The drive is easy so we went to Chocolate World and then drove over to the Hershey Lodge for dinner. If your main point of your trip though is to go to Hershey...don't stay in Harrisburg. There are a lot of nice options in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Elysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just returned from a convention there for 2 days. Rooms are newly remodeled and are very nice, spacious and the beds are outstanding. Only ate the breakfast buffet and it was outstanding. Very good price at 15.00 dollars more than enough food and fruit was very fresh. Staff was very courteous, check in was quick and access to parking was reasonable for a down town hotel. Rate was a little high but you'll have that in the city. Location was terrific for walking to other restaurants and great bars. Returned home and the hotel contacted me with email asking how they did. 4.5 stars, would have gotten 5 except there restaurant was under new remodeling but they did very well with the temporary set up. Will return again. and the a/c worked wonderful.

Room Tip: front of hotel rooms have a great view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Harrison, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Unfriendly front & back office staff. Unwilling to address any customer concerns. If you like a trashy nightlife & random people wandering the halls, this is the location for you. Though rooms have been renovated they look mix matched decor wise and wallpaper was peeling. Only reason I gave it a 1 star was for the pillow top mattress. And they charge for parking. I would never return.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Phillip Neiswender
Rooms Division Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Only one weekend night in a gorgeous freshly updated room was thoroughly comfortable. Arriving early on a drizzly Saturday afternoon, we asked for an early check-in and we're delighted to receive a complimentary upgrade to a mini-suite. Thanks so much! Very large room, super comfortable bed, lovely decorated and complete with a view of the river.

Kudos to the front desk for their hospitality and friendliness.

As other reviewers have mentioned, parking is a little odd as you park in a public garage around the corner then walk through a little bit of a maze to find the hotel and front desk. Slightly inconvenient. Other observations to note: busy lobby, slow elevators, nice Executive lounge was larger than average, outside seating for the bar was nice for drinks if you can bear the smokers near the front door (yuck).

Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Harrisburg? Share your experiences!