“Great Service & Restuarants! Rooms not so good! Expect more for the price!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

You added Hilton Harrisburg to your Saves list
Hilton Harrisburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One North Second Street, GPS Friendly - 200 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101-1601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HersheyPark Package
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Mansfield, PA
“Great Service & Restuarants! Rooms not so good! Expect more for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great people and great service, but the condition of the rooms and furnishing was disappointing. Sheets had holes worn in them. On my last visit the toilet did not flush so they gave me a key to the room next door as they have no maintenance guy overnight. The condition is disappointing given the price and the brand name. Just expect more from Hilton and room was 25% more than nearby high-end hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good morning! Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to review your visit. I apologize for the poor condition of your guest room, our housekeeping team has been informed so that we may improve our training and inspection process. Thank you for your positive comment about our great service and restaurants.
We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

From the point of trying to locate the Hilton Harrisburg to my departure on the second day, It was a terrible experience. There are two places in Harrisburg, PA with the address One Second Street; one being across from the post office, and the second being the Hilton Harrisburg. Upon arrival, I was not asked if I was an HHonors member. I had to remind the staff member; all she did was nod and type my number into the computer. I also said I cannot valet park, and must self park only. I said it to her twice, just to make sure. She acknowleged my request, gave me my "self Parking card", and I went on my way. After I checked out, I noticed that she had charged me for the Valet parking rate. My colleagues who did self parking, informed me that they had the self parking rate on their bill. The parking garage is not an easy place to get to. The garage is connected to the Hilton through a common walkway. Upon entering the Hilton, one must walk through the Ballroom area. Oh yes, one has to take two elevators to get to the car in the garage. The entrance for the garage is down a tiny alley. On my second night at the Hilton, an event was underway in the ballroom; there was the challenge of finding a parking spot in the garage. Driving up and down the levels of the garage twice, I finally found a spot on the 7th floor of the garage.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Hilton Harrisburg
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Good morning, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for your recent visit to the Hilton Harrisburg and for taking the time to review your stay both on TripAdvisor and via the Hilton Survey. I apologize for the poor experience while you were with us. Please expect to be contacted by a member of the Guest Assistance team regarding your Hilton Survey response. In the mean time, if there is anything that we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and ask for the Manager on Duty.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night over the weekend. Front desk told us since the EL was closed so she didn't upgrade us to the Executive floor. We had two standard connecting rooms. The room was clean but showed a lot of age. The ceiling in the bathroom was about seven feet high. We had breakfast next morning in the café at the lobby level. The breakfast was free but we had to wait for about one hour for the food (were told there was only one person working in the kitchen).

Room Tip: Parking is $10 per day
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Happy New Year! Thank you for your recent visit to the Hilton Harrisburg and for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. I apologize for the delay in your breakfast service, our kitchen staffing should not have effect on your dining experience. We begin our guest room renovations later this month, I hope you will stop in for a visit and see the result when we are finished!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Visited days before Christmas and it was quite festive. Plent of restaurants within walking distance. Clean rooms with nice amenities. The only downside was the valet took quite some time to retrieve the car.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to review your visit! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for the delay in retrieving your car. I hope we will see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and professional ..
Room is comfortable with a great 7th floor view..
We had a last minute plan to get out for a few days. We wanted to switch rooms and staff at front desk were attentive and very helpful. Valet was on the ball and also had some handy advice where to go and things to see.
Part of a great stay in this town includes a couple nights at the Hilton

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Having stayed here on business Numerous times over the years, I was pleasantly surprised that the property continues to be well maintained. Parking is convenient and connected to the property. Is secure for a woman traveling alone. Restaurants within the hotel are varied and good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm on a 6 month assignment living here so this is my November 2012 review (my first).

Generally, they try and sell themselves on service and so far they are succeeding. The facilities are dated, but getting ready to be remodeled so exactly how they do that without hurting the customer experience will be interesting to report on.

The location is great and the amenities are what is expected of a Hilton, not above expectations mind you. Perhaps the remodel will up their game a bit.

So long as they keep the service level high, and the facilities clean and serviceable, they will have my recommendation. I may not be a professional hotel critic, but I am a Hilton Diamond and living Mon thru Thurs here till May so I'll know alittle something about this hotel.

I will review December next time so keep it up.

-Terrapin '92

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hilton Harrisburg? Share your experiences!