“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Save Saved
You added Hilton Harrisburg to your Saves list
Hilton Harrisburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One North Second Street, GPS Friendly - 200 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101-1601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HersheyPark Package
Ranked #24 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Mountainside, New Jersey
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We live in NJ and after the recent hurricane and power outage decided to take an impromptu vacation to Hershey Park. The Hershey Hotels were booked so we decided to go into Harrisburg and try out the Hilton. It was a great decision. The hotel lobby is absolutely beautiful. Very elegant. We didn't eat in the hotel, but the bar area looked fun and comfortable. The rooms were clean -- the bathroom could use an update but no real complaints. The front desk staff was very helpful and even gave me a toothbrush when I told them I forgot mine asked for the sundries shop. All in all a good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
baltimore,MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went up to the Hilton in Harrisburg, PA for a work convention. Well I parked my SUV valet when I got it back there is huge crack in the trunk area. Well after dealing with their run around after a month I get told my claim is denied because I noitced it when I was already off the property. They aren't denying that their employee did it, they are just denying the claim because I found it off the property! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I'm clearly p***ed because I just bought this SUV in June and now I have damage on the back of it not caused by me! I spoke with Mike Boyer and Phil and they told me to go through my insurance company! Well they can kiss my [--] on that note! I have no accidents, no nothing and they want my insurance to go up because of their employees mistake!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Berkeley, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed one night while visiting family. Nice location. Our room was clean although showing the need for some refurbishing. Some broken tiles in bathroom. Ate at Raspberries for breakfast. Had a great meal which surprised me for a hotel cafe.

Room Tip: Room 824 was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to our property! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and for recognizing one of our great dining options; Raspberries. We begin our room renovations in January, we look forward to showing you our exciting new rooms in the spring! Enjoy your day!
Abington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was one of the very few hotels, I really wished I didn’t have to leave! Overall it was superb, although it did have a few very minor flaws. We learned from a friendly waitress, that the building and franchise will be under new management starting Jan 2013, so I hope that they keep all the great staff and maintain the current vintage elegance while undertaking the promised renovations.

Every staff person we encountered was impeccable in fulfilling their role, from the concierges in the lounge who were always finding ways to make things even better, and responded to my expounding the merits of Hilton biscuits by specially requesting that they be available for my breakfast; to the desk clerks who cheerfully gave directions to local sites and chatted about their attractions; helpful bell persons, valets, all!

The location could not be better for visiting downtown Harrisburg! It is across from the capital complex, with a pedestrian bridge that takes you right on to the grounds after passing shops, Starbucks, a food court, and another plus direct access to the Whitaker Center for Arts and Science with it’s own child-oriented science museum and several arts and music theaters. Nearby there is shopping, more museums and State and other major office buildings. Good for both tourists and business travelers as well.!

There are three restaurants and a bar which is rich mahogany, “gentlemen’s” club elegant and serves the same food as the restaurants. I will be reviewing them under “restaurants,” but just a note here, one is a 4 star gourmet restaurant, one has 4 flat screen TV’s (we skipped that one) and the other is up-scale, family-style hotel generic.

Most of the flaws come under the heading of “needs renovation,”-- so there is great potential here. Some things I would like to have fixed: 1) Replace the self-defeating water-saver shower head. It put out a spray with so little actual water in it that it took me twice as long to get rinsed. I never could have rinsed my long hair, if I had needed to wash it. 2) The shower curtain had some large dark ominous stains, probably from mold. This was the most glaring flaw we experienced. I wish I had taken the time to complain. 3) It would be nice to have a nightlight in the bathroom, so anyone using it during the night doesn’t get shocked awake by the bright lights or risk tripping in the dark. 4) I did complain about the coffee maker that put too much hot water in one cup and only half a cup in the other. It was cheerfully replaced with apologies! 5) The bed was somewhat too hard for my taste and the springs too bouncy, not very bad, just merely average. 6) The extra pillow and blanket had been stored in the closet much too long and were, thus musty. Hopefully new beds and linens will be a first priority.

Can’t say enough good things about this hotel. I sincerely hope it stays as great under new ownership!

Room Tip: The perks of the Executive floors are well worth the extra cost. The free breakfast buffet might ev...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times for business. The location is good being right downtown, however you pay a premium for it considering the Crown Plaza next door is generally a decent amount cheaper. Unfortunately this Hilton has issues I have seen at others in the chain., the common areas are nice but the rooms are standard at best and do not really exude Hilton quality.. Staff is helpful and friendly and the on site dining options are nice but overall the hotel is overpriced

• Stayed June 2012
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to our property and for taking the time to post your review! We are looking forward to begining our room renovations in January of 2013. We are excited to show you the finished product in the Spring. Have a great Wednesday.
pittsburgh, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms ok size, bathrooms very small...but I'm sure this is due to older building. Parking garage elevators were broken when we arrived, but very helpful garage attendants drove us down to entrance with some of our bags, which was appreciated since we have a 2 yr old and flights of steps with bags in tow would have been a nightmare. This was a Sunday so we were out of luck to get the rest of out bags until Monday, when elevators were finally fixed. Front desk calls kept getting disconnected (??) when we'd call to inquire about elevators, which turned me off - just be honest, people!! Overall, clean and can't beat the location.

• Stayed October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff here really goes out of its way to make you feel welcome. The room was a bit small, but very clean and comfortable. Also, aside from a mistake with my breakfast order, the room service was excellent. The casual restaurant ("Raspberries") was also great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to review your stay! I am happy to hear that you felt welcome and comfortable while you are with us. I hope you come see us after our planned renovations wrap up in the spring of 2013! Enjoy your Wednesday.

Been to Hilton Harrisburg? Share your experiences!