“Perfect for what we were looking for” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Harrisburg North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3919 North Front Street/I-81, Harrisburg, PA 17110   |
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Farmingville, New York
“Perfect for what we were looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The people who work at this hotel are wonderful. We only stayed 2 nights, and this hotel was perfect for what we needed. Close to hershey park, and the pool here was great. Only flaws were that our air conditioner knobs were broken and the pool did not open until 10am and closed at 8. Breakfast was OK. We will be staying her eagain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Okay the room was average (no fridge or microwave) to double beds. The mattresses were below average to poor. The hotel could use a good paint job and new beds and good cleaning. I found the bathrooms average with the tube slightly below average. We had a discount to use the but wished I had done my homework. The real BIG problem that no one tells you until you get to your room and see a note is that because the hotel is so close to the river there are river flies of some sort (like mosquitoes) that the county does not spray for because they help eat bad things in the river. But the problem is they are EVERYWHERE. They follow the light so at night if you leave your room and come back in you get dozens that follow, you open your door in the morning and there are hundreds (thousands) on your door. I would have paid more to stay elsewhere with less of these flying bugs.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor, that is were we stayed, don;t know if other floors are better but ca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Was here motorcycling with friends. One of us was injured and we had to deal with local hospital, calling insurer, as well as storing a bike for a few days. Counter staff went above and beyond. One even gave me her personal phone when I was having trouble getting the 1-800 number of the insurer through the hotel phone. Rooms were a bit musty but okay. Breakfast was okay, but prefab "egg" patties looked rather unappealing. Location is fantastic, with riverside trails and proximity to downtown and the hospital, and there is a fantastic Indian restaurant in the adjacent building. Price was decent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I reserved this hotel over the weekend to rest after a long day at Hershey Park. The hotel is approximately 20 minutes from the park and it is not difficult to get there. At night, we could not tell well about location and safety, other than the hotel is as you get off a highway ramp and there is not much around it (A Wendy's, an vacant restaurant building, and a Diner). We got to the hotel at 10 pm, and at that time lobby was closed. They have a side lobby where you have to go. This side lobby had laundry machines going... The clerk that helped us took a while to come (even though we had rang the bell a couple of times). I had booked 2 rooms for the family since we have to split the kids. I had requested specifically adjacent (or at least close) rooms. When I did the check in, the clerk told me one room was in first floor and the other one was on second floor on the other side of the building and at the other end). When I told her about my requests, all she said was: "That's the problem with booking online - cant do anything, we are sold out". I had also paid for 2 "upgraded" rooms and got one upgraded and one not upgraded. Nothing they could do about that either! We had to split and sleep (everyone was tired). The room was ok clean, with the exception of bathroom light fixture that had dead bugs in it all collected, and the bath tub that was somewhat stained. The beds (in my opinion) were not comfortable (but we managed). Breakfast in the morning was chaotic!!! (by the way, when you check in they give you 2 buffet vouchers per room). Buffet is from 6-9am. The area is quite small. They did have some hot items like eggs and sausage, but not enough... I di have to say that some people get too much while others cant get any. By 845am they did not even have coffee, line for waffles was long and there was very little bread left. Overall, It was a bad experience for me. I have stayed in many brand of Hotels and it had been a while since I stayed at a Days Inn. Unfortunately, this stay did not leave a good taste in my mouth!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Harrisburg North? Share your experiences!