“Excellent Days Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
“Excellent Days Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here one night on a short trip north and was very pleasantly surprised. The Hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. The breakfast is good, with multiple choices--eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereals, yogurt, etc. Did not use the outdoor pool--too early in the season. Exercise room is small--three pieces of equipment--but it all worked well. Would definitively stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Have stayed here previously and was not disappointed (as before). The reception was (as usual) very friendly and were very helpful. We stayed in a room by the roadside but the road was not noisy. The breakfast is simple but good for this standard of hotel. If you want somewhere good value for the money then I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Probably better on the 1st (upper floor) or 2nd but no real road noise. We stayed at the hotel twice...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Booked this hotel because of location and price. The room was very clean, comfortable and close to where I needed to be for meetings for my job. Of all the places I have stayed while traveling, this hotel had the best free breakfast buffet i have experienced lately. They had so much to choose from that I left quite full and satisfied. The eating area was very clean and the woman working the buffett was more than helpful when I asked for something. They had a bad storm in the evening of my first night's stay and all the power in the hotel went out. It was very frightening since I did not know what was going on. I went to the front desk to ask for help and was treated very rudely by an employee named Jose. He had quite a nasty personality and was not at all helpful. He started yelling that it was out of their control when all I needed to know was that as a guest I was going to be safe.....and that everything was under control. I complained about him the next morning to the manager and she was more than apologetic for his behavior. I never complain but this man's behavior was horrible. I would stay at this Days Inn again and hopefully Jose will no longer be there. Other than this experience I found the place to be a great place to stay and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ManorHotelCorp, Social Media Manager at Days Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do apologize for the experience you had with Jose and matters have been seen to after you spoke with the manager on duty. Behavior such as that we do not tolerate, and Jose no longer works for our hotel.

We wanted to let you know that we do appreciate your business and look forward to when you stay with us again.
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I spent alot of the day looking for hotels in the carlisle/harrisburg area that would accomodate my semi truck. truthfully, i just wanted to find one at a reasonable price that had an hdtv. So after settling on this one and also taking advantage of the online discount by booking online, i trucked on over here. The website says they have truck parking, but its a driveway in the back that you park on the side of. My truck took up most of the space so having two there is the best that's going to happen unless they don't mind having the rear driveway blocked off. check in was flawless, no problems and she (the clerk) found me without a problem. Walked to the room, opened the door, Boom!......a nicely made king size bed and an HDTV ON THE WALL!!!!! perfect for me to connect my ps3 up with my hdmi cable and get some hi-def. gaming going on.!!! if that is what you're going to do then just know the tv is mounted close to the wall so you'll have to feel around in back of the tv to find the hdmi port and you'll have to use the controls on the tv to switch to the hdmi input as the supplied control isn't the one that came with the tv. as i look around, the carpet is vaccumed, there are plenty of outlets to plug your gadgets into including a surge protector with multiple sockets. the heating/cooling unit looks to be less than a year old with a digital temperature readout and push buttons to set the unit to your comforts. it even has a sleep mode to it. the bathroom is clean. no mildew, no crazy stains,and most importantly......an elongated toilet seat :). wireless internet is fast. I'm on the very corner near where the Wendy's restaurant is and I've had no problems or disconnections while gaming online and surfing the net. For under $70, this is a motel you should make a point to stay at if you're in the Harrisburg area in need of lodging. You won't find a better motel for this price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Union Bridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My company travels to Harrisburg for a week every year. We have stayed at Days Inn Harrisburg North for 4 years and the staff and facilities never disappoint. I highly recommend this hotel, the staff is helpful, accommodating, the facility is clean and competitively priced. Best of all it is just minutes from anything in Harrisburg.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn while attending a wedding near by. We had excellent service when we checked in. Our room on the second floor was very nice, quiet, and spotless. We enjoyed the breakfast for the most part. The sausage gravy was not the best. The man attending the desk for check out was less than pleasant, but was tolerable since we were leaving. I did book the room through Priceline.com at about a $60 savings.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hawley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My two sons and I were invited to spend the night at my son's friend's house in Harrisburg. Both my son and his friend attended a private school in Baltimore and we were visting Hershey for the day. I began getting slightly asthmatic soon after we arrived due to the cats that were in the house. I thought with an inhaler and some Benadryl I would be fine. As the evening progressed into the late night hours (1:00 a.m.) the situation got worse and I was unable to breathe. My son's friend's mother, who was so kind and accomodating, immediately called the Days Inn for a reservation which she graciously offered to pay for. The desk clerk who spoke with her with so warm and friendly and gave me a room immediately. When we arrived the room was all ready and the air was even turned on before hand. There was no odor and the room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The only problem I had was that the lock didn't work. You couldn't turn the knob on the inside to lock the door, it wouldn't move. I had to rely on the latch which was a bit scary for me as I was alone and not feeling well. All in all, had the locks worked the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. In addition, it would be nice if the motel offered express check out from the television. I had a rough night and didn't not really feel like seeing the desk clerk when I checked out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Harrisburg North? Share your experiences!