“Staff good, rooms don't match them.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #34 of 51 hotels in Harrisburg
Noble, Oklahoma
“Staff good, rooms don't match them.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The staff was very nice and helpful, but the rooms, hallways, walls, etc. just don't match up. Dirty walls, TV's don't work right, very little channels, some doors broken/kicked in, ac/heaters do not work right turning on and off all night. Expected MUCH more after paying $100 a night for a nice hotel. Also, pastry's in the bar are not fresh even though it's stated they are. Would not recommend this hotel unless you can get a room for $50 or less.

Room Tip: The tip I could give...stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
HERMITAGE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is so convenient -- easy to get to major highways, shopping, restaurants. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, the pillows worth buying, and the towels thicker than at many 5 star hotels. Plus, the room had the best shower in any hotel I've stayed in -- great pressure, high shower head -- and the bathroom had lots of counter space. Some reviewers found not having the free breakfast a deal breaker, but with Bob Evans right next door, why would you want a dried out donut and the last of the coffee in the pot when you can get whatever you want steps away? Overall, this place sets the gold standard for other hotels in the area -- for convenience, price, quality, cleanliness, and friendliness of staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank-you for your review. I must tell you this is what our staff strives for each and every day. As you said our location is great but we have to be sure our rooms and staff are making sure all the other details are taken care of. Again thanks for your comments and I will be sure to share them with our staff .

Stephen Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My overall stay was very good. The room and hotel itself were great. My only issue was with extra charges being applied to my credit card. The woman working at the desk when I checked in could not find my reservation, even after I showed her my confirmation email with my reservation number. She then told me she would book another room separately, but assured me I would not be charged twice. A few days after I stayed, I checked my bank statement and noticed an extra $50 on my bank statement. After calling the hotel I was assured that this was merely a "holding fee" that would be refunded in a few days. This would have been fine if I was at least told about it when I checked in. The next day I checked my statement again, and while the $50 "holding fee" was gone, I noticed another charge for the same price as my room. They had indeed charged me twice after all! After speaking to someone on the phone another time, it was cleared up with no problem, but had I not noticed it I would have been charged double!

Denver, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

There was water stains on the valance over the window. Bugs were on the valance as well. The ceiling was cracking above the widows, Sheets did not fit the bed, no ice bucket was in the room. spider webs with spiders were on the outside of the windows. Carpet could have used a good vac, and the closet doors were missing and the bar for hanging in the closet looked as though it was going to fall down. Coffee pot had nasty build up on the inside where you put the water. Over all the room was nasty. Looked as though it was cleaned very fast for a quick turnover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent 2 nights @ the Wyndham Garden Harrisburg the room was on the second floor 235. I had stink bugs on the desk and on the curtains. My internet connection never worked on the second night. I had successs logging on the hotel site the first night but not on thesecond night. I was highly disappointed that there was no breakfast not even continental juice and coffee and danish. I have stayed @ Wyndham in Southport, NC and received a full breakfast. Dirty towels were on the floor all night by rooms 231 and 233. I called the front desk. My room was above a very loud party on friday night untill 11pm. I could not take a quiet bath or go to bed early because of the loud music. Also there was nota tv channel listing in the room. I did not know what channels Harrisburg area had.

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Sure, the rooms are nice, the beds are wonderfully comfortable but the staff makes this a Five Star hotel. Michelle and her staff go out of their way to make everything right. The shuttle is convenient and very accomodating. They raise the bar on customer service. I have not had such a wonderful experience in a very, very long time. How refreshing!

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel offers a fabulous view, the backside offers deep foliage and privacy - t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Harrisburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks you very much for your comments . We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Harrisburg/Hershey. I will be sharing you comments with our staff this week at our associate meeting. We our always looking for ways to improve the level of service and quality of our hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Steve Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel

Been to Wyndham Garden Harrisburg? Share your experiences!