“Gross” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Gross”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

House keeping here is lacking seriously. The layout of the the dirty sheets was very awkward, I had to remake my bed. in the middle of the night I descoveres many discusting things in my bed. The sheets obviously were not clean. Finger nail clipping, hair, food were all found while I was sleeping. If you must stay here, beware! And check your bed before you fall asleep.

• Stayed September 2012
HospitalitySteve_11, Manager at Wyndham Garden Harrisburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Mr. Schott,
Thank-you for your comments and I do apologize . There is no excuse for the conditions you experienced. I am meeting with our housekeeping department today to determine who was responsible for cleaning and inspecting your room . I can assure you this is not acceptable and I have not had this in the past.
We take your comments seriously and will see this never happens again. Please contact me directly so we may discuss further.

Steve Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very friendly reception, even though I checked in at 1 am. I felt very wellcome by the friendly lady at the reception desk.

The "bad": There is no free breakfast as offered for instance by BEST WESTERN. Since I am on a 6 hour time difference and get hungry VERY early. So I prefer hotels that offer a free breakfast. Here at the WYNDHAM there was some food for sale in the lobby. I went to a diner outside of the hotel. I really don't like running around outside of a hotel at 6 am!!!!

The room was very nice and clean. The hotel was pretty empty, so noise was no problem. Nice bed and furniture. Never had a hotel before that had a "smart" sofa seat with a table and electrical connection. Very comfortable place to use the laptop.

The bathroom also was nice and had everything needed by me.

All in all I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Was there for a meeting and arrived at noon. The room was not ready as check in is at 3pm. They made the room available and accomodated my request to change to 2 double beds from a king bed room. TV did not work, but I did not ask them to look into it as I was too busy to watch TV.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent the day at Hershey park and stayed here for the night. Booked a room with a king bed and it was a very nice clean room. Very comfortable beds and the front desk employees were very accomodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ORLANDO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stay over one night for business and had the pleasure of helped by Cheyenne in the front desk. Absolutely the most accommodating front desk rep I have ever met. There was a possibility that I had to stay an extra night and the hotel was completely booked, she went above and beyond to try to help, I ended up not needing to stay, but it was great to see my needs were being attended to....Thanks Cheyenne !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Although check in was quick, as soon as our family opened the door to our room, the overwelming smell of cats smacks you right in the face. The funny thing is at check in they ask you to initial and sign that you will not smoke in the room otherwise you are subject to a $150 fee. Needed a place to crash with the family after a day at Hershey but we will wake up and leave without touching anything in this room. With the smell of cats and due to my severe allergies, I grabbed a bottle of water to find that one of our two bottles was opened already and 3/4 full. Glad I packed Fabreeze so the room smelled like cats and Fabreeze. Aweful place........

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mamaroneck, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived late at night after being at Hershey Park all day. Was hoping to just relax and get the kids to bed. Front desk staff was very nice. However, they could not locate a luggage chart. So at 10:30pm, with 3 small children, we had to make 2 trips to being our stuff to our room. The elevator is old and dingy looking. It is n much need of a makeover. The rooms are small and a bit tight for a family of 5. The room itself was clean and in good shape. The mini fridge was dirty inside and some kind of fluid was left on the shelf. Ewww!! The other problem was the sheets looked like they were slept on and the pillow cases were not fresh. Upon calling the front desk, they explained the sheets are replaced with each new room guests. They were apologetic and offered new sheets. It was SO late at this point we requested just new pillow cases and they were immediately brought to our room. The bathroom was clean. It too though was in need of some updating. We did not eat in the barista area (additional cost) but it did look nice. Next time we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Harrisburg? Share your experiences!