“Wyndham should be embarassed by this location” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wyndham should be embarassed by this location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last week for business. Immediately upon entrance, I knew I had made a booking mistake. The lobby is out of date and the tiny desk they squeeze 2 front desk attendants at is a joke. And i dont want to forget to mention that the employees "uniforms" were both stained and wrinkled. I had an awful first impression- and it only got worse.

The hotel is not maintained well at all. The elevators are dilapidated and smell horrible and are extremely slow. They are also not ventilated/cooled so they are very warm- as are all the hallways throughout the hotel.

Upon check in, when I first entered my room, a man and a woman were in my room. I was shocked and scared but the man told me he was a manager and she was in house keeping and they were doing an inspection (yeah right).

Well, apparently the room passed inspection (though it shouldnt have). The bathroom was not clean and smelled like someone had recently used it for #2. BTW- that smell did not go away for my entire stay.

Think twice before booking here. I will not return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Clay, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We reserved on room on Orbitz for a weekend in Hershey. The room was 1/2 off which was a great deal and we reserved a king nonsmoking room. Staff was very friendly we checked in and went to our room. When we entered the room the first thing I noticed was the beds being two doubles not the king we requested. I called the front desk and the person who answered said that they had two buses coming in and had no kings left. She also said that Orbitz had sent the request over as a double; my confirmation showed we requested a king. I was still mad so I went to the front desk and they showed me on their system that it was requested as a double. The girl did say that they had some guests that would be checking out and they would notify us if anything became available. We went back to our room and before we could relax there was a knock at the door and we were moved to a room with a king bed. The room was very nice on the corner of the building so we had a great view of Harrisburg. It was clean and the bed was comfy with Bath & Body Works shampoo and lotion. Everything worked out in the end however when I was going to the front desk for a menu I over heard one of the hotel employees telling a hotel guest on the phone they did not have any kings available just the two queens that they had so it makes me wonder if the hotel books guests in rooms that are not available and then once you are there you take what you get or go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room on the front of the hotel offer a nice view of Harrisburg.
Hainesport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here to visit Hershey's RV Show this past weekend. Check in was quick and easy on Saturday evening, Friendly staff. The lobby area is updated, bright, and open. The cafe has a nice variety of on-the-go foods and drinks.

The elevators are older but work just fine. I'm not sure why everyone really cares what the elevators look like. They work and I don't spend that much time in elevators to care what the decor is. The upstairs hallways are older and not as nicely decorated as the lobby area. It is clean and well lit.

The rooms are recently updated and VERY clean. The beds are comfortable. The desk chairs are very nice. Bathroom is super clean. Our coffeemaker did not work, but we were going out anyway so we just grabbed coffee on the road. Nice flat screen TVs in the rooms and the heater/AC unit worked well.

All in all, I was very pleased with this hotel for the $89 a night price tag.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Everyone was nice and efficient. On our way in we met a fellow traveller in the elevator carrying bottles of water. She said the hotel is in an flodd area and was under a"boil alert". The desk said nothing when we checked in and we ould have become ill by using the tap water. The hotel did supply unlimited water for drinkning and some ablutions, but I removed one star because we were not informed at check-in of the water alert.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ecybulski, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Harrisburg, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, there was a flood and water advisory over the area at that time due to the record rainfall. I apologize that you were not notified of this fact during your check-in.

We hope to see you again should your plans call for a return trip to our area.
St. Johns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Traveling from FL, to find a very worn hotel, front desk staff very nice, but after that don't expect to much. Pool closed. Elevators in need of remodeling, first impressions rough. Cheaper rate than most but now we know why, rooms are dated and bathroom with issues of cleanliness. Not what we had in mind. Will not say again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. My apologies for not meeting your expectations. I will share your comments with our team. We do close the pool after Labor Day and the hotel will be undergoing some upgrades in 2012. We hope you will give us another opportunity should you be in the Harrisburg area again.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our vacation to Hershey Park. The hotel is clean and the rooms are a decent size. It is about a 15 minute drive to Hershey Park and centrally located. There is a strip mall with Target, Panera Bread across the highway along with a Bob Evans directly across the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ecybulski, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Harrisburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location favorable for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The staff was hospitable and efficient. Any small inconveniences were taken care of promptly. Great coffee in the rooms. Can't beat it for the price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Harrisburg/Hershey. Your feedback is important to us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be helpful and efficient. We're also glad you enjoyed the coffee!

We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Wyndham Garden Harrisburg? Share your experiences!