“good place, open late” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 462 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Pizza
“good place, open late”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Unlike many pizza shops in the Harrisburg area,Tonino's is open to 11:30 on Friday and Saturday nights. They are friendly and understand that some of us can't eat at the same time as most people.They keep open late,when most places close if the don't get alot of customers in a certain amount of time. By the way the thick crust pizza is a treat, soft crust, very flavorful.... its a treat, after a night of work, to go to a place near closing time , and the staff is still nice.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Upstate New York
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I had the white ricotta pizza- it was very good.

My son had the deep dish- was not a fan of the mushrooms...

Either way- great take out pizza in my opinion.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brookville, Pennsylvania
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went out of my way to eat here based on the reviews and I found the pizza to be 'good enough.' At Tonino's you will go to the counter and pick out the slice you want and it will be heated in the oven. Once ready you will bring it back to your table on a paper plate. The restaurant is decorated with Italian themed posters - cars, scenery, motorcycles, etc. The television is tuned into an Italian news station. The pizza ordered was a slice of cheese and a slice of peperoni. Both were thin crust and flavorful. An order of garlic knots was also ordered. They lacked any true flavor so the sauce became handy. Since I was very hungry by the time I got here, I was pleased with what I received but realize that though it was good, it was also forgettable. I am sure most of you know what I mean. If I were in the area again I would eat here, but I wont remember this place as being so good that it would warrant a special trip.

Next time I am in Harrisburg, it is likely that I will try one of the others with a good review.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Greek Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ordered a slice of cheese and Greek salad with chicken both were very good. The cheese was classic new york style just like I like, The salad was great, lots of chicken and feta, with a great Greek Dressing. I would do here if you can.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbury, Connecticut
“Great Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a large cheese and pepperoni pizza. This is a flat style pizza, and it was delicious. This is a family owned restaurant and has been for years. They do deliver to the local area.

Visited April 2013