“Comparable to my husband's Italian Grandmother!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 456 restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Comparable to my husband's Italian Grandmother!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stumbled across this place while driving around. I saw that there were some tables outside, and it looked very picturesque. So we decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad we did! We sat outside and a menu was brought out to us. We had Italian bread and olive oil to munch on as we decided what we wanted. Everything is made in house and you can tell. Nothing tastes like it was frozen and reheated before serving. It's all fresh! Our waitress was very nice, and I believe she's the daughter of the owner/cook. Actually, the kids are the waiters, and their mother cooks in the back. It feels like you're in someone's family kitchen. We had the lasagna and ravioli and it was AMAZING. The red sauce is so good. I've been to Italy numerous times and had way too much pasta for one person. And the sauce is just like I had in Italy. It's different from American Italian tomato sauces, it is almost exactly how my husband's Italian Grandmother makes it. Amazing. We went recently with some friends, and they absolutely loved their food. We sat inside this time, and it was nice and cozy. We had the angel hair pasta tossed with seasonings and olive oil, SO GOOD. My husband ordered the gnocchi and it had their amazing red sauce with meat in it. All in all, we always have a great experience and the food is some of the BEST Italian food I have had in the US. Check it out, you won't be disappointed! Oh and did I mention they also sell GELATO?! And it's also really good.

• Visited November 2013

86% Recommend
Harrisburg, PA
“Neat neighborhood gem, food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Cool little neighborhood restaurant - actually pretty awesome. Small and cramped but I sort of think that was part of the charm. Matter of fact we sat down at a table with 2 strangers since it was the only avail seats - they didn't seem to care and we didn't, met two new friends and everyone in there seemed to be like that. I kept hearing how great the food is so I had the stuffed meatball - gross, I thought it was stuffed with cheese but it turns out there was a ham like thing in there too. Flavor was not that great and left a metallic flavor. Pasta was ok but bland. I sure wish we got desserts as they looked terrific. I definitely would go back as the atmosphere was so intriguing. I'd try something else, maybe the pizza which looked terrific. My dining friend also had the meatball and had worse things to say than aforementioned.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Can't wait to get back here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Love this place. Good location, nice family running it, and good food all around. I had a 3 cheese tortellini with cream sauce with a side of sausage and sweet peppers. The lunch came with a large pc. of bread. Prices are very reasonable. I finished with an espresso and baklava.
I will return when I'm in the H'burg.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
manheim
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

A simple place with the most incredible homemade Italian food! People were very interesting, friendly and I formative. We had a most wonderful visit. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good homemade Italian food!

• Visited August 2013
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Cute little cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm always surprised when I find a new treasure in the Harrisburg neighborhood. This delightful pastry shop serves delicious lunches as well as tasty desserts and gelato. I had the chicken Parmesan sandwich on their handmade bread and my husband enjoyed a platter of meatballs and broad beans. It was so peaceful to sit out at a table in the shade on this quiet street. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited August 2013